Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: The Things We Keep Inside

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

If we’re lucky maybe Colin will run away and go back to his real owner, who will figure out Gary pawned off a different dog on them, and they’ll track down Gary and make his life hell. And the stalker will kill Maggie. I can dream…

I kind of love how much we all still hold this grudge.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I kind of love how much we all still hold this grudge.

Agreed! As a life-long-lover of fur babies, this particular plot disaster gets me every time... to me, it is equivalent to switching children! The writers are obviously NOT dog lovers. Anyone with a speck of brain activitiy KNOWS that you cannot switch a dog without consequences. They are unique!

• Love 8

Gary is an idiot.  Despite Colin not really being Gary's dog because he pulled the switcheroo with the real owner lady, he should've stopped off on their way out of town to get Colin for a road trip!  Instead he just assumes that Eddie will be there to care for him instead of asking first.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

If we’re lucky maybe Colin will run away and go back to his real owner, who will figure out Gary pawned off a different dog on them, and they’ll track down Gary and make his life hell. And the stalker will kill Maggie. I can dream…

I think they had an episode where they showed the real owner saying she DID figure it out and didn't care. It was the writers trying to make Gary and Maggie not seem so terrible or something. It clearly didn't work.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think they had an episode where they showed the real owner saying she DID figure it out and didn't care. It was the writers trying to make Gary and Maggie not seem so terrible or something. It clearly didn't work.

No, the episode is Ten Years, S02E07.  Maggie is sporting the long pink hair.  Colin the dog is really Wesley, the elderly lady's missing dog.  Gary thought he was returning Colin back to the owner, but Maggie actually pulled the switcheroo and she and Gary gave the woman a dog named Maurice from the shelter, telling her it was Wesley.  The real Wesley now named Colin went home with Gary.

Edited by CrystalBlue
1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

No, the episode is Ten Years, S02E07.  Maggie is sporting the long pink hair.  Colin the dog is really Wesley, the elderly lady's missing dog.  Gary thought he was returning Colin back to the owner, but Maggie actually pulled the switcheroo and she and Gary gave the woman a dog named Maurice from the shelter, telling her it was Wesley.  The real Wesley now named Colin went home with Gary.

Yes, I know. I was saying that a few episodes after that Gary went back to the owner's house to help her with something and she told him she knew the dog she got back wasn't her original dog. But she loved the new dog and was totally okay with it being a replacement.

I went back and watched the scene, it is in S02, E09, Time Stands Still. I'm not sure she realized Maggie and Gary did it intentionally, but she definitely knew she didn't have her real dog and didn't mind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, I know. I was saying that a few episodes after that Gary went back to the owner's house to help her with something and she told him she knew the dog she got back wasn't her original dog. But she loved the new dog and was totally okay with it being a replacement.

I went back and watched the scene, it is in S02, E09, Time Stands Still. I'm not sure she realized Maggie and Gary did it intentionally, but she definitely knew she didn't have her real dog and didn't mind.

Thanks!  I'll rewatch.

• Love 1

Maybe, Maggie and Gary will go to visit that disturbed lady and never return….just disappear…..the lady says she hasn’t seen them. 😉 

And Sophie hits the road touring with a band and leaves word, she’s fine be back next year.

Let them bring in some new characters.   They are needed, but so are new writers for this sad little show.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
On 12/2/2021 at 10:12 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Again, if it's outside his own lived experience, it's like Nash has never existed in the world and doesn't know how anything works.

I agree, and I’d say this is a very big problem for a writer. Sure, there’s “write what you know,” Nash, ya big galoot, but research is also a thing. 

• Love 1