Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Ready to Change My Life

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Is there a live chat for this? This is my first time for this one 

I think the thread's just open. I only watched the first episode. I don't know if I can get into another one of these shows. Even if Dr. Proctor is nicer to look at than Dr. Now.

• Love 1

I don't see it as unwarranted for a parent to worry about their child's safety with George as a teacher.    If something goes wrong, how fast could he move?   I bet he's not real effective for fire drills or other emergency drills.    

Dr. Cutie Pie is at Beltline Bariatric, in Atlanta.  It said on the door just now.     (I only put the practice name in because they feature it so prominently, so they must want the publicity.).     

I'm rooting for George.    

That giant pot of soup was fine, but I bet it didn't last him a day.   

Spoiler

Just ignore this one.   Sorry. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I think the biggest issue of most of the participants on all these 'fat' shows is that they are absolutely terrified of and unable to deal with any level of discomfort, and they proactively avoid even the slightest possibility of it - thus they overeat before they have a chance to have hunger pangs, stop moving before they have (any more) pain or tiredness, etc.

Edited by Hellga
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Hellga said:

This my first time watching the show.  I want to see what it's like, if it's just as formulaic as the 'My 600-pound life'.  This guy seems sweet, so far, so I am rooting for him.  

Not a fan of the whole 'bet my ex for kisses' thing...

• Love 5

The way he is pressing his friend into giving him a chance to be more than friends is raising my creep alarm.  He started out looking sweet, but something like that would make me NOT want to be even friends anymore.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Not a fan of the whole 'bet my ex for kisses' thing...

Yup.  And I don't think it's possible to be friends with someone who is in love with you when you are not in love with them.  Too awkward.  That's how I lost a long-time friend, when he asked me out on a date and it just creeped me out because I never saw him in that light.  It's a pity because we did use to have fun hanging out together... 

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 4

I bet George's one meal a day lasted all day.   I'm rooting for him, and I wish he would follow the program.  

Many hospitals were slammed during Covid, but it could be that Dr. Proctor uses the day short stay surgery centers.   They cancelled elective surgery here, but they still did urgent cases.    The short stay places don't do multihour surgeries here, but they do something like the bypass that's not even two hours usually.  I would think George's surgery would be considered essential.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Wow they really made a mini-parade for him.  His family is so supportive, I hope he doesn't disappoint them.  He is moving along in the right direction, slowly by Dr. Now's standards, but hopefully it's a pace he can sustain.

Latrice, girl, I am not sure what you have going on in your life, but you look too good for this guy.  Unless she has her own skeletons in the closet...

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Hellga said:

Wow they really made a mini-parade for him.  His family is so supportive, I hope he doesn't disappoint them.  He is moving along in the right direction, slowly by Dr. Now's standards, but hopefully it's a pace he can sustain.

Latrice, girl, I am not sure what you have going on in your life, but you look too good for this guy.  Unless she has her own skeletons in the closet...

I only caught the ending and plan to watch it later this week.  However, the little bit that I saw of Latrice made me think that she wasn't that interested in him.  She wasn't animated enough during her time on the screen and actually looked a little uncomfortable.  

6 hours ago, MsVixen said:

I only caught the ending and plan to watch it later this week.  However, the little bit that I saw of Latrice made me think that she wasn't that interested in him.  She wasn't animated enough during her time on the screen and actually looked a little uncomfortable.  

Yeah I doubt they were going to Netflix and chill.

On 11/25/2021 at 5:00 PM, MsVixen said:

I think he said she was an old friend?  Maybe she did a 'pity date' to help him feel better about himself?  But that rarely ends well... usually feelings get hurt instead...

• Love 2

I caught this last night-Big Mike seems to be a nice enough guy but I was surprised at his weight. I thought he was bigger until I found out he's only 5'7.  He's only 1 inch taller than me so of course the fat is spread around even more. I'm glad he stuck to the program and got the surgery (I wonder which type he had-they didn't say) but if he continues to lose (walk, Mike, walk!) he will need extensive skin surgery to remove all the hanging skin which is very painful and a long recovery time. (The hubs had it done after losing almost 275 lbs and it was a true ordeal- they took off 11 lbs of skin but the recovery was rough). I don't think his "date" would be a long term girlfriend, the poor guy is just lonely. I wish him luck-it's an uphill battle.

• Love 2

Finally got to watch this episode and think that Mike is both defensive and needy.  If I were a mother of one of his pupils, I would be worried about his mobility issues.  Yes, he could fall on a child but I'm more concerned about Mike being able to get a child to safety in case of a fire or whatever would cause an evacuation of the school.

He's thinking that his weight is the main reason his love life is non-existent.  What's he going to do if he finds out that he's still having problems getting a date (he lives with his Mother;  he gets too emotional involved too early;  his whole journey is going to take a long time and some people don't/won't want to deal with the drama).

Also, the pictures at the end of the show were misleading.  The current picture didn't show the extent of his butt wings (his ass is still huge) and the one where he is 300 pounds didn't really show the extra skin hanging off his body.  

• Love 4

The school was incredibly accommodating to his weight.

Others brought him and the students items as needed while he sat and he was allowed to put chairs in the hall at 10' or so intervals so that he could rest. I've got to believe there are very few teachers of his size anywhere. As mentioned upthread, he would be of little help in a classroom emergency. I wish him well though.

• Love 2
On 11/27/2021 at 12:52 PM, Maisiesmom said:

I caught this last night-Big Mike seems to be a nice enough guy but I was surprised at his weight. I thought he was bigger until I found out he's only 5'7.

On my TV his name is George.  Where are you all getting Mike from?  🤔

Edited by swankie
On 11/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, MsVixen said:

He's thinking that his weight is the main reason his love life is non-existent.  What's he going to do if he finds out that he's still having problems getting a date (he lives with his Mother;  he gets too emotional involved too early;  his whole journey is going to take a long time and some people don't/won't want to deal with the drama).

He doesn't live with his mother.  His mother lives with him.  In fact, he said he keeps a room for his mother in his house which leaves me to believe she doesn't stay with him all the time.  But it is his house.