Type keyword(s) to search

Gold Digger: Joe Millionaire In the Media

• Start Topic

I was surprised to see so many articles covering this since I never saw anyone do even a recap during the show.  And, going by the number of people on the threads here, it didn't look like this was watched by many people. I wonder if there will be a second season. Maybe they can do like the Bachelor and have two women next time - one of them rich. But, not Amanda because we already know.

Just as long as Martin is back.

• Love 2

I listened to the Amanda part. She thinks Kurt is still messed up over an engagement from before the show. Also, she's living in NYC (was in the process of moving when she got the call for the show) and Kurt's in the Carolinas and neither was interested in moving to be with the other. Neither of these things bode well for a relationship with Carolyn if he really did try to look her up after the break up with Amanda.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

There are articles all over the place about these guys and the show. Where were they during the show that might have gotten people to watch? I saw that there were podcasts, but haven't listened. I have also seen some reports of the guys' net worth and they have it totally messed up. Is Kurt 38? I didn't think he was that old, but that's what one said and that he is worth 5 million and Steve was worth $1M. But the same article said that Kurt chose Calah, so what do they know?

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

There are articles all over the place about these guys and the show. Where were they during the show that might have gotten people to watch? I saw that there were podcasts, but haven't listened. I have also seen some reports of the guys' net worth and they have it totally messed up. Is Kurt 38? I didn't think he was that old, but that's what one said and that he is worth 5 million and Steve was worth $1M. But the same article said that Kurt chose Calah, so what do they know?

Wow, they certainly didn't have their facts straight! During the show's filming, Kurt was 32 and Steven 27 or 28.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Did you read the responses? They are suggesting to use the air fryer, etc. and missed her point completely! Or, at least what I am thinking she was saying/not saying.

She tagged JOEMILLIONAIRE in the tweet.  She is 100% talking shit about Kurt!

So she's saying she got Carolyn's sloppy seconds? She's not wrong but I agree with the folks who say she should have bailed earlier if it really bothered her.

On second thought she did a podcast where she said Kurt is still hung up on a former fiance, so maybe that's the reference.

• Love 1

This article claims that Kurt spills the tea on his split with Amanda, but he doesn’t give any details. He does, however, throw Carolyn under the bus…as well as pre-emptively disses the Bachelorettes.

'Joe Millionaire' Star Kurt Sowers Explains Split From Amanda Pace and Carolyn Moore's Dramatic Exit
At the end of Fox’s “Joe Millionaire”

Read in Variety: https://apple.news/AKroQD2JuRwSqoFFJIsH43Q

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

This article claims that Kurt spills the tea on his split with Amanda, but he doesn’t give any details. He does, however, throw Carolyn under the bus…as well as pre-emptively disses the Bachelorettes.

'Joe Millionaire' Star Kurt Sowers Explains Split From Amanda Pace and Carolyn Moore's Dramatic Exit
At the end of Fox’s “Joe Millionaire”

Read in Variety: https://apple.news/AKroQD2JuRwSqoFFJIsH43Q

1 minute ago, LakeGal said:

Interesting that Kurt considered picking no one at the end.  

He also questions whether 2 women on the Bachelorette can work as well as him and Steven….

And he hints about wanting to do DWTS or a construction based reality show. 

• Love 1

It sounds like Kurt still believes that Carolyn is calling all the shots in her own mind. And from what I have seen on Twitter, I tend to agree. I do give Kurt props for realizing the train wreck of being with Carolyn.

And I would think The Amazing Race would still be awesome for Steven and Kurt, but if there is no Bachelor/Bacehlorette in DWTS, they might consider a Joe. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, yourdreamer said:

It sounds like Kurt still believes that Carolyn is calling all the shots in her own mind. And from what I have seen on Twitter, I tend to agree. I do give Kurt props for realizing the train wreck of being with Carolyn.

And I would think The Amazing Race would still be awesome for Steven and Kurt, but if there is no Bachelor/Bacehlorette in DWTS, they might consider a Joe. 

DWTS is on ABC.  They won’t give a platform to non ABC reality contestants.  

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with doing DWTS?

Approximately $125,000 for rehearsals and the first show. $250,000 in total if you make it to the final night.  An apartment and car provided for the duration.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Funny that Steven's big excuse about Annie not being the one was because she wouldn't fit into his life on the farm, and now he and Calah have bought a house in Kansas City.  I did think it was interesting that in one of the articles he referred to it as "my" new house when they are apparently moving into it together.   

Maybe I'm being naive, but Steven always seemed like he was actually open to falling in love and it looks like (for the time being) it actually worked out for him.  He took things really seriously.  I think it was a big risk to pick Calah.  We never really got a sense as to who she was.  I did like how she opened up during the family visits though. 

Kurt was more of the typical type of Bachelor contestant.  I'm not surprised he didn't end up with anyone.   

• Love 2

Calah  has a similar family background to Steven; her family has a cattle ranch in Texas. I think there were some editing choices made to make her a surprise winner. For example, I don't remember seeing a lot of time spent on bottle feeding the calf, or other farm chores on the home visit where she would have been comfortable and the other girls...not so much. She was quiet, but that could be because she was sizing him up as much as he was her. She finally decided he was in it for real, not just to be on TV, after she met his family.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 2