Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Group B Semi-Final

• Start Topic

Knew who the Mallard was when he was  unmasked.  Just a bit surprised that he could sing that well.  Had to look up Bobby Berk.  I'm just glad that no one on the panel guessed either correctly. 

I don't know what made me think of this pair but I'll guess that Banana Split is Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt. She does sing and he does ... nothing. I snickered when someone said, "Oh, he's playing the drums.". No, he wasn't playing them or the piano. He's just going through the motions.

I think Mallard was 'known' by many people almost from the get-go, but apparently the panel had no clue (or were not give the right suggestions). I only know the shows from reputation, so I am surprised he sang as well as he did. 

That said, all 4 of PoolB's singers were about the same IMO, so I honestly had no idea who would be eliminated this time. Last week, it was obvious Bull was safe, and it was a coin flip between Pepper and Skunk, but Jester had no chance. This week, none (IMO) were as good as Bull, but all four were at the Pepper/Skunk level easily. (If any, I think I was ready for Banana Splits to go)

And on another note, it's such an obvious song choice but may not really match her voice. But I really want Queen of Hearts to sing "Queen of Hearts" before the end. :) 

• Love 1

I'm glad the stupid button is done, and the script had them failing to guess. It's totally not fair (I know, I know) to have someone eliminated by any means other than an audience vote (or should I say "audience vote.") It didn't even bring that much drama - Ken's was more likely to be right that Jenny's (really- Jake Gyllenhall?) I hope they don't bring it back. 

If there is a wishlist, I would like to see Dee Snider on a future season. He's been a guess a couple of times, and I'm sure he'd do it.  Also, David Lee Roth, Pat Benatar, Ann Wilson.

• Love 4

Agreed. I never want to see that damn button again. While it's painfully obvious the show is 'rigged' and preplanned from the getgo, the button STILL feels like it is a cheat and not fair to the masked singer ultimately.  I'm glad both guesses ultimately failed; I was really worried since this is the last time (I think) they could use it, they would have it be successful. (And all things considered, I'm sick of Jenny and do not want her winning any more Golden Ear trophies) 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

. I never want to see that damn button again. While it's painfully obvious the show is 'rigged' and preplanned from the getgo, the button STILL feels like it is a cheat and not fair to the masked singer ultimately.  I'm glad both guesses ultimately failed;

They will definitely use this button on upcoming seasons when someone who sings amazingly well doesn't want to be on the show for more than a few episodes. It's the new way to let big stars half-ass participate.

Bobby Berk is from the revival of Queer Eye on Netflix, he's an insanely talented interior designer. But his life story is gripping, and as you watch the episodes, you see how much he grows. He's really great and I highly recommend watching Netflix's Queer Eye. It's one heck of a show!

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

These guesses by the panel are definitely fed to them.  Hell, Nicole couldn't even pronounce John Krasinski's name for cripes sakes.

And they can't know all of these people when they are unmasked.  Did they really recognize either of these guys tonight?  I've never heard of Bobby Berk, and while I'm aware of Duck Dynasty I've never watched it and would never know Willie Robertson.  The panel acts like they are long lost best buddies!!

• Love 1

Willie Robertson is not a person I know at all. I googled him a few weeks back after learning he is good friends with Chris Pratt. If I hadn't, I would have been very confused. 

I just happen to know Bobby Berk. But I do appreciate that both of these niche "celebs" were lovely singers. 

I figured Mallard was gone because there were a couple weeks where I figured he was close to being cut.  I figured either banana split or caterpillar would go even though they've both been consistent but I thought that particular Lady Gaga song was a bad move on their parts.

Okay with the elims though and had no idea who either were though I have heard of both shows.

And yes, that button is dumb and no way do any of these judges no that many people.  I'm also of the opinion that some of the names they call wouldn't necessarily do this show so I just ignore those call outs completely.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, roughing it said:

And they can't know all of these people when they are unmasked.  Did they really recognize either of these guys tonight? 

This is why the first thing Nick does is yell "It's........." so everyone knows who they are. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I knew both guys' names, but I couldn't pick them out of a lineup. 

I'm not sure we can count anyone out (except some of the current top tier A-Listers) as "would never do the show." If Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle can (among others), anyone can. Like, I could see Dwayne Johnson having a go if he has the time. If they work out only one or two eps, it's a quick way to get your name back in the public eye, live out a fantasy, show off a previously unknown talent, whatever. And make a bit of quick cash!

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

If they work out only one or two eps, it's a quick way to get your name back in the public eye, live out a fantasy, show off a previously unknown talent, whatever. And make a bit of quick cash!

This makes my millennial heart just beg for Britney and Xtina to decide to do an ep or three of this show! Heck, I'd settle for Hillary Duff or Jessica Simpson!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

This makes my millennial heart just beg for Britney and Xtina to decide to do an ep or three of this show! Heck, I'd settle for Hillary Duff or Jessica Simpson!

Britney and Xtina were judges in reality singing shows so it's a possibility.  I can especially see Britney doing it after all the #freebritney publicity.  Although, both of them would have to disguise their voices.  Otherwise, it would be a Gladys, Patti, Dione, Nick, etc. guess.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, roughing it said:

These guesses by the panel are definitely fed to them.  Hell, Nicole couldn't even pronounce John Krasinski's name for cripes sakes.

And they can't know all of these people when they are unmasked.  Did they really recognize either of these guys tonight?  I've never heard of Bobby Berk, and while I'm aware of Duck Dynasty I've never watched it and would never know Willie Robertson.  The panel acts like they are long lost best buddies!!

I only know Willie from other shows.  Willie and another guy (maybe the dad?) appeared in an episode of Last Man Standing.  I also saw him when Sadie, his daughter, was a contestant on DWTS.  One or more of her pre-packages showed Duck Dynasty and her family.

I've heard of Queer Eye but never watched any of the episodes.  I've seen some of the stars in other shows like DWTS.  I don't know Bobby Berk.

Glad the final two in this group are Banana Split and Queen of Hearts.  Agree with the guess of Banana Split being Katherine McPhee and David Foster and Jewel for Queen.