Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Swan Song

CountryGirl
  • Start Topic

With only two days to go until the big finale, the cast preps for their final performance. Nick must make the hard decision of following his brain or his heart. Julia is stuck in a tough position when Kevin tries to win her back.

Original air date: November 29, 2021

So. They went there with Paula at the beginning of the episode. I was sad to see it. I truly felt for Mike since he did stay there and go the distance unlike with his father. At least he learned from being with Paula how to be there. 

Nick with the panic attacks was funny - and also not. Glad Monica calmed him down. 

I truly cannot believe male twin (blanking on his name) dumped Travis because Mommy told him to do so. 

Sad that this was the last episode and it’s a cliffhanger since it’s doubtful it will ever get resolved, darn it. 

22 minutes ago, yourdreamer said:

So. They went there with Paula at the beginning of the episode. I was sad to see it. I truly felt for Mike since he did stay there and go the distance unlike with his father. At least he learned from being with Paula how to be there. 

Nick with the panic attacks was funny - and also not. Glad Monica calmed him down. 

I truly cannot believe male twin (blanking on his name) dumped Travis because Mommy told him to do so. 

Sad that this was the last episode and it’s a cliffhanger since it’s doubtful it will ever get resolved, darn it. 

They showed the previews for next week. We will get to see their take on Swan Lake.

• Love 6

They really killed off Paula!!! Somehow, I just didn't think they would, that was so sad & also well done.

What exactly did Simon do to mommy? I remember wondering what happened to her, but I don't remember Simon doing anything.

I thought it was a good episode, too bad there's only one more & that might be all we ever get. It's been so long since I was so invested in a network show, I don't want it to get cancelled.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 6

I'm glad that Gabby got to show her choreographic chops! That may be her new career path. Although, unless you've got some big name clients, it really doesn't pay the rent either.

Brittany is obviously pregnant, so who's the daddy? Probably isn't the first time and Mommy will probably take care of that, stat!

Will Nick be redeemed? Will he find happiness with Monica?

And who will win the prize?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

They showed the previews for next week. We will get to see their take on Swan Lake.

Thank you- I don’t watch previews for next episodes for any shows, and I assumed that 10 was the episode order. Glad I was wrong!

Whoa.  Good episode. The cold open with Mike and Paula was very well done and while sad didn't bog down the mood of the show.

I loved Paula knowing Mike so well they had well timed video messages for him at just the right time and Wayne was her willing and on point wing man.

11th hour Simon drama is not chill, show!  Not chill at all.

And I still have no time for Brittany.

Even though I hate the entire way the show has approached 'Mommy' I did find the panic over her appearance and by the staff funny. Also, yes, Nick, call for security but call for the cameras first.

And honestly, I have lost interest in Gabby/Reggie.  The show has tried too hard to put too many obstacles between and has succeeded so I am very 'meh' on them now even as I liked them in the beginning.

I am so curious about 'The Big Leap' show within a show.  Obviously it has been airing but I wonder what the public is actually seeing?  I know they are getting backstage drama and talking heads, but are they getting any dancing?  Also I have completely forgotten the focus of the show is it a contest show?  Is someone supposed to win in the end?  And given what little we have been seeing about dancing, I don't even know how that would even work?

Glad to see Nick's daughter make a reappearance.  Looks like she'll be on board net week too.  I can't wait to see the finale.

Man, I hope this gets renewed.

• Love 5

I hate that they really killed off Paula. I feel like her getting her cancer back, and so aggressively, wasn't a needed plot for dRaMA. She didn't even make it to the Swan Lake performance. 

Honestly, I'm good with this being a one-and-done season. I hope next week they are able to conclude in a way that if it doesn't get renewed there's nothing left dangling. 

• Love 2

Oh no, I don't want Brittany to be pregnant.  

Also, if this were a different show, I would hope that someone would push Mommy down the stairs.  I hate how toxic she is to her children.

I loved the dynamic between Monica and Gabby- especially the looks when they were talking about Gabby getting a screen credit.  So funny.

IF this is not getting a season 2, at least give us a happy ending.

• Love 6

They really went there with Paula, and right in the opening. I still kept expecting them to pull back at the last minute to have her recover or end with her at the performance with the implication that she will die soon after the show ends, but nope, they really went there. I still don't like that they decided to kill Paula off, its just such a depressing story for a show that is more of a feel good dramedy, but they did actually handle things well, with everyone dealing with their grief in different ways while trying to make the show go on, and Paula's many videos to Mike were really sweet. Poor Mike.

Monica and Gabby don't get a lot of screen time, but I always love what they do get. "Children don't respond to me, can you whip something up?" It seems like Gabby's real passion and talent might be choreography, which could be how she finds her next career. I am not a huge fan of Gabby and Reggie, but I did love all of the sports reporters trying to get him to talk about Gabby and getting her back. 

Mommy might be a ridiculous over the top caricature of a stage mom, but I did love everyone totally freaking out when she arrived on set. Especially Nick calling for cameras, and then security. I guess the baby has to be Reggie's? I would think Brittany would be on all kinds of birth control, but I guess nothing is guaranteed and it IS television.

I really hope this show gets renewed, I would like to see what a second season would be like. But if nothing else, I am glad that we are at least going to get to see Swan Lake, which I was worried we would never get to see. 

• Love 6

I am hoping the Brittany's obvious pregnancy is not the result of a hook-up with Reggie. He never liked her, so I hope they never did anything, although she threw herself at him, so maybe he responded. I want him to be with Gabby and I want Gabby to be a choreographer. I also hope that heartless Nick recovers from his obvious heart attack. But, I don't want him to change too much. I like him with Monica, but he needs to stay himself. I also hope they get renewed, but I am not counting on it. 

4 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Also, if this were a different show, I would hope that someone would push Mommy down the stairs.  I hate how toxic she is to her children.

Show ain't over yet!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode, although Paula’s death was a gut-punch. I loved her videos to him. 

Gabby choreographing will be her true calling. 

Julia, please don’t give your asshole husband a second chance…to hurt you again. 

I’m really hoping it can be renewed. 

• Love 3