Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E17: Live Top 13 Performances

• Start Topic

A lot of good or at least decent performances this week, which surprised me considering I didn't like most of the contestants I saw last week. Joshua, for example, I thought was awful, but liked his performance tonight. I feel like Wendy Moten will most likely win this year. She has big talent + she's on Blake's team. Those are two huge assets in her favor. I love her image, too, as far as the way they're dressing her (unless those are her own choices?). Blake was smart to pick "Blue Bayou" for her; that was a song I remember Alisan Porter performed which helped her become the only contestant Christina ever won with. And I liked Wendy's performance of it overall more than Alisan's.

Besides her,  I think Holly has a decent shot. Plus, I think it might help her that she's on Ariana's team, since I think the show likes for the new coaches to win and preferences them in a lot of ways to help that happen. And who knows if Ariana will be back again or not, since she has her next album coming soon. Unfortunately, I don't think Gymani did as well as last week. Hailey was as good as last week, but, pretty as it was that song, is so overdone.

• Love 3

I liked a lot of the performances.  I actually voted for two on Kelly’s team, two on John’s team and one on Arianna’s team.  None for Blake.  I didn’t care for Blue Bayou….love the song, but it didn’t work for me.  And, I like her a lot.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I got behind, but am so glad Paris got saved! He should really stick to the blues-y type songs (with less back up instrumentals) his voice, style and tone are perfect for it. (Id love to hear him sing some old Brenton Wood stuff!)

I wasn't as jazzed about his song choice this time, but understand why he chose it. (I may be in the wrong episode thread, I'm mixed up because I watched 2 at once off the dvr)

The sound system is still screwy with the backups sometimes louder than the singer and it's bugging me. They all sound better during the rehearsal sessions. What is up with that?

Still a lot of off key and minor flubs from some, I want a bit more perfection at this stage of the game. Gymani did a great job for her save, she deserved it. I am also glad Jeremy (oh gosh is that his name?) made it through. He's had some weak spots, but he's really good.

I am awful because I ffwd through the stories, designed to tug heartstrings. I just want to hear their voices and judge on that.

• Love 4

After Dust In The Wind, my expectations were high.  I loved that performance.  I’ve never cared for the song, but it set the bar, imo.  It caused me to think of a lot of old friends from my childhood…..I’m still thinking about it.  I would love an album by that trio.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I got behind, but am so glad Paris got saved! He should really stick to the blues-y type songs (with less back up instrumentals) his voice, style and tone are perfect for it. (Id love to hear him sing some old Brenton Wood stuff!)

I wasn't as jazzed about his song choice this time, but understand why he chose it. (I may be in the wrong episode thread, I'm mixed up because I watched 2 at once off the dvr)

The sound system is still screwy with the backups sometimes louder than the singer and it's bugging me. They all sound better during the rehearsal sessions. What is up with that?

Still a lot of off key and minor flubs from some, I want a bit more perfection at this stage of the game. Gymani did a great job for her save, she deserved it. I am also glad Jeremy (oh gosh is that his name?) made it through. He's had some weak spots, but he's really good.

I am awful because I ffwd through the stories, designed to tug heartstrings. I just want to hear their voices and judge on that.

Totally agree about Paris! I was afraid he wouldn't make it. I didn't like his song choice. He is so much better when he sings the bluesy type songs. I hope he sticks to those in the future. 

My husband and I fast-forward through half the show, the stories and a lot of the judges comments, because they fawn over everyone and rarely offer any constructive criticism. (I know he was harsh but sometimes I wish Simon Cowell was on The Voice, because when someone wasn't good, he often said what I was thinking.)

I thought Girl Named Tom was excellent. They got 10 votes from me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4

I thought Girl Named Tom’s rendition of Dust in the Wind was absolutely gorgeous. I haven’t downloaded a Voice performance in a long time, but I added this after I re-wound the performance to watch it four times in a row. Beautifully done.

• Love 4