Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E16: Live Top 20 Eliminations

• Start Topic

America's votes make 2 artists from each team safe. Each coach then selects one more artist to move forward. The next highest vote earner from each team competes in the Wildcard Instant Save, joined by the winner of the Comeback Vote. One artist from the Save moves on to the Top 13.

Original airdate: 11/9/21

9 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I was pulling for Vaughn but I've got to say, Hailey's Jar of Hearts was far, far better than Christina Perri. Also surprised Ameriker chose to eliminate the pretty boys and kept actual talent. Decent group this time.

I don’t like having kids on the show but she was really good. It was also a great song choice which is the downfall of soooo many on this show.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I just don't get the popularity of the father/son duo (don't remember their stage name)

I think it's holdover from their performance in the knock-outs.  They did an upbeat, foot stomping song and people responded to it. 

Since NBC seems determined to milk this show until EVERYONE stops watching, why don't they change it up and have a season with only groups.  (This would be good when, because of timing, they need to do a shortened season.)  In general, single singers have a disadvantage over groups because groups can do harmonies.  (This is especially noticeable during the battle rounds.)  They could then say that no groups are allowed to compete against the single singers during the other season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I knew that John would save Shadale.  It seems that he always saves and usually picks women and he even chose her over Samara.  He, IMO, acted like a real skeeze on that show Duets years ago (Robin Thicke was pretty gross on there, too).  He seems to have straightened up a bit since he's married, but he'll still go for looks or attraction or something.

That said, it was a stupid save.  Now two of his three team members are black female belters, who are just going to cannibalize each other's votes, if are any more to go around after the two other belters are finished.  He definitely should have saved Samuel (although I was hoping for the long haired cutie pie) and had three distinct styles among his team.  I'll admit that I'm a bit prejudiced against John just for calling his group Team Legend instead of Team John, but still...

Lana might have been my least favorite on Blake's team, but he saved her because she was in a different lane than his other two singers.  Blake always has been smart about strategy over emotion on this show.

2 minutes ago, Sile said:

2 minutes ago, Sile said:

Edited by Sile
Replied instead of edited and now I can't get rid of the quote boxes, grrrr!
  • Love 2
On 11/10/2021 at 2:25 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

I was pulling for Vaughn but I've got to say, Hailey's Jar of Hearts was far, far better than Christina Perri. Also surprised Ameriker chose to eliminate the pretty boys and kept actual talent. Decent group this time.

I liked Vaughn too but he's been away too long. People forget.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Sile said:

Lana might have been my least favorite on Blake's team, but he saved her because she was in a different lane than his other two singers.  Blake always has been smart about strategy over emotion on this show.

I agree about Blake being smart about strategy over emotion, he plays the game well and that's what it is to him a game to win. I was shocked that the only country singer on this season had to be saved by her coach.  What happened to all The Voice country fans?

• Love 1

On 11/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Quickbeam said:

I don’t like having kids on the show but she was really good. It was also a great song choice which is the downfall of soooo many on this show.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to Kelly's incessant screaming "SHE JUST TURNED 14!!!!!!!!!"  The show is called "The Voice."  Someone should win or lose based on their talent, they shouldn't be given extra consideration because of their age.

25 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I agree about Blake being smart about strategy over emotion, he plays the game well and that's what it is to him a game to win. I was shocked that the only country singer on this season had to be saved by her coach.  What happened to all The Voice country fans?

I really think Blake planned to go with Carson (the fiddle player) in the knock-outs.  He sounded really good in rehearsal, so why he decided to change the key to one where he was straining the entire time is a complete mystery.   While Lana isn't bad, she isn't really that great and her live performance was so-so.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2021 at 12:25 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

Hailey peaked at the right time.  She sounded so good with Jar of Hearts.  I admit that I wondered why Kelly saved her in the battles over better singers.  Then I was actually rooting for the two sisters since I really liked the younger sister's voice and their harmonies.  Hailey kept getting better though.  Vaughn was my second choice in that round.

1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm REALLY not looking forward to Kelly's incessant screaming "SHE JUST TURNED 14!!!!!!!!!"  The show is called "The Voice."  Someone should win or lose based on their talent, they shouldn't be given extra consideration because of their age.

I really think Blake planned to go with Carson (the fiddle player) in the knock-outs.  He sounded really good in rehearsal, so why he decided to change the key to one where he was straining the entire time is a complete mystery.   While Lana isn't bad, she isn't really that great and her live performance was so-so.

Blake is a good with strategy.  I think Carson would have appealed to voters more but he was straining during the knockouts.  Can't believe Lana is the only country singer left. 

I liked LiBianca and would rather have her stay than Wendy.  I know that the latter is talented but LiBianca is more interesting.  I loved her play-off performance.  But I guess it doesn't appeal to the voters since Peedy beat her.

• Love 2