Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Barn Burner

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Walker invites Gale Davidson to participate in the chili cookoff at the Side Step to try and make amends after years of their families feuding, however Abby isn't too pleased with the gesture. Micki and Trey work on reconciling their relationship when she comes home after her deep undercover operation.

Airdate: 11/11/2021

I thought it was very nice of Trey to lie and say how good the painting of UNRESOLVED FEELINGS looked. That was a pretty crap piece of tourist junk. 

Okay, Dave Annabale has turned into a real silver fox, but that DA had better watch her back because that guy is a walking red flag. I hate people who involve themselves in other people's biz. Like, it doesn't even sound like he's been with the DA Denise that long since her fairly recent divorce but damn, bro. Taking over Serrano's surveillance detail is next level trying to impress the in-laws batshit. 

Chili the always reliable cause of strife on television. I like mine with beans and a side of long-simmering resentment. 

Edited by ZeeEnnui
needed to finish thought
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Even if he was blindfolded, I kind of feel like the chili contest would have always been suspicious, because one would have imagined Walker would have eaten his mom's chili enough times to know what it tastes like (and she even apparently busted out grandma's recipe this go around.)  They really needed an unbiased judge who was connected or at least related to any of the contenders.  Of course, it didn't surprise me that he would pick the Davidson's in a desperate attempt at an olive branch (which I still don't see working.)  Granted, any time there are competitions like this, I always think it would be awesome if one of the other non-important contenders won.  Like it ends with Walker going "Actually, the firemen's chili is the best!  Sorry, guys!"

I feel like Walker is/was in a no win situation with the Micki/Trey drama, because it really wasn't his place to tell Trey what happened to Micki and what she was upset about, and would have probably just had both of them mad at him instead.

So, the surveillance team was working for Serrano, but now that he's been captured, they lend their expertise to... Dan.  Yeah, that's not a bit much at all, buddy!

Still think there is more the barn burning despite Walker's guilt.  I can see him bringing the lantern into the barn like he says, but instead of it falling over or something, someone actually knocked it over when he was away.

• Love 5

If I understand correctly (and I may not), Dave Annabale's character is married to the daughter of Paula Marshall's character. 

If that's the case, who the hell enters a cooking contest with their mother in law?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Bulldog said:

If I understand correctly (and I may not), Dave Annabale's character is married to the daughter of Paula Marshall's character. 

If that's the case, who the hell enters a cooking contest with their mother in law?  

Weirdos... 

23 hours ago, Bulldog said:

The character of Dan is really, really weird honestly. He's only recently married to Denise of the Burning Barn of Walker's Nightmares in which her father died. I think when we first met his character, DA Denise mentioned that he had no family of his own, and I get that someone like that would feel strongly about being welcomed into viper's nest of Davidson's, but (and there is a huge BUT) his reaction to a twenty-year-old feud that had nothing to do with him is straight out of crazy town. Dude, you weren't there (unless in a shocking plot twist he was....which makes no sense but you never know). Honestly, if I were dating or married to someone who was that angry about something that didn't happen to them, they'd get ghosted really fast. It's also really bizarre that he spends more time with his MIL than his wife. Like, if they were having an insane soapy affair where Paula Marshall was feeding him poisoned chili pillow talk about the mean old Walker's, then I might actually believe it. DA Denise, open your eyes - your husband is just not that into you, but he's really into your mom. 

BTW I agree with another poster that there is a whole lot more to this whole barn burning than a simple lantern of contrivance. Who wants to bet that Paula Marshall killed her husband?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Poor Walker is just trying so hard to keep the peace, but everyone else is constantly trying to start stuff and drag him into it. Not only is he stuck in the middle between Trey and Micki but his family and the Davidson's just keep trying to throw punches at each other. He spends a whole season getting lectured by everyone about keeping cool, but now that he is everyone else is hot under the collar. I am sure that we will find out that there is more to the fire then we know, I cant imagine that it was young Walker's fault but I can picture something else sinister happening. 

Glad that Walker has already seen the camera but hasn't given it away yet. Dan the husband is a serious weirdo, he's the most obsessive about keeping this feud going and he wasn't even there when any of this happened, and never even knew the dad who died! And now he's even spying on the Walkers like a supervillain, I am sure this will look really good for his wife, the DA, when it all comes out. DA's crazy husband spies on neighboring family over incident that happened decades ago, including underage teenagers, with surveillance equipment set up by criminal syndicate. Liam might be getting that job after all...

Hold on...what if a younger Dan set the fire? 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/15/2021 at 6:14 PM, ZeeEnnui said:

The character of Dan is really, really weird honestly. He's only recently married to Denise of the Burning Barn of Walker's Nightmares in which her father died. I think when we first met his character, DA Denise mentioned that he had no family of his own, and I get that someone like that would feel strongly about being welcomed into viper's nest of Davidson's, but (and there is a huge BUT) his reaction to a twenty-year-old feud that had nothing to do with him is straight out of crazy town. Dude, you weren't there (unless in a shocking plot twist he was....which makes no sense but you never know). Honestly, if I were dating or married to someone who was that angry about something that didn't happen to them, they'd get ghosted really fast. It's also really bizarre that he spends more time with his MIL than his wife. Like, if they were having an insane soapy affair where Paula Marshall was feeding him poisoned chili pillow talk about the mean old Walker's, then I might actually believe it. DA Denise, open your eyes - your husband is just not that into you, but he's really into your mom. 

BTW I agree with another poster that there is a whole lot more to this whole barn burning than a simple lantern of contrivance. Who wants to bet that Paula Marshall killed her husband?

SO SO weird. But I like where you're going with the 'poisoned chili pillow talk' affair, that could actually be interesting. Unlike this current iteration of Romeo [insert last name of your choosing] and Juliet Walker. Snooze city. 

I guess we've done away with the case of the week format then? 

• Love 1
On 11/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, thuganomics85 said:

They really needed an unbiased judge who was connected or at least related to any of the contenders.

Yeah, the Walkers shouldn't have been able to enter.

On 11/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, thuganomics85 said:

till think there is more the barn burning despite Walker's guilt.  I can see him bringing the lantern into the barn like he says, but instead of it falling over or something, someone actually knocked it over when he was away.

Like Liam?

• Love 1