Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

AnimeMania

S01.E04: Just Let Go

Recommended Posts

Jake's bond with Devon intensifies as he teams up with an unlikely ally to outwit Chucky.
Original Airdate: Nov 2, 2021 at 10:00PM on USA/SYFY

NUP_195881_00006.jpg?w=1000&ssl=1NUP_195890_00004.jpgNUP_195890_00002.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

That might have been Chucky’s most brutal kill yet. And his most hideous look yet. I shouldn’t have laughed at him flipping off Jake at the end but I did.

Teen Charles was so creepy!!!

So now Lexy and Devon know Chucky is alive. Say what you want about Lexy, but a common enemy unites.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good episode but my only nitpicks were:

There's no way Jake and Lexy would be alllowed back in that house. It would've been crawling with cops and firemen.

Also really Dectective Evans? You're gonna interrogate a minor without his guardians or a lawyer present? Also good luck on your case now since Jake was with you when Chucky killed the guy in the hospital (just saying, Chuck's got awesome aim with sharp objects!! Right in the spine!! OUCH!)

The more we learn about Charles when he was alive the creepier it gets.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Could Junior have been any less enthusiastic when he told his father how much me loved cross country? He might as well been talking about his love for broccoli.

Lexy and Jake actually did make an interesting pair.  I did like them talking things out a bit in Lexy’s burnt out house. “Yeah I am a bully and an asshole but you sent a possessed doll to kill me!”    

And Detectivr Evans questioning Jake without an adult present was ill advised even under the best circumstances.   

Jake and Devon continue to be adorable.

its been awhile since i've seen the original  Child’s play so I didn’t catch who “Eddie Capputo” was.  Looked it up and for those who don’t know he grows up to be Charles’s partner and they get caught and he panics and runs off forcing Charles to  transfers his soul into a Good Guy doll for the first time.  
 

Jake is less becoming Eddie and more becoming Andy.  The original kid who owned the doll in that movie and life was forever altered by it.    

 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

 

its been awhile since ive seen the original  Child’s play so I didn’t catch who “Eddie Capputo” was.  Looked it up and for those who don’t know he grows up to be Charles’s partner and the get caught and he panics and runs off forcing Charles to  transfers his soul into a Good Guy doll for the first time.  

And Chucky got Andy to take him to Eddie’s hangout where he proceeded to blow him up. I must admit I wasn’t expecting him to show up in flashbacks.

Speaking of Andy, he can’t come soon enough because all the other adults on this show are either awful or useless and that fistfight at the hospital really made that clear. Even Devon’s mom sucks, engaging in improper interrogation conduct just to get a confession from Jake.

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Lexy and Jake actually did make an interesting pair.  I did like them talking things out a bit in Lexy’s burnt out house. “Yeah I am a bully and an asshole but you sent a possessed doll to kill me!”

I liked it too. And as much as I hate to “both sides” this, Lexy was right: Jake did cross a huge line, sending Chucky to kill her and putting other people at risk—he’s a freaking serial killer, there was no way he’d stop at just one. The difference between him and Andy was that Andy was a little boy who never even thought of hurting anybody and didn’t know what Chucky was until it was too late. Jake, on the other hand, figured it out sooner, but still him around after he murdered two people and a cat, and thus bears some culpability in Oliver’s death. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I figured they were setting up Eddie long before they did the reveal. I know they are getting to showing early Tiffany and Charles so, I figured they would with Eddie too. 

We are like half way through the season and we are still dealing with just new characters. I figured we would have had the legacy characters as well by now. I guess Jake and the team will now enlist help from those who survived Chucky. It's just taking longer than I thought.

Share this post


Link to post

While Devon's mom is one of the better parents, she sucks at her job. What was she going to do if Jake confessed, she interrogated a minor without his guardians present. Also beside his dad, she has no proof that Jake was at the other murders. His doll, yes. But not him.

Even with the murder of her partner. She took Jake from the car to a room. There was no way he could've killed him. 

Lexy being in the know is an interesting way to take it since she'll be talking to him more and that will make Junior wonder why she's suddenly being nicer to him. I did like them airing out their grievances with each other. But yeah sending a serial killer doll after her is far worse then anything she did. 

I'm also wondering when the originals will be showing up. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Could Junior have been any less enthusiastic when he told his father how much me loved cross country? He might as well been talking about his love for broccoli.

Lexy and Jake actually did make an interesting pair.  I did like them talking things out a bit in Lexy’s burnt out house. “Yeah I am a bully and an asshole but you sent a possessed doll to kill me!”    

And Detectivr Evans questioning Jake without an adult present was ill advised even under the best circumstances.   

Jake and Devon continue to be adorable.

its been awhile since i've seen the original  Child’s play so I didn’t catch who “Eddie Capputo” was.  Looked it up and for those who don’t know he grows up to be Charles’s partner and they get caught and he panics and runs off forcing Charles to  transfers his soul into a Good Guy doll for the first time.  
 

Jake is less becoming Eddie and more becoming Andy.  The original kid who owned the doll in that movie and life was forever altered by it.    

I have to agree, even though Lexy is such an extreme bitchy mean girl, what Jake did was worse. I will note that sending a serial killing demon doll is one of the few things worse than what Lexy did or has done to Jake. The interesting thing about Jake and Lexy is that those two probably have a lot more in common in their family lives than they have with other kids. Another I like is because Jake is gay, Lexy's beauty has no effect on him, which makes me wonder if that is her resentment of Jake is that she can't get him under her thumb.

It did seem Jake was horrified at the aftermath of letting Chucky loose. I tend to be forgiving of teenagers, even when they do stupid shit that leads to deadly consequences, because they never think 5 minutes into the future, so I think he has had a bucket of cold water dumped onto his revenge fantasies. Since Jake is a stand in for Don Mancini, I doubt Jake's emotional journey will lead to him to becoming a serial killer or even a killer like Chucky. 

I also think it is smart to wait to bring on the original characters, so the show can stand on it own. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm also wondering when the originals will be showing up. 

Since Tiffany and Nica were in the promo for next week’s episode, I don’t think we’ll have to wait much longer.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/3/2021 at 9:15 AM, Spartan Girl said:

And Chucky got Andy to take him to Eddie’s hangout where he proceeded to blow him up. I must admit I wasn’t expecting him to show up in flashbacks.

Speaking of Andy, he can’t come soon enough because all the other adults on this show are either awful or useless and that fistfight at the hospital really made that clear. Even Devon’s mom sucks, engaging in improper interrogation conduct just to get a confession from Jake.

I liked it too. And as much as I hate to “both sides” this, Lexy was right: Jake did cross a huge line, sending Chucky to kill her and putting other people at risk—he’s a freaking serial killer, there was no way he’d stop at just one. The difference between him and Andy was that Andy was a little boy who never even thought of hurting anybody and didn’t know what Chucky was until it was too late. Jake, on the other hand, figured it out sooner, but still him around after he murdered two people and a cat, and thus bears some culpability in Oliver’s death. 

And like Jake pointed out Lexys a fucking horrid biotch that loves to make people miserable. She couldn't even process why he would get driven to the point of wanting to kill her until he spelled it out for her 

22 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I figured they were setting up Eddie long before they did the reveal. I know they are getting to showing early Tiffany and Charles so, I figured they would with Eddie too. 

We are like half way through the season and we are still dealing with just new characters. I figured we would have had the legacy characters as well by now. I guess Jake and the team will now enlist help from those who survived Chucky. It's just taking longer than I thought.

Andy, Kyle, Tiffany and Nica start appearing next week!

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Since Tiffany and Nica were in the promo for next week’s episode, I don’t think we’ll have to wait much longer.

I didn't see the promo, that's good to know. It's just funny that they had Jennifer Tilly at NYCC promoting the show and its been 4 episodes and she hasn't appeared yet. But it does make more sense that she was pretending to be mad at Don Mancini, thinking he only brought her back to say one line. That he then cut from the premiere. Lol

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am not sure why or how Lexy managed to change her clothes between leaving the hospital and going back to her home.

I am not sure how Lexy and her sister managed to escape the fire. I don't think they showed that on camera.

How did Charles Lee Ray manage to carry that body that long distance.

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

The more we learn about Charles when he was alive the creepier it gets.

I love the little kid playing young Charles. His interviews make him seem really happy to play this character and is a little creepy in itself.

Quote

I am not sure why or how Lexy managed to change her clothes between leaving the hospital and going back to her home.

Wasn't feeling well yesterday when I saw this and that's what I thought, but couldn't be 100% sure. Yes, & how DID she and Caroline get out of the fire!?!? That was a raging inferno in Lexy's bordello-red bedroom.

Also, sorry to see Oliver killed.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/8/2021 at 8:45 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Hot take: I think that Junior is the one that will be either corrupted by Chucky or possessed by him. 

Don't remember the source but there is a article about the show where they agree with you. I've also seen someone on FB speculate that Chucky Possessed Lexy

Can Chucky kill Lexys mom please lol? Currently watching the current episode and after this so far and in the series so far we can see where Lexy gets her horrid vile 'tude from

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is such a fun show. I was never crazy about the movies, but I'm loving the series. 

Chucky giving the kids the finger at the end of the episode made me laugh out loud. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size