Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: When You’re a Hammer Everything’s a Nail

DanaK
  • Start Topic

10/27/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Stevie's personal and professional worlds collide when her mother becomes her patient. Dylan's history with the father of a patient interferes with his perception of a case. Crockett's allegiances are challenged when his patient's liver is a potential match for one of Dr. Blake's patients. 

I didn’t know there was such a thing as Late Onset Tay-Sachs (only knew of the awful infant onset TS) so I googled it. It’s very rare but real. The family however didn’t look to be of Ashkenazi Jewish, French-Canadian, or Cajun descent. That young girl’s red hair was gorgeous. 
I hope Choi’s return next week doesn’t mean Steven Weber is leaving. Archer is a great character.

• Love 3

Dr. Scott is likeable even when he's wrong lol. I like that even though he suspected the father he wasn't obnoxious and over the top about it. And he was willing to listen to what Maggie was saying. When I think about the egomaniacal characters on this show like Will, Natalie, and April this is a nice change of pace. 

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, mommalib said:

Dr. Scott is likeable even when he's wrong lol. I like that even though he suspected the father he wasn't obnoxious and over the top about it. And he was willing to listen to what Maggie was saying. When I think about the egomaniacal characters on this show like Will, Natalie, and April this is a nice change of pace. 

It was so refreshing!  I did not miss the histrionics we would normally get from Halstead and Natalie in these situations! 

Stevie is very tricksy with her mother.  Her mom will not be happy if she finds out Stevie had her van towed.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, izabella said:

Stevie is very tricksy with her mother.  Her mom will not be happy if she finds out Stevie had her van towed.

It was a little disturbing that she comforted her about something she was responsible for.  Her mother is allowed to make choices she disagrees with.  This show has to have a crusader that's borderline whacko and I think this is where her character is going.  At the very least, she's overcontrolling and arrogant.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

It was a little disturbing that she comforted her about something she was responsible for.  Her mother is allowed to make choices she disagrees with.  This show has to have a crusader that's borderline whacko and I think this is where her character is going.  At the very least, she's overcontrolling and arrogant.

I don’t think Stevie is a whacko. She is just about at her breaking point, IMO. Of course Stevie’s mother is allowed to make choices she disagrees with, but it is her mother after all. Hard to let go.

• Love 7

I wonder if Stevie’s mother is really competent to make decisions.  It seems that she suffers from self neglect.  Sometimes that could require an appointment for a Guardian.  But, it would be very difficult to control the woman and they still couldn’t force her to take medication, if she refused.  So, there’s not much of a point to get control over her.   I wonder if the woman will survive or just disappear into the night.  

15 hours ago, candall said:

I'm not missing Natalie in her role as "the immoveable object," but yikes, Will's big storyline these days as an undercover agent is a snoozer.

totally agree. Also, this is the 2nd time they've made him go undercover--the previous was with the FBI

I wish they would just give Halsted medical storylines for a while.

• Love 4