Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Cliffhanger

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Overall it was a fun season, though still frustrating like last season that the bad guy almost always got away with everything and the Locke's plans never worked... until the very last plan.... I'm glad to see the last of dodge and gabe, a new bad guy for next time will change things up a bit (assuming there is another season- i'm not up on the news if this was already picked up) and gabe was getting on my nerves.    Still frustrated that they killed off Jackie, at least last season with Ellie we knew there was a chance she'd be back. 

I'm glad Lucas was able to come back kind of and at least give the kids back some of the keys.... they are really good at losing them... But it would make things too easy if they hung on to things like the anywhere key. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with mom being able to remember/understand magic. It was sad that she was feeling so isolated and crazy due to the adult forgetting deal. 

Overall, I enjoyed the season, but probably watched it way too fast.

• Love 2

S3 was already filmed back to back with S2 so it's a go. 

That being said I will probably skip S3 as sadly I don't actually care about the Locke family enough which is a problem.  They can be honesty boring at times. Yes stupid as well.  Franky the demon stuff was more interesting to me. I almost wish Kinsey had joined Gabe so something shocking would happen. For a show about magic and demons they play things too safe.  I don't agree with those who complain the show is very CW but it could be better. 

I'm sorry Jackie died but her and Tyler were boring as a couple. I don't like Scot and Kinsey together either. Bode is probably the smartest member of the family. While the stuff with Gabe/Dodge could not go on forever because you do need to show new Villians it means we lost Griffin Gluck and he was one of the better things about the season.

Ellie reuniting with Rufus was sweet. Lucas is back but what the hell is he going to do? Live with Ellie? We didn't see him at all after he hugged her. I am glad Duncan got his memories back it was sad all the time when he kept saying I don't really remember. I like a few things about this show but at the end of the day not enough. I gave it 2 seasons but this show just isn't for me.

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Love 2

The last half of this episode was rather anti-climatic. And no, it wasn't Kinsey who saved the day, she almost got killed and would have if Tyler hadn't snuck up behind Dodge and keyed her. Furthermore I wouldn't have set foot in that cliff house even if I were a suicidal demon. Who the hell builds a house that's already hanging half off of a cliff like that?

Plot devices are really the weakness of this show, especially when Duncan had the power to take down Gabe in the palm of his hand, literally, and instead just gave him exactly what he wanted. That was just unbelievably stupid and hard to move past. Also, how did the kids know that Eden had the anywhere key? Just because they got a bunch of them back from Gabe doesn't mean she must have had that one, necessarily. 

The show overall is nice in concept but frustrating for how poorly the Locke kids handle the situation in almost every case. 

I wonder if Tyler will even appear next season, since this one ended with him driving off into the sunset and refusing to use the memory key on himself. Like I said after the first episode, Connor Jessup is just getting too old for parts like this.

If we're thinking about other possible solutions, does anybody remember the Buffy episode Fear Itself? The solution from that episode could have worked in the episode with the Small World key if they had just picked up Dodge and Eden out of the dollhouse so that they'd be tiny in the real world.

• Love 1

While the episode (and show) have many faults, especially the Idiot Ball being passed around constantly, I’ll give it credit for having an episode called “Cliffhanger” that while a literal cliffhanger was not actually a cliffhanger. Non-sarcastic kudos for the troll/pun.

Edited by QuantumMechanic

The thing that doesn't make sense about Tyler and Jackie choosing not to remember magic is that they are not, in fact, choosing to live a "normal" life. They are only choosing to be oblivious to dangers all around them. If they move away from Matheson forever and never come back then maybe they're safe. Otherwise, they are putting themselves in harm's way in a town where demons and ghosts are running rampant, and relying on a bunch of reckless kids to keep them safe. 

Also, why is the memory key inserted into the chest? As far as I know, memories are not stored in your chest. 

• Love 1

Just binged all 20 episodes this week. It got increasingly boring as S2 went on, and I stopped caring about the family. But like the sucker I am, I'll probably keep going until the story ends--which hopefully it will with S3. This just isn't a story that needs to go on for 6 or 7 years. I'll say one thing, it looks really good in 4k and Dolby Vision HDR.

This season, like last season, was messy and flawed, but I still had fun watching it. The kids still make dumb choices, some of which I can let do because they're kids, and some did get rather frustrating. For example, do you know who could answer some of those key questions? Your ghostly ancestor who lives in your yard you can talk to using the ghost key! I always wish that this show was a bit better, like the books its based off of. I decided to check the books out after watching the first season, and they're really good. Different then the show, some of the changes work and some don't, but I like them both as their own things. 

I am really glad they gave Duncan more to go this season, Aaron Ashmore is always is always great. Sucks about Jackie died, but I guess one of the teens had to, at least things have gone better for them then the last key masters. I know the Locke's are the key masters going back to the colonial era, but maybe they should rethink how they go about taking care of their keys. They're pretty bad at it. 

• Love 1

As other have said, I feel the stupidity of the kids was ratcheted up significantly to the point I was actually rooting for Dodge and Eden. I thought things were taking a turn for the better when Kinsey stole the crown, but then she got cocky and came back and got captured. Sigh....... Also, blowing off Eden as no threat was completely boneheaded as well. She isn't Eden you dumbasses, she is a freaking demon!

And yes, that ending looks like Tyler is not coming back, but he has to finish high school doesn't he? His mom said he's just doing a road trip during winter break. Where I live, winter break lasts 2 or 3 weeks at most, but they were crying and hugging him like they will never see him again. It just made no sense.

I will keep watching because, well, I have no idea why. I don't particularly like any of the Lockes. This show has made them just too idiotic. But I guess I like the idea of the show more than the execution, and I want to see what happens with the new bad guy.

• Love 1