Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: They Would Bloom and Welcome You

• Start Topic

RA's family definitely finally told him all the necessary things. I can't believe he was trying to throw it back on them. They made him feel like he wasn't a man, "pride" was the only thing he had left? Well, how'd that work out for him?

I guess I hadn't caught last episode that Charley might run in CA, that seems to defeat some of the purpose, doesn't it?

• Love 6

I love ambitious Charley. Fuck them up, Charley.

3 hours ago, gesundheit said:

RA's family definitely finally told him all the necessary things. I can't believe he was trying to throw it back on them. They made him feel like he wasn't a man, "pride" was the only thing he had left? Well, how'd that work out for him?

It is SO STUPID. All he had to do is take the FREE MONEY HIS WIFE FOUND or whatever his wealthy sister would have given him (and I bet she would have given it, not loaned it, and he didn’t seem to mind taking his sister’s money when he was asking her if she had “the best lawyer”) and the family would still have the land. This is all his fault.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I love ambitious Charley. Fuck them up, Charley.

It is SO STUPID. All he had to do is take the FREE MONEY HIS WIFE FOUND or whatever his wealthy sister would have given him (and I bet she would have given it, not loaned it, and he didn’t seem to mind taking his sister’s money when he was asking her if she had “the best lawyer”) and the family would still have the land. This is all his fault.

Yes! Boss Charley is my favorite.

As for RA, he earned that dress down from Hollywood. I also rolled my eyes when he went to the police station in the beginning of the episode and said "I can't go back inside." Oh, so NOW you're scared to go back to prison. Now you start thinking about what you have to lose. I don't even want to hear the bullshit about not feeling like a man. Sir, you had several options to avoid losing the farm. But he'd rather risk jail than accept money from his wife or ask his family. RA's stupidity is offensive.

As much as I enjoy this show, there's little things that annoy me about it. I found it hard to believe that no one knew about Nova's arrest and the cops flipping her house. Nova is a local celebrity, a NYTimes bestselling author, and her sister is on the city council. Her arrest should've made the local news. Instead it isn't even a blip on the radar.

Back to RA's silliness. What kind of Black man shows up to a police station with no lawyer? He should've called Charley immediately so they could've strategized. And why were RA, Charley, and Darla discussing the crime at the police station? I can't.

Micah's professor is so gross.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 10

RA was the fool, he wanted control of the farm with his special will and now look. He lost it all because he couldn't take the money from Darla or ask Charlie. He should go back to jail, he did it like Hollywood said. 

Nova stole money from Charlie to pay a strangers bail, yet RA couldn't ask for help? Nova owed him after all her book did.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7
On 10/27/2021 at 10:13 PM, Artsda said:

RA was the fool, he wanted control of the farm with his special will and now look. He lost it all because he couldn't take the money from Darla or ask Charlie. He should go back to jail, he did it like Hollywood said. 

Nova stole money from Charlie to pay a strangers bail, yet RA couldn't ask for help? Nova owed him after all her book did.

Oh I am just tired of Ralph Angel being this show's Job.  Honestly,  why do they have to have him be the poster boy for idiot decisions and hard luck.

Edited by jrzy
  • Love 6

I don't know why I was surprised to learn the Landrys put Prison Bae Theo on RA. But wow. Evil has no bounds.

Hollywood out here trying to be a street lawyer in front of Sam Landry, lol.

Geez, RA, maybe you should've been worrying about the family legacy when you decided to steal from the Landrys instead of asking your family for help. The farm was their legacy too.

Nice to see Prosper and Billie doing well now. Better late than never.

Wonder if the USDA lawsuit is going to come through at the last minute to save the farm? Or if RA will just burn the whole thing down for spite?

Micah's professor is so gross.

And so blatant too. It's odd no one has reported her to the administration. This can't be the first time she's gone after a student inappropriately.

• Love 4

I feel everyone's disgust with RA.  He makes bad decision after bad decision and yet he gets a pass because he's a man, he's got his pride.  I was glad Hollywood told him off.  I wish it had gone on longer.  He had so many options and chose to steal. What a fool.  I don't care if he's "trying" to be a better man.  So far, he's not exactly doing a great job of it. 

When you think of all of the folks who had no options during the pandemic, it is that much more infuriating.  The farm is his family's legacy.  Their mother is buried there.  It was foolish of their father to leave it to RA in the first place, assuming all he needed was responsibility to make him step up.  He did but then he kept making foolish choices. 

And yes, Micah's professor is much too creepy and blatant.  She is preying on students.  Regardless of gender, this is not okay.  

I do hope there is some way they get the farm back.  However, if they do, I also want them to not leave RA solely in charge. He has shown again and again that he cannot handle it. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What's the deal with the guys walking past Micha and giving the wtf stare when they see him hugging his friend? It's happened more than once.  What am I missing? 

Somebody made a comment about Micah and Isaiah and Brokeback Mountain last episode. I’m not sure if Isaiah is out (even Micah told Charley he wasn’t sure what Isaiah’s sexuality is) but I think the point of that scene was that there may be rumors about them and Micah doesn’t care. He made a point of changing the hug from a typical “bro hug” to a full embrace.

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I do hope there is some way they get the farm back.

I wondered about this - it’s blackmail, maybe they could fight it? - but it does seem like Landry has RA jammed up. It’s not like he’s lying about what RA did; RA is on camera stealing.

If they do get the land back, I agree. RA isn’t to be trusted.

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

And yes, Micah's professor is much too creepy and blatant.  She is preying on students.  Regardless of gender, this is not okay.  

It’s fucking gross. Get on Tinder, lady, goddamn. Hell - she could even set her filter for young men if that’s what she likes, but she’s got to stop fucking her students.

• Love 7

As per usual, Hollywood is the only person talking any sense, RA can whine and cry about how he was hurting because the farm was struggling and how his male pride was hurt or how mean Sam Landry is behind all of this all he wants, but at the end of the day, he DID do it, he DID break the law knowing what the consequences could be, this is all on him. What an absolute dumbass, knowing that Sam was pulling the strings just makes it even more embarrassing for RA, he got played like a fiddle because Sam knew he would rather risk going back to jail over asking any of his relatives for help or taking the free money his wife was handing him. Even now everyone is walking on eggshells around him, no one except for Hollywood is willing to call him out on being a selfish idiot, even Darla had to hide her anger at him to protect his fragile male ego. Now they are losing their family farm all because of RA's stupid bullshit. I about threw something when he was all "I cant go back" when he went to the police station, oh NOW your worried about going back to jail? Not when your sketchy friend enlisted you to do sketchy stuff instead of the billions of legit options that other desperate people would kill for were being offered? I am really struggling with feeling sorry for him, even knowing that Sam was behind all of this, this was still his own stupid fault and I am sick of everyone having to clean up his messes. 

So his ego couldn't handle asking his sister for a loan, but is totally fine with her expensive lawyer taking his case? I hope that they do get their farm back, but I hope that RA is no longer the owner, he has proven that he cant be trusted. That farm has been in their family for generations, survived decades of racism, disasters, and struggles, and RA losses it in about a year or two due to his own stupidity and ego. Daddy Bordelon made a terrible mistake giving him the farm instead of Charlie. Or Nova. Or Vi. Or Blue. 

How does no one in their family know about the cops breaking into Nova's house? Nova's decently famous for her best selling gossip rag and people all over the neighborhood were recording what was happening, how have they not heard about this?

Micah's teacher is so creepy, I hope someone reports her for inappropriate conduct. Just get on a dating site like a normal person, don't creepily use your classes as your dating pool. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8