Type keyword(s) to search

S09.03: The Steamroll Shuffle

Lassus
  • Start Topic

Tom Sandoval needs to chill out. He’s really bought into himself as a character who’s wacky and fun, but I think he’s annoying as fuck. 

Brock can be kind of entertaining to watch. Too bad he’s a deadbeat dad. I guess we don’t know the full story tho who knows.

Raquel can shut up. Who cares about her proposal. Her and James are not entertaining to watch.

I never heard so much about pickle ball til I starting watching housewives and this show. It doesn’t seem that great.

What is Randall’s deal with Schwartz? I know Schwartz is kind of an idiot who just sits back but why does Randall care so much.

Brock’s other daughter is named Winter? And he named his new daughter Summer? Yikes. That’s pretty bad lol.

They should’ve ended this show last year.

• Love 10

Oh Raquel. That was so sad. James was so good IMO. 
HOLD  UP. FOUR YEARS?! Excuse you Scheaner, your man is a chump. Randall’s expression was everything.

Listen, if I’m gonna ever plan a party, I would love Tom over the top Sandoval to help. He is annoying but my god he’s over the top AND organized. Good on you James.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 4

I still cannot figure out Raquel but I thought the proposal was amazing as anything I have ever seen. Good work whoever organized it. 

I know Sandoval is supposed to be the planner supreme, and I am sure he had a heavy hand, but you know this is a TV show and there is production and plenty of people who have a job to make this show watchable.

I have to say though, that I watched occasionally over the years and thought it was too over the top dramatic and warped. ( I am old. yes). I have started watching a bit more faithfully this season. Clearly I am not their demographic but then again, the cast is most definitely a lot older and now diaper and swaddling issues are being discussed so who knows anymore.

• Love 2

OK, well, despite my general hating so far and my whining above, this was still a more interesting episode than the last two.  

Raquel is annoying in a lot of ways, but unlike everyone else's weepiness, I actually believed her crying and emotion.  And, guess what, that's what happens when you spend so much time with people calling you stupid.  James WAS incredibly understanding and supportive in this case, but it was the weekend of the proposal.  I have to admit that James is pretty much irredeemable in my eyes at this point.  He has been such a dick and such a liar to so many people so often that cooing over his GF the day before he's asking her to marry him is not particularly convincing to me.  I'm sure he believes it and meant it and it was obviously supportive and helpful.... but I'm also sure whatever future abuse he ends up heaping on her he'll mean as well.

Katie, jesus holy christ, I don't follow tweets, but is she responding to these episodes in real time?  Is she blaming the edit?  She has been a parody stereotype of a shrewish harpy this whole season, egads.  It is painful to watch her and Schwartz together, and I don't need to know about their idiot joyless sex life next week either. 

Lala - also irredeemable to me, for what it's worth - has a ton of nerve telling anyone anything about proper behavior.  Tell us about your night nurse and staff comforting your crying baby at night so you can sleep, you awful, miserable human being.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Wow.  Even  with two threads open.  Three comments 9 hours after the episode airs.   

I checked earlier this morning and there was nothing. Taking into account time zone difference, nobody seemed to care to post until recently.

I’ve not watched the ep yet, but I’m getting the inpression that this show swirls the drain faster and faster with each passing week…

EDIT — wasn’t paying close attention to the ep titles…I meant to say that so far there have been no posts in the thread for last night’s ep….

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

1 hour ago, Lassus said:

OK, well, despite my general hating so far and my whining above, this was still a more interesting episode than the last two.  

Raquel is annoying in a lot of ways, but unlike everyone else's weepiness, I actually believed her crying and emotion.  And, guess what, that's what happens when you spend so much time with people calling you stupid.  James WAS incredibly understanding and supportive in this case, but it was the weekend of the proposal.  I have to admit that James is pretty much irredeemable in my eyes at this point.  He has been such a dick and such a liar to so many people so often that cooing over his GF the day before he's asking her to marry him is not particularly convincing to me.  I'm sure he believes it and meant it and it was obviously supportive and helpful.... but I'm also sure whatever future abuse he ends up heaping on her he'll mean as well.

Katie, jesus holy christ, I don't follow tweets, but is she responding to these episodes in real time?  Is she blaming the edit?  She has been a parody stereotype of a shrewish harpy this whole season, egads.  It is painful to watch her and Schwartz together, and I don't need to know about their idiot joyless sex life next week either. 

Lala - also irredeemable to me, for what it's worth - has a ton of nerve telling anyone anything about proper behavior.  Tell us about your night nurse and staff comforting your crying baby at night so you can sleep, you awful, miserable human being.

Lala has always been this way — look in the mirror, dear, when you want to school someone else on proper behavior. The double standard LVP has always had between her and everyone else who has acted up at SUR is mind-boggling. 

Her relationship with Randall is gross, too.

All these women on all these shows have really no clue what it’s like to take care of babies or small children. They’re accessories.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Onvious posting screwup.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’ve not watched the ep yet, but I’m getting the inpression that this show swirls the drain faster and faster with each passing week…

Yeah, I'm afraid DVR deletion is imminent.  Nothing likeable about any of them anymore.  

Sandoval used to be fun, at least.  Now he's just another full of himself asshole.

BTW - do we know if that "new" bar of theirs is even in "design and construction" at all?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

I have to admit that James is pretty much irredeemable in my eyes at this point.  He has been such a dick and such a liar to so many people so often that cooing over his GF the day before he's asking her to marry him is not particularly convincing to me.  I'm sure he believes it and meant it and it was obviously supportive and helpful.... but I'm also sure whatever future abuse he ends up heaping on her he'll mean as well.

Scheana was on WWHL and she intimated that James reverts to his more normal horrible-ness as the season goes on. I can't remember the question asked, but it was about James/Raquel and Scheana paused a very long time and couldn't bring herself to say anything good. Just mentioned the rest of the season. 

I know that Katie's affect makes it hard to root for her but she's generally right when she's talking to Schwartz. He does just go along with Sandoval and allow him to steamroll him. And when it comes to a business that not only has your name but your money? Not a good idea.  When Ariana does things to support Sandoval and urge him in a direction, she's seen as "defending her man", same goes for Lala, etc. But when Katie does so, she gets dragged by everyone and takes terrible abuse from Sandoval (which seems to be happening again in next week's episode).

I'm likely at a table for one here in that I like Katie - though admittedly my liking for her is colored by my loathing for Sandoval and Schwartz. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
53 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

All these women on all these shows have really no clue what it’s like to take care of babies or small children. They’re accessories.

Oh, I dunno.  I've never had much love for Scheana, but she seems no less qualified than anyone else, and genuinely engaged.

2 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

When Ariana does things to support Sandoval and urge him in a direction, she's seen as "defending her man"

"Things" is a bit too general here, though, because I'm not sure that the "things" that Ariana does are insult and belittle her partner both to his face and in the talking heads.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Lassus said:

"Things" is a bit too general here, though, because I'm not sure that the "things" that Ariana does are insult and belittle her partner both to his face and in the talking heads.

Fair point. I do think that the way in which Katie/Schwartz interact as a couple vs the way in which Ariana/Sandoval do is completely different. Certainly I wouldn't want K/S's relationship but it seems to be what they want? I get the irritation people have with Katie, but I think it's disproportionate to the heat that Schwartz gets for the same behaviors, and often he gets pretty vicious. And that imbalance is what puts me more in her corner.

• Love 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Certainly I wouldn't want K/S's relationship but it seems to be what they want? I get the irritation people have with Katie, but I think it's disproportionate to the heat that Schwartz gets for the same behaviors, and often he gets pretty vicious. And that imbalance is what puts me more in her corner.

I think I would have a really hard time comparing Katie and Tom on the same metric, but I'm certainly with you on your opinion of the latter.  Tom Schwartz is a complete dimwit and - while not actively EVIL like some of the rest of the cast - is a real bottom-of-the-barrel draw for this show.  He's just embarrassing to watch.  I guess I find myself saying that more forgivable than Katie saying it, though.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 2

I thought Scheana's digs at LaLa were rather unnecessary, especially the bit about her having a price. And girl, you probably couldn't afford baby nurses even if you wanted them. Changing diapers is one of the perks of having a baby nurse. LaLa and Randall's facial expressions when they heard that Brock hasn't seen his children in four years were everything.

Brock is kind of gross and that hair and shiny suit need to go. Also his attitude toward Scheanna's mum is rude. She is not your employee. Does he even have a job? Google tells me he owned two gyms that closed due to covid lockdown and he's a fitness influencer.

And if the mother didn't want to do the early feed on her birthday she should have refused to do so.

I used to have a soft spot for Schwartz but he's just too pathetic now. Still don't like Katie, though.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

Fair point. I do think that the way in which Katie/Schwartz interact as a couple vs the way in which Ariana/Sandoval do is completely different. Certainly I wouldn't want K/S's relationship but it seems to be what they want? I get the irritation people have with Katie, but I think it's disproportionate to the heat that Schwartz gets for the same behaviors, and often he gets pretty vicious. And that imbalance is what puts me more in her corner.

The Katie I saw in the first season (or even the second) is definitely not the Katie we see now, but at the same time, I can see how being with Schwartz can make a woman so frustrated and angry, that she lashes out at people.  This is not me defending Katie, but you're right, she gets more shit than Schwartz does, and that's bullshit.  Schwartz is a really shitty person and definitely a shitty husband.  He never takes Katie's side and never stands up for her.  What kind of a man does that?  What kind of a HUSBAND does that??!!  For him, it's never 'Katie and me',  but "Just Me... and sometimes Sandoval."

My husband and I have always done our own separate thing, but if a mutual friend was getting married and only one of us was invited, the other one wouldn't go, especially if they made a point of not inviting the other person.  Like Schwartz having no problem or even feeling conflicted in any way when Scheana and Mike invited only him to Miami, but not Katie.  He didn't even pause and wonder if that was... wrong???  And thinking that it was okay for just HIM to sit in first class when they went to Mexico.  Bitch, are you high??  He is SUCH a coward.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

Schwartz is a really shitty person and definitely a shitty husband.  He never takes Katie's side and never stands up for her.  What kind of a man does that?  What kind of a HUSBAND does that??!!  For him, it's never 'Katie and me',  but "Just Me... and sometimes Sandoval."

Yes exactly. He not only doesn't take her side, but actively tears her down when with the others. I think of that party a couple years ago where she was not cool with having the fake cops arrest ??Lala's husband?? and he was extremely nasty to and about her to the others. And while she does support him in his endeavors and tries to fight for his interests when he won't fight for them himself, you're right, he never, never, never has her back. It's Schwartz and Sandoval with Ariana allowed in their club some of the time, and Katie barely tolerated.

Getting away from Katie for a moment - I do have to give a shout out to the editors and the way they filmed Charli having the conversation in bed with her mannequin head! Turns out she was on the phone I think, but for about 30 seconds it really appeared that she was updating the Eyebrows Head (it has a name that I cannot remember) on all the goings on and how she was just so exhausted from having to explain her pasta panic again. Made me laugh out loud.

I also appreciated just how little there was of Charli in the episode overall. Like was she even at pickle ball? Or did they show her getting up later? And when they were playing the Jenga? Didn't seem like she was there either? 

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Lassus said:

James is not a good person, generally, but on the whole, I think he has treated Raquel decently. (I mean, I can't remember everything about their relationship and I am not saying he has always been nice. But he treats her better than anyone else in his life - I realize that is a low bar). And I think he handled that situation as well as could be expected. 

I am not sure what to make of Brock. I don't like the way he treats Scheana's mother and I particularly don't like him saying that she has an "employer/employee relationship" to them or whatever he said. But if his ex-wife is preventing him or his family from seeing his kids, I am not sure how much he can be judged on that. I guess I would like to hear the ex's side of the story before passing judgment on either.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Lassus said:

I think I would have a really hard time comparing Katie and Tom on the same metric, but I'm certainly with you on your opinion of the latter.  Tom Schwartz is a complete dimwit and - while not actively EVIL like some of the rest of the cast - is a real bottom-of-the-barrel draw for this show.  He's just embarrassing to watch.  I guess I find myself saying that more forgivable than Katie saying it, though.

Schwartz would be cute — if he were an early adolescent. His constant wide-eyed, gee-golly-whiz demeanor wore off on me seasons ago. He’s Sandoval’s pet mascot. Nothing more. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Marley said:

Brock was being a dbag about Scheanas mom and the baby but her mom was also being super passive aggressive. I can only imagine how it is to live with Scheana and her mom - eek!

Brock and Scheana’s relationship is already so bad, after only two years. Neither one seems to be making any effort for either Scheana or the baby.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Lassus said:

Oh, I dunno.  I've never had much love for Scheana, but she seems no less qualified than anyone else, and genuinely engaged.

I would’ve never believed it, but I think Scheana is the best mother out of all of the VP mothers, including Stassi and Brittany.  I truly don’t think that Scheana has a baby nanny/nurse.  I’m sure she has sitters, but I think the sitters may be family members.

• Love 7