Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Never Let You Go

• Start Topic

Air date: 10/11/2021
Streaming date: 10/12/2021

IMDb and The CW:

The ultimate showdown with Jones is finally here and Liz must trust herself if she is going to the save the man she loves.

--although TitanTV.com has:

The ultimate showdown with Jones is finally here and Liz must trust herself if she is going to the save the man she loves most.

Heh: "...the man she loves most."
So I'm not the only one who kept thinking throughout the episode: Didn't we see Liz "with" Heath? and Kyle too???

Bygones.

What I really wanted to ask: Am I the only one who wasn't sure the surviving Max was really Max????

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Yay, Kyle being in to Iz. Boo Iz being bound up in her relationship with a side character who was introduced as one night stand for with her brother.   Since they've gone and made Izzy happy, it makes me feel bad for wanting her to breakup with someone she's apparently really enjoying being with. 

In other Izzy news, I love that this season really built up her relationship with Maria.  Still wish maria was more integrated over all and I hate that her relationship with Liz is barely referenced. But Izzy and Maria are fun.

Is Rosa being written out?  She wants to go to art school and she's traveling now.  She finally has a place in Pod Squad. I'd like that to remain a thing. 

Turns out I can sort of like Alex with Michael when they are being a couple and not all angsty. Still not super interested but I'm no longer actively annoyed by them

So.. Max isn't dying anymore, right?  We're done with that?  

And, finally, I still haven't processed the last 15 seconds of the episode. All I know is they got me. I'm 100% in for Season 4.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

Who was the woman in the bar that said Liz was her student?  I don’t remember her or any reference to a teacher or mentor.

I don't think we know yet.  The only relevant fact about her at this point is that she is played by Shiri Appleby.

• Love 4

Yay, Shiri. Nice.

Is Tyler Blackburn not able to do group scenes or something. Like why was he so absent. Even when they were in Deep Sky he was in a room by himself and not involved in the drama with the machine he was working on all season. And he was the only one missing from the Jones showdown.

Kyle is adorable. Not here for another love triangle though.

Its cute how Maria/Isobel and Rosa are like their own triad. 

I was still waiting for it to be not Max at the end. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 5

Yes, I think that final moment was probably a bigger deal for those of us who were fans of the OG show, lol. It might have been mildly confusing for others. That said, I'm all for Shiri having a role next season. I assumed Jones' call had gone out somehow, to someone. It's somewhat curious how a professor of Liz's would have awareness of alien existence - Liz hasn't been a student since long before she reconnected with the aliens. 

Also, I'm glad I remained unspoiled for that final moment. I heard the voice and I was like "Wait a minute, that sounds like..." So that was fun, as an OG fan.

I'm sorry, I can't even bring myself to care Isobel is enjoying her thing with Anatsa. Siblings sharing sex partners is never kosher. I don't care how it ends, I don't care if it's never referenced again ala Kyle's girlfriend from last season, it just needs to end. Kyle is right there and he's an actually important character on this show - we're getting overloaded as it is, since it seems Dallas and Eduardo will remain around at least at points. 

It is nice to see Maria and Isobel getting closer.

Rosa has grown on me this season, but part of me still can't help but think it would make way more sense, and probably be better for her, if she were able to start a life outside of Roswell. Inside, there's always the chance more people could start to ask questions. 

It was nice to see the Pod Squad take a vote for once on what to do with an important alien decision (AKA what to do with Jones' body). 

It seems Max has been transferred back to his own body with his own powers, right? Thank God if that's the case. How about next season Max ISN'T in unending mortal peril. It's still lame that we found out Max can harness lightning and we've never seen him do it since.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Cristofle said:

Yes, I think that final moment was probably a bigger deal for those of us who were fans of the OG show, lol. It might have been mildly confusing for others. That said, I'm all for Shiri having a role next season. I assumed Jones' call had gone out somehow, to someone. It's somewhat curious how a professor of Liz's would have awareness of alien existence - Liz hasn't been a student since long before she reconnected with the aliens. 

Also, I'm glad I remained unspoiled for that final moment. I heard the voice and I was like "Wait a minute, that sounds like..." So that was fun, as an OG fan.

I'm sorry, I can't even bring myself to care Isobel is enjoying her thing with Anatsa. Siblings sharing sex partners is never kosher. I don't care how it ends, I don't care if it's never referenced again ala Kyle's girlfriend from last season, it just needs to end. Kyle is right there and he's an actually important character on this show - we're getting overloaded as it is, since it seems Dallas and Eduardo will remain around at least at points. 

It is nice to see Maria and Isobel getting closer.

Rosa has grown on me this season, but part of me still can't help but think it would make way more sense, and probably be better for her, if she were able to start a life outside of Roswell. Inside, there's always the chance more people could start to ask questions. 

It was nice to see the Pod Squad take a vote for once on what to do with an important alien decision (AKA what to do with Jones' body). 

It seems Max has been transferred back to his own body with his own powers, right? Thank God if that's the case. How about next season Max ISN'T in unending mortal peril. It's still lame that we found out Max can harness lightning and we've never seen him do it since.

Well if she's a teacher from Roswell she'd at least have an inkling about sky people... 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, UnoAgain said:

Well if she's a teacher from Roswell she'd at least have an inkling about sky people... 

True, I just got the impression there was more to it - the other woman specifically sought her out, as if this was some kind of particular focus of hers, not just a passing awareness. 

Is it un-PC that I was amused at Kyle's reaction to seeing Isobel and her girlfriend's relationship?

33 minutes ago, UnoAgain said:

Just now, Cristofle said:

True, I just got the impression there was more to it - the other woman specifically sought her out, as if this was some kind of particular focus of hers, not just a passing awareness. 

In "small" towns, teachers are more likely to notice if one of their students goes on to achieve academic or other acclaim, so Liz might've been on her radar for that reason. 
Or Shiri's character might have come to know about Max's origins and known that Liz and Max had a connection that was rekindled. 
Lots of possibilities. 
I am pleasantly surprised to see Shiri in this role. 

I will not be surprised if some part of Jones reappears in Max at some future point.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Is it un-PC that I was amused at Kyle's reaction to seeing Isobel and her girlfriend's relationship?

In "small" towns, teachers are more likely to notice if one of their students goes on to achieve academic or other acclaim, so Liz might've been on her radar for that reason. 
Or Shiri's character might have come to know about Max's origins and known that Liz and Max had a connection that was rekindled. 
Lots of possibilities. 
I am pleasantly surprised to see Shiri in this role. 

I will not be surprised if some part of Jones reappears in Max at some future point.

Or she could know about aliens some other way and just be super surprised that the new Alien( we thinking friend/for/ love foil?)  Was asking after a star pupil of hers

• Love 1

Really cool seeing Shiri Appleby to close the season out, having her around next season should be fun. Its probably mostly a "gasp!" moment for people who know she was on the original show, but she's a great actress even if you don't know that. I like how the season ended for the most part, it had a cliffhanger but without anyone leaving forever or in mortal danger. Except for possibly Rosa, and while I would miss her if she left I cant blame her for wanting to explore the world outside of Roswell. She did come back from the dead, she should take this chance to have have some extra fun. 

I cant lie, I squeed a bit when Kyle showed up in the bar and Isobel asked them to dance, then gave an actual groan when Isobel's girlfriend showed up. I feel bad, Isobel seems to be happy with her and she seems nice, but Kyle and Isobel are so perfect together damn it while she's just a minor character who also hooked up with Isobel's brother, which just makes it weird. They have so much chemistry, they have fun together, they support each other, bring out the best in each other, Kyle already knows she's an alien, its all right there. 

Plus Kyle is, as always, the best. Of course he gets his half sister a nice present and always has a fire extinguisher in his trunk, because he's the best. He was so cute with Isobel in the bar, so close yall. At least now we basically got confirmation that Kyle is into Isobel and that this seems to be the direction they are heading in. 

Alex and Michael are actually not horrible when they aren't drowning in angst. Still not a huge fan, but they have at least gotten better, especially now that Michael has stopped whining so much. 

I really liked the bond between Isobel and Maria that grew in the season, it was one of the seasons highlights. 

In general I thought this was a big improvement over the last season. It still had a lot of flaws, especially during the last few episodes, but it was much more fun, more interesting, and more coherent then last season by a mile. It helps a lot that the characters were mostly all interacting with each other in groups or in less used pairings, instead of all being in their own separate subplots. Most everything tied together, which was a welcome change.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, backhometome said:

Is Tyler Blackburn not able to do group scenes or something. Like why was he so absent. Even when they were in Deep Sky he was in a room by himself and not involved in the drama with the machine he was working on all season. And he was the only one missing from the Jones showdown.

Don’t mean to be mean but I’m perfectly Okay with TB being left out. Eh, I don’t know what’s happening with him, I loved T.B in Pretty Little Liars as Caleb but in this show he looks out of it.  Not sure if it’s his unenthusiasm or that his character is just written to be dull, or maybe it’s both.  Maybe character/actor mismatch 🤔. I wish he would give some energy and presence in his performance.

I used to have problems with Nathan Parson’s performance but he has greatly improved over the seasons, Michael Trevino too. So when will Tyler… Michael Vlamis is possibly the most energetic, driven, expressive performer on RNM, then you have TB/Alex as acting opposite him as love  interest, it just makes Tyler’s , Tyler’s performances looks even worse. 

Also Michael (the character) has been made so powerful now,  he is so involved in the show and has so much going on in his life. He makes interesting scenes with other multiple characters. I’m just gonna say my truth, Alex/Tyler are drag down on Michael ( both actor and character). So yes I feel happy when he isn’t as involved. 

Edited by CabotCove
  • Love 6
On 10/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, backhometome said:

Yay, Shiri. Nice

Kyle is adorable. Not here for another love triangle though.

That I will agree with you on, I don’t know what the ….the show is doing stirring up a new mess with this new love triangle. They put a same sex ship in the centre of it again, and a black woman to be potentially discarded once again. Don’t they learn…Unpopular opinion but Kyle should have continued with Steph. Attaching him to Isobel feels like a way to give him something to do. They might have some sparks but what do they really have in common. Some people may be just too different to be together. A part of me like Kybel but another part is not sure they can work or that it’s worth discarding Anatsa and a W/W ship.

On another note. Nice played show. I’m almost a foot out of this show as I  feel it  has diverged so much from the OG show (not a bad thing but as an OG fan I love connectivity) and I also feel S3 had problems not too different from season 2. Getting Shiri in the show might actually make me not leave completely. 

Edited by CabotCove
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CabotCove said:

I don’t know what the ….the show is doing stirring up a new mess with this new love triangle. They put a same sex ship in the centre of it again, and a black woman to be potentially discarded once again.

I didn't even think about that at first. Goodness gracious, that is so fucking stupid. I mean, I don't really give a shit about the reporter woman, but it's still just astonishing they're making this mistake again.

But still, if the writers actually keep Isobel with the reporter lady who fucked her brother instead of Kyle then they're even worse at their job than I thought lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't even think about that at first. Goodness gracious, that is so fucking stupid. I mean, I don't really give a shit about the reporter woman, but it's still just astonishing they're making this mistake again.

But still, if the writers actually keep Isobel with the reporter lady who fucked her brother instead of Kyle then they're even worse at their job than I thought lol.

Sounds like a no-win plot WRT social consciousness--which I think a show about aliens should always consider.
Maybe reporter lady will turn out to be an alien, part-season main character who flies away in a spaceship with her soulmate. IDK. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1