Type keyword(s) to search

Can I move in? Buildings, sets and filming locations that take your breath away

• Start Topic

I haven't found a topic for this, but if it already exists, I'll be happy to have this merged.

Basically, I wanted a topic to discuss and share pictures of movie locations that we find beautiful or fascinating. It can include existing locations in nature, cities, castles, etc. that have been used as substitute for fictional locations, or sets that have been built specifically for the movie, or even cgi-created scenery.

To start, just some of my favorites:

Harry Potter:

Hogwarts, of course, is one of the places every child of certain generation wanted to visit.

prisonerofazkaban20.jpg?bwg=1547034851

Hogwarts-Christmas.jpg

hogwarts-300x163.jpg

The now famous Glenfinnan Viaduct in Scotland:

The+Jacobite+Steam+Train+passes+over+the

we stopped there on my trip to Scotland and it looks just as amazing in real life.

The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit:

maxresdefault.jpg

just an amazing, cozy place to live.

7d4f6c28eb1f570afe56c6da95ae4697.jpg

hobbittrailer02-004.jpg

And of course, no topic about filming locations could be complete without The Sound of Music:

The-Sound-of-Music-Opening-Scene-The-Hil

• Love 5
16 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love the ranch house in the original Parent Trap.

I hear that since that film was released, Disney has been inundated with requests for the blueprints for the house!  It was revealed only the exterior was built for the film and the interiors were all interior studio sets.  I wonder how many people tried to recreate them anyway?  I always liked the look of the house too!

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2021 at 5:31 PM, Shannon L. said:

It only took a couple of movies set in Montana for that to hit bucket list.  I'd really love to go horseback riding there.

I’ve always wanted to go to Montana and see the sky. 

Shots from Legends of the Fall. 

A4512FBC-E538-42D7-908D-586CDC5F083A.jpeg

77881A81-D602-4656-936A-E92578475C40.jpeg

• Love 5

I have just watched Tre nøtter til Askepott, a Norwegian remake of 1973's Three Nuts for Cinderella. I will probably provide a more detailed summary of my thoughts in another thread, once I am certain what those are, but my first thought is that the scenery was absolutely breathtaking. I believe it was shot in Norway and it was just so beautiful, the mountains, the snow, Aurora borealis. 

Now I want Disney to make a live-action version of Frozen and shoot it in Norway.

9cd98c8a-bc7a-49c8-a8ae-a37680f5998c?fit

83df1d43d81e4afe6d8b0ac8e691816ee49f78b7

e3150c0d820734378ed5c7b61ac114d9fe8c68b9

• Love 3