Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Or Maybe Just Stay There

• Start Topic

Hollywood for the win!!  Because we all knew that Celine was headed there, right? It was just a matter of when, not if. And when she crossed that line, Hollywood put her very firmly back on the other side of it. And then he told his wife about it. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Rebky said:

I generally like Vi, but I loved how Billie put her in her place - I'm glad Billie is finding her voice finally. Also kudos for apologizing to Nova.

Vi needs to be checked - she does overstep. I liked how Billie kept reiterating that she was a kid who deserved better from the adults in her life. And Vi knows Jimmy Dale abuses young women - she caught him with one when she confronted him.

They’re definitely going there with Micah and Isaiah. I liked what he said about how men tend not to be close-close. He was definitely talking to Charley about him like he was a love interest, not a friend, which Charley picked up on.

Nova waking up to cops in her house pointing guns at her was terrifying.

That man sure let Charley prattle on for a while before he told her what he wanted, huh?

I don’t feel sorry for RA. He had better, safer options he chose not to take. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Vi needs to be checked - she does overstep. I liked how Billie kept reiterating that she was a kid who deserved better from the adults in her life. And she knows Jimmy Dale abuses young women - she caught him with one when she confronted him.

They’re definitely going there with Micah and Isaiah. I liked what he said about how men tend not to be close-close. He was definitely talking to Charley about him like he was a love interest, not a friend, which Charley picked up on.

Nova waking up to cops in her house pointing guns at her was terrifying.

That man sure let Charley prattle on for a while before he told her what he wanted, huh?

I thought she was dreaming and I was upset when it became obvious it was really happening!

• Love 3

Can someone please explain to me why Nova doesn’t make a effin’ call to her sister, who would help her out in a heartbeat? Like…the neighbor literally asked her, you call your sister who has been dealing with the law and who I even think was a lawyer at some point? (I honestly don’t remember what charley worked with)

Ralph-angel…I am tired. I wish the drama could actually come from these characters being honest with each other instead of this weird omissions that they do. 

micah and isiah, I am here for it. I am here for Hollywood making sense. I am here for Billies smack down of Vi. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Acceleration said:

Can someone please explain to me why Nova doesn’t make a effin’ call to her sister, who would help her out in a heartbeat? Like…the neighbor literally asked her, you call your sister who has been dealing with the law and who I even think was a lawyer at some point? (I honestly don’t remember what charley worked with)

Ralph-angel…I am tired. I wish the drama could actually come from these characters being honest with each other instead of this weird omissions that they do. 

micah and isiah, I am here for it. I am here for Hollywood making sense. I am here for Billies smack down of Vi. 

I don't think Charley is a lawyer by trade. I think she was Davis's manager. I am fairly sure she's an MBA (I am too, which is why it is sticking out in my mind). I remember when she opened the mill (and is that still a thing?) her mother was like "really? a sugar mill?" and Charley was like, well, MBAs run businesses and this is a business, so what are you trippin' on? (I'm paraphrasing.) She has referenced "her lawyer" many times in the course of the show and she has also hired a private investigator before, one with whom she appears to have a long-standing working relationship. So even if she isn't a lawyer, she has them at her disposal, and she would certainly have come across them in her role as Davis's manager because she would have dealt with contracts.

It would be one thing if Charley held her money over their heads or made it otherwise unappealing to ask her for help, but her attitude in general has been "what do you need? I'll call someone" or offering help before it's asked for (which she did for RA) so I don't understand why they don't go to her for help. (She hasn't even asked Nova for that $10K Nova stole from her, which the show has forgotten about but I have not, and will not.) She also appears to have somewhat unlimited wealth, and I don't know how realistic that is but I'm just running with it (also her cost of living would have dropped by a lot moving from LA to St. Joe's Parish). I remember someone outside the family asked her something about money and she said something like "I'm wealthy. I'm good."

Also Vi and Hollywood don't appear to be hurting for money (didn't Hollywood get some big settlement that enabled him to open up his business?) - actually nobody in the family besides RA appears to be struggling, so I wish they would all just talk to each other. My best friend is a lawyer and I've asked her to review documents for me; if the cops showed up at my house I would call every lawyer I know.

• Love 8

So is that the end of the story for Celine and Gabriel? They just disappear? Or should we expect a panicked phone call from Gabriel to Hollywood sometime in the near future? Good on Hollywood for shutting her all the way down. He's a good one.

I'm glad Billie got to say what she needed to to Vi. Vi keeps being out of line.

I don't know what to make of Micah and Isaiah.

Nova demanding to be released then let go is absolute wish fulfillment. In the real world, they would've kept her in jail for days and claim she was lost in the system.

• Love 2

Neither do I. His pride has always been a character flaw, but this is too much. He reverted back to season one RA who robbed the convenience store. Stupid as it is, even if he didn't want to ask his sisters and Vi for money, he could've gone to Hollywood. But RA would rather risk jail than ask his family or accept his wife's money.

I used to think that Blue's paternity was a terrible storyline, but Nova's book topped that. The outrage was selective. I found it curious that Davis is a women's basketball coach, but wasn't he swept up in #Me Too last year when Nova's book dropped? Clearly the show just wants to push the narrative that he had an affair and that's it. But we all know it was much worse than that.

3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don't think Charley is a lawyer by trade. I think she was Davis's manager. I am fairly sure she's an MBA (I am too, which is why it is sticking out in my mind). I remember when she opened the mill (and is that still a thing?)

Yes, Charley was Davis' manager and she has an MBA. I know that the mill story got scrapped due to COVID, but I miss seeing Charley navigate the farmers and run the mill. I was really looking forward to the Charley/Parker showdown, but we have political Charley instead.

• Love 5

I don't feel bad for RA at all, this is his own dumbass fault. He could have easily taken the money that Darla was offering, or taken a loan for Darla's parents, or from Charlie or Nova or even Hollywood and Vi, all of whom seem to have the means to help the farm and would have gladly helped, or done a million other safer things, but instead he did sketchy stuff with his clearly sketchy friend and lied to his wife about it, all for the sake of his own pride. This is some season one RA bullshit, I hope that no one lets him off easy on this, even if I am sure his family will help him with any legal issues. 

Hollywood is awesome as always, he really shut her down in just the way he needed, and then told Vi about it right away, despite it being a really uncomfortable conversation. I am guessing that Celine ends up calling Vi in a panic because her husband found her and Vi still shows up to save the day despite Celine making moves on her husband, possibly to get a bit of a do over to how badly she handled what happened to Billie. 

Speaking of, I am really glad that Billy told Vi off, she really does need to be checked when she starts getting really high up on her high horse. She gets so judgmental and pushes all kinds of boundaries and she needs reminders that its not alright.

I like Charlie getting into politics, but I miss when she was running the mill and trying to advocate for the farmers in the parish. I was also really annoyed by the political guy who Charlie met with, don't tell her you don't want her to be a senator and then drop a super long pause and let her get upset and only then tell her what your meeting about, just get to the point. 

They are totally going there with Micah and his friend, and this is a way more interesting story for Micah then the thing with him and his creepy teacher. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

They are totally going there with Micah and his friend, and this is a way more interesting story for Micah then the thing with him and his creepy teacher. 

I don’t even know why they included the teacher. There was no reason for it unless they intend to come back to it, but I don’t think they will. 

• Love 5

I was so happy to see Billie tell off Vi.  Billie was a teen who was abused by a man that Vi knows is an abuser.  FFS she is holding onto her hatred of Billie all these years, as if Jimmy Dale was some saint who was enticed by a young temptress. She should know so much better.

RA is so surprised that shady friend got picked up and ratted him out.  I may die from terminal eyeroll.  What did he think would happen?  His ridiculous pride will be the end of him. 

I am so over Nova. Just over everything about her and her storyline.  Of course she speechifies at the cop and he releases her immediately. Ugh.  

• Love 6

And I realized today that my post was almost entirely negative.  😳   I do want to add that I am now enjoying the Mika story.  While I don't know if they will go with him being bi, I am happy to see them showing some growth in his character.  Too often shows have people in college who still act like they are 12.  I enjoy that they are addressing Charlie having to adjust to his growing up and them having a conversation in this show that fit their ages and experiences.  They are working on a developing their relationship into one of adults.  He will always be her child, but the interactions shift with age. 

• Love 2
On 10/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, marceline said:

So is that the end of the story for Celine and Gabriel? They just disappear? Or should we expect a panicked phone call from Gabriel to Hollywood sometime in the near future? 

Wasn't there in a past episode recently a conversation between Hollywood and Vi where they talked about their not having had kids? I wonder if something will happen with Celine and they'll get custody of Gabriel. I'd like that storyline for more Hollywood-Gabriel scenes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Davis is coaching a women's team? How did I miss that detail? Anyhoo, those groupies are less likely to swing Davis' way if he ever decides to dip in the cheating well again.

Geez, DNC guy, way to bury the lede. But IMO that was kind of a clumsy way to let Charley make her women's empowerment speech to an audience of one.

So Micah sorta already knew his light-skinneded frat bro is gay even though it hasn't been officially confirmed between them. Maybe Isaiah is waiting for Micah to make the first move.

Well it didn't take long for Prison Bae Theo to sell RA out. Or he will if RA doesn't lie and give him an alibi. Poor Darla.

I sure hope Gabriel's going to be all right. Hollywood taking him under his wing had been such a wonderful life-changer for him.

Dominic is lucky he didn't get shot on Nova's front lawn. But what the hell, helicopters? You'd think Nova was the local drug lord.

I'm confused. Why would Charley run for congress from L.A.? Does she stand a better chance of winning in California versus Louisiana?

Guess those shady cops didn't really know who they were messing with. Sigh, Nova gets to be the winner again. 🙄

The actor who plays Dominic is also on Our Kind of People. (Starring Yaya DaCosta). He looks way younger here. I've been thinking he was in his late 20s but after seeing him on the other series, I think he's probably closer to Rutina Wesley's age. He is aging quite nicely. 🥰

• Love 2
On 10/16/2021 at 5:30 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Davis is coaching a women's team? How did I miss that detail? Anyhoo, those groupies are less likely to swing Davis' way if he ever decides to dip in the cheating well again.

As a man who once had a crush on someone who played Women's basketball... he won't find anyone who plays for his "team"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1