Type keyword(s) to search

My Life Is Murder - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watched the last two episodes of the new season last night. A lot of Martin Henderson. He and Lucy are excellent together as siblings. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, laredhead said:

I hope this series is renewed for another few seasons.  I love the scenery, and the final episode had some beautiful ocean views.

WE are worried that this was it. 

• Like 3

This is such a great show. I love Lucy Lawless and she's awesome in the show. And funny. I love her being upset with her room because she can't see the opera house. And when she had the bow and saying it's been a long time since she did this.

I love Madison. She's really great and I love her relationship with Alexa. I love the setting in Australia and later New Zealand.

• Like 5

Sad to see there weren't more episodes this season.  The only thing that I didn't like is the purses they were constantly carrying.  Like they were advertising them.  None of the purses looked like there was anything in them.  I don't know those purses just bugged me this season. hahaha🙂

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, mojito said:

The shortened season seemed like a tell.

The last two episodes dealing with the guy who killed Alexa's husband and is then murdered made me also think it was the last season. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

The last two episodes dealing with the guy who killed Alexa's husband and is then murdered made me also think it was the last season. 

It felt that way. It was as if all that she had bottled up in her all this time has been released. It felt cathartic. 

• Like 4

I know it's selfish but I want another season or even 2! The show is so fun and enjoyable. The actors all have great chemistry with each other and it enhances the episodes. However, if that was the last season, I'm happy that Alexa was able to true closure and see her friends as part of her family and be willing to let them in. Of course, she will always be Alexa, so she will go rouge when it suits her, but it feels like she knows these are people she can depend on. 

I'd watch Lucy Lawless read me the phone book (what's the current version of something like that lol)!, maybe just read me funny tweets! 

• Like 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, msani19 said:

I know it's selfish but I want another season or even 2! The show is so fun and enjoyable. The actors all have great chemistry with each other and it enhances the episodes. However, if that was the last season, I'm happy that Alexa was able to true closure and see her friends as part of her family and be willing to let them in. Of course, she will always be Alexa, so she will go rouge when it suits her, but it feels like she knows these are people she can depend on. 

I'd watch Lucy Lawless read me the phone book (what's the current version of something like that lol)!, maybe just read me funny tweets! 

Her own tweets are really funny. :) She does not like one of her former co-stars (from Xena). 

I still haven't finished the season, but I plan to. It was the perfect sort of comfort show, when I was recovering from something, five years ago, and was over the hump, so I was comfy, and just able to settle in with my tea, and watch it for the next few nights. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, Anela said:

Her own tweets are really funny. :) She does not like one of her former co-stars (from Xena). 

I still haven't finished the season, but I plan to. It was the perfect sort of comfort show, when I was recovering from something, five years ago, and was over the hump, so I was comfy, and just able to settle in with my tea, and watch it for the next few nights. 

"Peanut." Lol

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, DaveA said:

I wish she didn't insist on always being the smartest person in the room.

The character has a lot of company there (House, is the first that comes to mind). 

• Like 2
On 8/10/2024 at 8:30 PM, Anela said:

who doesn't she like? 

I'm watching the episodes they've been running on BBC America and I have to say I'm really enjoying the show.  I prefer the cop in Melbourne to the one in Auckland, but I like seeing so much of the Auckland area because it's less familiar to me.  And while I still nitpick about Alexa's methods, which would get every single one of these cases thrown out of court in the US (probably would in Australia and NZ as well), the show is just so charming that I'm more than willing to let it slide.  Plus, Lucy Lawless is wonderful and I'd watch her in almost anything.  Hell, most of the time, I want to BE her.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am guessing you mean another season, since it is already on Season 4.

I didn't realize that. I'm not sure then what season I'm watching in PBS, I need to check. 

(edited)
41 minutes ago, surfgirl said:
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I am guessing you mean another season, since it is already on Season 4.

I didn't realize that. I'm not sure then what season I'm watching in PBS, I need to check. 

It is on BBC America and that would be Season 4. Seasons 1 - 4 are on Britbox with Season 1 Episode 1 available for free on Prime Video/Amazon Freevee.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

It is on BBC America and that would be Season 4. Seasons 1 - 4 are on Britbox with Season 1 Episode 1 available for free on Prime Video/Amazon Freevee.

I'm watching on PBS and the episodes say it's S01.

On 8/16/2024 at 10:57 AM, proserpina65 said:

I'm watching the episodes they've been running on BBC America and I have to say I'm really enjoying the show.  I prefer the cop in Melbourne to the one in Auckland, but I like seeing so much of the Auckland area because it's less familiar to me. 

Harry is played by the same guy who played one of Kristen’s love interests in Brokenwood. I love actor crossover.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2024 at 1:18 PM, AnimeMania said:

Actually BBC America has been running it on Friday mornings, too.  They started with the first season and are now about 4/5 episodes into the second season.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Actually BBC America has been running it on Friday mornings, too.  They started with the first season and are now about 4/5 episodes into the second season.

I wonder if I can find it from S01 on BBC America on Roku??

23 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

That's where I've been watching it. It was on the Sundance channel for awhile which was where I was watching it until they stopped. Luckily BBC America started airing.

(edited)

Started watching the earlier season episodes airing on BBC America.

S02.E07: All the Better to See You

All the world's a stage when Alexa investigates the murder of an actor in the middle of a live performance.

Spoiler

The murder couldn't have happened the way that Alexa said it did since the retractable knife in evidence wouldn't have any blood or DNA on it, so the police wouldn't have thought it was the murder weapon.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 2

Watched the S01 epi about the closeted gay guy whose brother accidentally kls him. It's rather sudden that now Kieran is separated from Pippa, that's convenient given it seems obvious the writers want him Ana exa together. I do like him, and he's cute, but too married to the work. 

BTW, thisnis a S01 viewer so please don't tell me what happens between them! Thanks!