Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

AnimeMania

S03.E04: Undead Patrol

The newly “undead” members of the Doom Patrol are inspired to work on themselves. Later, the team is rocked by the arrival of a mysterious woman on a time machine – and a former foe.

Premiere Date: September 30, 2021

Doom-Patrol-Season-3-Ep.-4-Undead-Patrol

brendan-fraser-dianne-guerrero-matt-bome

Well that was gross. But it goes to show that the writers are willing to do pretty much anything. I do wonder why Rita didn’t lose form while zombified.

On the other hand, it was good to see that the Doom Patrol is good in a fight. The monster butts didn’t even give them pause. Too bad a zombie butt seems to have gotten away…

• Love 2

That was gross. I'm over zombies, but this show like always manages to go even crazier then any other show. Zombies fighting werebutts. And now a werebutt zombie is on the loose. 

I think Rita's abilities are tied to her emotional state. As a zombie she only had one thing on her mind. And as Larry said he felt at peace thinking of only brains and nothing else. 

I did love the all the zombies groaning when Jones started monologing. Having just watched Midnight Mass where all the characters do is monologue and I groan. Lol. 

• Love 1

I know we'll never get any explanation BUT why was Larry zombified? I mean, Cliff postulated he, Rita, Jane and Cyborg were all affected by the spider death lady poison, Larry was not present for that. Anyway, I didn't love this episode (never thought I would say this but....I might be over zombies too).

• Love 1

Its not every show that can have an emotional moment where a disembodied head tells a bunch of zombies to eat him to cure them of being zombies after they just ate and defeated an army of killer butts led by a vengeful werebutt... Doom Patrol is that show.

• Love 2

Absolutely loved every minute of it! The gross bits were offset by the humour and there was buckets full. Michelle Gomez is so much gold, she can stay as far as I'm concerned.

The show feels like it has lost its way. Aside from introducing comic book characters, what’s the point of any of this? Is this some sort of treatise on death? Otherwise it feels like one big detour.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:01 AM, diebartdie said:

I know we'll never get any explanation BUT why was Larry zombified? I mean, Cliff postulated he, Rita, Jane and Cyborg were all affected by the spider death lady poison, Larry was not present for that. Anyway, I didn't love this episode (never thought I would say this but....I might be over zombies too).

On 10/4/2021 at 1:07 PM, CletusMusashi said:

I really hate to question logic on this silly show, but... how exactly does Cliff eating anything work?

Two good points.  I was surprised that Cliff could even be zombified-did the vomit touch his brain?