Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Dingo, Baby, et Cetera

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

We get to see Archer's first mission. And his mentor was Bruce Campbell, the only person cooler than Archer. Well, there's also Burt Reynolds but he's dead. I KNEW something was off about Reiko, and either Archer was getting honeypotted, or she was The Dingo. 

"I could try to reanimate and remote control a corpse."
"That's ALWAYS your plan."

Ahh, never change, Krieger. I love that he came on the mission to Japan. Is he still married to the anime hologram? Either way, it gave him plenty of experience with the culture.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Well, other than Kreiger's unfunny antics and more crap about Lana hating being married, this was a solid episode.  Seeing Archer as a green agent on his first mission and improvising at the last second was cool.  And I loved the reaction he had with his mentor dying.

Everything with Reiko and Archer were the best parts of the episode.  The confrontation on the rooftop was amazing.  Surprised Ennio Morricone's Un Amico wasn't playing in the background.

I liked this being more of a drama than a comedy.  And I'd love to know more about Archer when he was first starting out.  The only trouble is is that Jessica Walker is gone.  Maybe they can try a way to work around it?

• Love 2

Great episode. Good call to just have Archer, Lana and Krieger on the mission. You could've had fun with Pam and Cheryl careening around and Cyril getting humiliated . . . but then you'd get less of Archer's backstory.

I'm not really a fan of prequels where everything is explained. Solo: A Star Wars Story comes to mind. "Hey, this is Han meeting Chewbacca! Now he's on the Millennium Falcon! Now he's got the dice!!" It works here, with Archer getting influenced by his first mentor . . . and the mentor's death is so traumatizing for him, he's on Archer's file as "first true love." I don't think McGinley "created" Archer, given that Sterling was an established fuck-up before the flashbacks.

Lana is still withering. I mean, she's fun to watch and Aisha Tyler brings it every episode, but she's a mess. The sad part is that I don't think Archer's return from his coma sabbatical is what started Lana on her path to marital doubt. It did accelerate the process, though.

I think there are two more episodes left. Can anyone confirm? Maybe the finale centers on where the heck Ray has been for the past six weeks.

• Love 1

I actually thought Reiko sounded a lot like Cheryl, to the point I actually looked her VA up. It's Karen Fukuhara, but I thought since Judy Greer has done the occasional extra voice on the show (Framboise, for example. She's actually the voice of Mitsuko, Krieger's holographic girlfriend too), while watching I thought maybe they'd want to make Reiko reoccurring and it's easiest to use an actor from the established cast instead of a guest star for that. But Dingo being very dead takes that reason out.

I definitely think Judy Greer and Karen Fukuhara have a similar vocal tone.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I did also like the 'stay golden ponyboy' thrown in there. 

Great reference to The Outsiders, especially with Japanese delinquents often represented as the Far East chapter of the Greasers.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I did also like the 'stay golden ponyboy' thrown in there. 

It didn't work for me. I got the reference but, the line just didn't work in the situation. Johnny says that to Pony Boy as he's dying (and later in the letter IIRC). Saying it in a fight sequence with Japanese punks didn't make sense to me.

That was a really good episode, I liked getting some Archer backstory that they the story was mostly played for straight drama, even with jokes, especially at the end. I called Reiko as the Dingo pretty quickly, but it was still an affecting story. Kudos to the animators, there was a lot of great animation and they did a good job at making a younger Archer look green and naïve without going over the top.

Krieger knows how long it takes to give an octopus an orgasm. Because of course he does. There was also a reference to his having sex with dolphins that I didn't quite understand. He was extra insane this episode.

I also thought Reiko's voice was very similar to Cheryl's and I figured that's largely why Archer was attracted to her. There was already a familiarity on an subconscious level.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
On 9/23/2021 at 11:34 PM, Lantern7 said:

Maybe the finale centers on where the heck Ray has been for the past six weeks.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Krieger knows how long it takes to give an octopus an orgasm. Because of course he does. There was also a reference to his having sex with dolphins that I didn't quite understand. He was extra insane this episode.

This reminded me of an issue I had...Ray would have been the logical 3rd person on the mission, especially after the previous episode which had Cyril confirm he doesn't like field work.

I know Ray is voiced by the show runner but, I really want/need more Ray.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This reminded me of an issue I had...Ray would have been the logical 3rd person on the mission, especially after the previous episode which had Cyril confirm he doesn't like field work.

I know Ray is voiced by the show runner but, I really want/need more Ray.

Well, the teaser for the next episode is up. I’m working and I won’t play it now, but Ray is in the thumbnail.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1