CBS Bio

image.jpeg.5618649c26d8a5d079d757a105b1ac6e.jpeg

Name: Sydney Segal
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Current Residence: Brooklyn, NY

Hobbies: Running, knitting and crocheting, soccer

3 Words to Describe You: Confident, charismatic, empathetic

Pet Peeves: Bodily noises: sniffling, snoring, heavy breathing, coughing

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the California State Champion in
cross country.

What is something we would never know from looking at you? I speak Spanish,
Italian, Portuguese and some French.

Who is your hero and why? My father. He is the second messiah to me. He is even-
keeled and rational. My dad is the perfect role model and the most positive person I have ever
met, even in circumstances where it would be easy to get down.
Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? Natalie White. She was able to
assess her place on her tribe and in her alliance, while consciously nursing Russell's ego. Her
social awareness is something I admired.

Why do you believe you can win Survivor? I have the essential social skills and social
awareness. I am athletic, but not some 6'2" buff dude who will be threatening. I am not a
creature of habit and can adapt to any situation. Having watched Survivor, I have the benefit of
hindsight and think I have a high Survivor IQ. I play to win.

35 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I'm actually interested in seeing how she does on here. 

If Syd truly does have THAT big an issue with “bodily noises”, then camping out with a half-dozen other people in your standard-issue Survivor shelter will have her going off the deep end after 3 or 4 sleepless nights.

• Love 1
On 9/22/2021 at 6:23 PM, candall said:

Is it rude for me to suggest Sydney strikes me as showmance material?

It wouldn't have worked.  She's too in love with herself to have a -mance with anybody else.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Thanks to a tip in the latest episode thread from @LanceM, I looked at Sydney's "President Sydney" Instagram account (as opposed to her "Queen Sydney" account, which I'd already found XD). Won't go into detail to avoid a political discussion, but I will say it belies the seemingly majority opinion here that she's a superficial flake who only cares about herself and isn't really going to law school. Looking at it might not change your opinion on whether or not you like her, but I think it shows that there's more to her than meets the eye.

13 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

isn't really going to law school.

I always take those "going to" brags with a big grain of salt.

I, myself, am going to law school after I finish my career as prima ballerina for the Bolshoi Ballet.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I always take those "going to" brags with a big grain of salt.

I, myself, am going to law school after I finish my career as prima ballerina for the Bolshoi Ballet.

You can take it with a grain of salt if you like, but it takes less than a minute to verify that Sydney is going to Brooklyn Law School (and graduated from Columbia, for that matter), as her Instagram says.

I freely admit that she's no sweetheart, but just because you don't like someone, it doesn't mean that everything they say is b.s.

4 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I freely admit that she's no sweetheart, but just because you don't like someone, it doesn't mean that everything they say is b.s.

I certainly didn't say that everything she said was b.s. or that Sydney was lying or even that I don't like her.

The "I always take" part of my sentence was meant to indicate that it's a general rule of mine to not put too much stock in what people say on these bios.  Just, for example, Erika's bio that says she's totally fearless.

I don't care enough about Sydney one way or another to research her.  I'll take your word for it that she's going to law school and that she is going to graduate from it  some day and she is going to pass the bar exam.  You can afford to be very proud of her.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I certainly didn't say that everything she said was b.s. or that Sydney was lying or even that I don't like her.

The "I always take" part of my sentence was meant to indicate that it's a general rule of mine to not put too much stock in what people say on these bios.  Just, for example, Erika's bio that says she's totally fearless.

Fair enough.

42 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I don't care enough about Sydney one way or another to research her.  I'll take your word for it that she's going to law school and that she is going to graduate from it  some day and she is going to pass the bar exam.  You can afford to be very proud of her.

Lol, I'll have forgotten her long before then. My defense of her shouldn't be taken as me being a huge fan. I just think she's getting disproportionately and hyperbolically criticized (not necessarily by you), and it was going well beyond anything she did on the show.

On RHAP, I could barely understand Sydney. She is originally from LA but currently lives in Brooklyn, NY. I would have thought it was the other way. I don’t think it’s any great loss if she never speaks to the cast again. Good lord! She used the F word every other second because she’s dumb and can’t actually have an intelligent conversation. I think I heard or read enough from her with Parade.com, ew.com and RHAP to get the full picture of Sydney. She’s a heinous person who thinks she’s really smart when she isn’t. She also thinks she’s hysterical because her real friends get her. If that’s that case I hope I never meet her friends.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t think it’s any great loss if she never speaks to the cast again.

The other players probably feel the same as you.

After reading several exit interviews it's pretty clear Sydney is quite enraptured with Sydney. I half expected her to knight herself and kiss her own hand.

When I was backing out of the latest episode thread and it took me to the main page for the show I saw her name but for some reason my brain did not want to read her name correctly.  For some reason in that split second my brain wanted me to think I was seeing Steven Seagal's name instead.  Then I quickly chuckled when I realized that my brain was messing with me.