Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Home

KittenPokerCheater
  • Start Topic

It was a decent episode. 

Dick/Barbara are still on track. Blackfire/Kon are....a thing sexually now though the writers are just ignoring that she's using someone elses body. Starfire is still single and has random visions that still make no sense.

It was nice that they kept Tims aspect of figuring out the Batfam identity but him going out so recklessly and almost dying...I wouldnt choose him to be a future Robin. I cant see Dick taking him in and forming him into Robin. Whenever Bruce returns and he has a new kid to look after....would be very Titans.

I wonder if Kory's visions are related to the woman Kom possessed?  That feels too simple - it's something else.

Kom is clearly using Connor to drain his powers or something - her powers coalescing under the bed was spooky tho.  Then Kory went into a trance again... what is going on?  Her vision was in a theater of a blank play with Crown in the title and then her vision leads her to circle some shop with Crown in the title...  so this is about the throne of Tamaran?

Connor/Kom was hot tho ...

Was the water leak in Babs office symbolic of the poor Gotham infrastructure or was that meant to show the police have been compromised by the poison?  Hate that Crane tricked Kory so easily.

Why didn't Connor take Tim to the hospital?

Could've used more Gar.

Why is Dick hallucinating again?

Really solid episode.

• Love 2

I'm not sure that kom is using someone's body as it's been a total transmutation at this point and the previous occupant is gone. 

Barbara is growing on me.   It helps when she's more snarky and less bitchy.

17 hours ago, phoenics said:

Why is Dick hallucinating again?

Why is Dick walking around? I am listening to an audio book about Batman and Psychology and there is a paragraph that potentially someone with great physical gifts and intelligence, money and free time could become Batman (martial arts training, toys, etc) but would likely not sustain it for long, due to injury. (it goes on to say that it is unlikely we can suspend belief long term, but it works as long as we can suspend belief for each individual story). It was even implied that he was unconscious overnight and didn't know Barbara was there. Huge concussion and I doubt he'd be moving well. the question isn't why is he hallucinating, the question is why is he able to walk and who let him leave the hospital. So, this individual story, I'm not buying he isn't down for the count. I am buying that Batman is still functional, probably because of the same story by story thing. Comic books, what can you do?

So, Barbara. You kill it you take its job. She is functioning, using her desk, as Oracle for the police and Gotham. Now that it is destroyed by water damage she will be blind and frustrated. I bet it pushes her in the direction of doing it full time. Her face at the end was such a picture of helplessness. She would hate that.

It seems likely the leak wasn't an accident, either (and how did the repair people miss the torrent). Scarecrow when he was manipulating Oracle (the big brother computer)?

Was the pink glowy layer Blackfire's power sucking kryptonian energy? In any case I suspect that the lady she used to manifest her body isn't completely gone because of concern for her child or children and this is what Kory is picking up on. Not sure where this is going. Everyone, even Gar, is really to busy to notice Conner is having problems, though. Whether he is losing his powers or dealing with losing his virginity, it is going to be bad for Someone. 

I don't think the woman inside Blackfire is gone, and I suspect her concern for her children is the reason she is holding on. Kory's trans state is clearly a power, not random crazy. It doesn't seem to be connected to everyone else's storyline, though.

Someone has the worst mother, ever, but now she's dead. "I want to put my head in your lap." Bit of an oedipal relationship, Jon?

The water is full of drugs, Kory was manipulated into it. The titans aren't making it better.

Edited by Affogato

I don't think Blackfire is using Connor. She seems to genuinely like him and their convo in the car seemed innocent enough. 

Umm Crane's mom? I mean seriously no wonder he's insane. That actor is killing it though. No pun intended.

Jason as reedemable is still a hard sell and I was actually surprised he believed Dick when Dick said he can come home.

I'm not sure about the visions, maybe Kory and Komi have an unknown sibling? Half-sibling who is now communicating with Kory? It seems like it would need to be someone related to send a message the was Komi did.

Love Tim Drake and honestly Dick could have done more to keep him out of harms way.

I honestly find Dick to be my least favorite Titan, but then again Batman is my least favorite superhero so it makes sense. Like father, like son.

I am beyond tired of Vincent Kartheiser and his Joker imitation.  Writhing around on the coffee table, chewing as much scenery as possible.  Then he killed his mom and I guess we are supposed to believe he has now cemented his place in the upper echelon of criminal mastermind Batvillains because he killed his mom?   The Joker imitation is getting really old, and I hate his voice.

More Conner and Blackfire.  I don’t care if she is using him, they are good together.  

Eight episodes in, and still no sign of Rachel or Donna.  How many episodes are in this season?

• Love 3
On 9/18/2021 at 9:08 PM, blackwing said:

Eight episodes in, and still no sign of Rachel or Donna.  How many episodes are in this season?

Thirteen episodes this season, but it looks like the show goes on hiatus from this week (?). Yeah Raven and Donna are my fave Titans so hope we get to see that storyline soon.  

Personally I think this season sucks.  Centered around the most unlikeable person from season 2, a boring criminal, so-called heroes acting incredibly stupid, and some mystery that just drrrraaaaggsss.  

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Hanahope said:

Personally I think this season sucks.  Centered around the most unlikeable person from season 2, a boring criminal, so-called heroes acting incredibly stupid, and some mystery that just drrrraaaaggsss.  

Totally agree, and add that two of the most interesting characters, Rachel and Donna, are MIA.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

Totally agree, and add that two of the most interesting characters, Rachel and Donna, are MIA.

The only thing that is saving this season is Kory, Conner and Blackfire.

Whatever happened to the relationship between Dick and Kory?  We saw them together once maybe, but I thought it was ongoing.  But they never seemed to address a breakup or a "that was only once".  I think she is a much better match for him than Barbara, but I guess with Barbara he has the history.

The good of this season so far is that they have finally gotten rid of Hank and Dawn.  The bad is that they have been replaced in the cast by Barbara and Crane, neither of whom I care for and in Crane's case, actively despise.  And yes, they really need to check in on Rachel and Donna, as well as giving Gar more to do other than feeling like he is extraneous.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, blackwing said:

The good of this season so far is that they have finally gotten rid of Hank and Dawn. 

Yes, a definite good thing.

32 minutes ago, blackwing said:

as well as giving Gar more to do other than feeling like he is extraneous.

Such as living up to the name of Beast Boy.  Hardly any transformations, yet many young guy fighting scenes.

• Love 1
On 9/16/2021 at 9:06 PM, Primal Slayer said:

It was a decent episode. 

Dick/Barbara are still on track. Blackfire/Kon are....a thing sexually now though the writers are just ignoring that she's using someone elses body. Starfire is still single and has random visions that still make no sense.

It was nice that they kept Tims aspect of figuring out the Batfam identity but him going out so recklessly and almost dying...I wouldnt choose him to be a future Robin. I cant see Dick taking him in and forming him into Robin. Whenever Bruce returns and he has a new kid to look after....would be very Titans.

Is it really at all impressive, though, that he figured it out? 

Is been a while since I watched season 2, so I've been watching this season under the impression that Batman and Nightwing's identities had become public knowledge. Everyone already seems to know them, or at least behave like they do. Dick is constantly with other Titans who the public clearly recognize when he is out of costume.