Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Shots

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

It's been a while since the gang was NOT on any kind of mission, hasn't it? Everyone's really boring now. Except Krieger and Pam. They're still amazing. Of course it's all Archer's fault. Ruining Cyril (one of his favorite past times) ended up ruining the rest of the group.

"I got punched by a little boy when I tried to tie him up." God damn, Cyril. He can't help himself being lame. But I liked where he went for fun. Slot cars are fun.

Absolutely loved that Malory was finally able to drop an uncensored "fuck." And that swear jar seems large enough to be filled daily.

Okay, loved the Pampage club. I need one of those shirts. And Krieger tripping on psychedelics is always amazing.

• Love 1

Yeah, this episode has opened my eyes to why I'm not liking this season - it's a drag.  Archer's torment of Cyril is just mean-spirited now, I can't stand Lana, Cheryl and Pam's antics are no longer funny, Kreiger is just there, Ray might as well be dead, and with Jessica Walter gone, Mallory will soon be dead.  And who the hell is this UN lady?

The writing isn't what it used to be.  The gags aren't landing.  And did we really need a reappearance of the Middle Eastern prince from an episode I barely remember from a season I also didn't much care about?  I'd much rather find out what's happened to Katya.  Or Veronica Deane.

I hate to say it, but this show is at the bottom of the barrel now.  I'm lament watching this, now, wishing it could be back to the way it was, before Archer Vice and the coma seasons.

And I really hope Robert divorces Lana and gets custody of Abbie Jean because fuck Lana.

• Love 2

Rewatching it, we now know that Sploosh is a person. This seems like "end of the line" reveal territory to me.

8 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

The writing isn't what it used to be.  The gags aren't landing.  And did we really need a reappearance of the Middle Eastern prince from an episode I barely remember from a season I also didn't much care about?  I'd much rather find out what's happened to Katya.  Or Veronica Deane.

Same. 

I had fun. It's not like I would defend the series to the very end, but I don't see how it's collapsing. Seriously, I went through that with Rick and Morty. To be fair, I might be easier to amuse. "Who cares if Lana is flailing as a character? Pam is actually making 'Pamage' work! And she had t-shirts made! I should find it obnoxious that she's got custom tees in her trunk, but it's awesome!"

Like I said, I might be an easier mark.

Sandra should bail out now while she's still breathing. Those people are monsters. And Ray wasn't with them! I'm not saying things would have escalated out of control faster, but he wouldn't have slowed the group down.

Cyril is still sad. When I saw the D&D scene in the teasers, I'd expect Archer to be all, "You got good at this growing up? Yeah, I would've been great at this, but I was . . . you know . . . getting laid." No, Archer made the effort. He also threatened two geeks with his gun, but it was still a nice gesture.

• Love 5

People didn’t like this episode?   It hit every mark for me.

I love Sandra kinda offering to take the gang out for drinks and having it snowball because Sandra is a normal and when she says drinks she means a couple of beers and the gang is a bunch of Barely  functioning alcoholics.  I also loved the group of would be kidnappers or whatever on the outside doing a commentary on what was happening “they have a monster truck now.”    Might be paraphrasing.        Watching Archer try to bond with Cyril was fun too especially since the stuff Cyril does isn’t as lame as expected.     Pam and her Pamage was as fun as expected especially since Pam has always been intense.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

I thought that episode was great, I love how Sandra, a pretty normal person, took everyone out for normal after work drinks which led to a night of drunkin madness and almost manslaughter and while she was horrified they all felt like they got their groove back.   

• Love 2

I watched on Hulu. Did they bleep out the f bomb on FXX? Because that was brilliantly delivered. 

I liked that they're addressing Archer's coma though. 

I did like Pam calling out Archer on messing with Cyril. I don't think it's all on Archer though. Cyril could stand up a little more. Credit to Archer for copping to some of it. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:32 PM, Galileo908 said:

Okay, loved the Pampage club.

I was dying. They had monster trucks, fights, and a rave. 

I liked Aisha Tyler's line readings for Lana's increasing drunkenness. The animation had her head swaying more after the shots too. 

There's a bar near me that does those car races. They have a league. Archer trashing the kids was hilarious. 

I didn't get why they pushed the truck into the ocean though. They could have just weighed the body down and tossed him in. I thought they were going to take out the boat that was there. 

Nice way to work in the weekend at bernie's move to sneak the prince out. 

38 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I watched on Hulu. Did they bleep out the f bomb on FXX? Because that was brilliantly delivered. 

FXX aired it uncensored; I was so taken by surprise I rewound it just to be sure.