Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Big Five Oh

• Start Topic

Laura Leighton, Josie Bissett and Daphne Zuniga Guest-Star

When old friends Nettie, Camille and Margot come to the Island to celebrate their 50th birthdays, their fantasies expose fault lines in their friendship.

Airdate: Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021

Edited by Trini

I was hating the initial scenario's the show had laid out, but I am glad that they managed to rationalize each of the fantasies to the point, that by the end this became my favorite guest fantasy. I couldn't care less what Roarke and Ruby were doing.

I feel better that each woman's fantasy was for a short term release from their problems that allowed them to realize their real issues. The lady didn't want a new body, she just wanted to be in a healthy body for a while, before fixing the one she has. The other lady realized she should find out who she is before committing to a new relationship. The third lady was tired because she was doing to much and learned it is OK to let others help you.

• Love 6

I admit I wasn't so much into this one. I fast-forwarded a bunch.

ETA: However, I do have to applaud the costume designer and whoever else puts together all the lovely outfits on this show! All the ladies looked great.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Trini said:

ETA: However, I do have to applaud the costume designer and whoever else puts together all the lovely outfits on this show! All the ladies looked great.

Whoever is in charge of wardrobe deserves an award of some sort.  The outfits for Roarke and Ruby are always amazing - very stylish, yet somehow appropriate to be wearing on an island.  I do love how they stuck with the original wardrobe choice of all white for both Roarke and Tattoo/Ruby.  The guest stars have been women of all sizes (again, kudos for casting) and everyone always looks great! 

• Love 5

Well hello, Doctor Tristan. 😘

Beefsteak tomatoes. I have no idea what those feel like but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't want a pair of them attached to my chest. Back pain.

Heh, Elena cannot hold her liquor at all. Good on Javier for not taking advantage.

Ugh, what a macabre moment with the casket. Was that necessary?

This was not my favorite episode. Seemed too gimmicky to me.

9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Beefsteak tomatoes. I have no idea what those feel like but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't want a pair of them attached to my chest. Back pain.

I liked that even the two woman copping a feel of her breasts made sense since she had hers removed and the other lady knew that had happened as well and was showing her support. The third lady declined to feel them because she did not know about the breast cancer.

• Love 1

The fantasy was ... strange. I guess it made sense in a logical way but somehow it didn't grab me on a visceral level .

Ruby is beginning to annoy me a great deal. Not everyone wants a "girls night" with facials and bad manicures and too much to drink. Personally I can't think of many evenings I'd dislike more.  I get that they want to explore the character living her second youth but they don't have to make her so pushy.

• Love 1

Didn't like Girl's Night.  Not something I'd want to do and, as I've said before, I'd like LadyRoarke to remain a mystery.

I liked the way the fantasy ended, with everyone realizing what their real fantasies were (thanks AnimeMania for the succinct description) and how they are resolving their issues.

I do wonder how long before "we will each take your kids for one weekend each month" will end.

• LOL 1
On 9/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, izabella said:

A Melrose Place reunion!  That was a fun surprise!

On 9/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, Artsda said:

Loved seeing the Melrose reunion.

And 'Sydney' even asked 'Jo' about Biker Jake from the early 90s!! Hee....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2