Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Maybe she is just an idiot. I’ve been trying to learn French for years using an app and it hasn’t worked for me, though I think if I moved to France it would be easier. 

Right? I've been on Duolingo for a couple of years now, swotting away at Spanish. I can read OK, but I can't write and can only occasionally speak. I switched to French for awhile because the subjunctive was defeating me utterly. At least I had French in school, so I'm not starting from zero. 

• Like 4

Sounds like things calmed down wrt the monsoon we’ve had all evening. When I walked the dog (who isn’t a water/puddle fan), the puddles were above my rubbers (Gobi, the kind you wear over your shoes). I could barely see where I was going because the rain was coming down hard and steady (Gobi, that’s not a reference to any of the men on this franchise).

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, Doublemint said:

Where's the Indian wedding?  

They must be saving it for the big finale. The Sharp writing team is over the moon because at least this wedding won't be a thrown together affair in some sad, shitty park, with a dozen depressed looking guests. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? I've been on Duolingo for a couple of years now, swotting away at Spanish. I can read OK, but I can't write and can only occasionally speak. I switched to French for awhile because the subjunctive was defeating me utterly. At least I had French in school, so I'm not starting from zero. 

French masculine/feminine kills me…why is a baby masculine and an orange feminine? I asked my French friend and she said she didn’t know, that is just how it is 😂 I think being fully immersed makes a huge difference. I don’t use what I have learned.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

French masculine/feminine kills me…why is a baby masculine and an orange feminine? I asked my French friend and she said she didn’t know, that is just how it is 😂 

Gender number case, gender number case! That's what I'm always repeating to myself in drills. But at least I had French and Latin waaaaaaay back in high school so I was familiar. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Gender number case, gender number case! That's what I'm always repeating to myself in drills. But at least I had French and Latin waaaaaaay back in high school so I was familiar. 

I’m Canadian and took French until the 10th grade….I have no excuse 😂 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

We all know what’s going to happen. We’ve been watching this show too long not to have learned anything.

You're giving the show too much credit.  It's your good judgment and life experiences that's taught you, (and all of us).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

When I first took my sons to college, the last official act I did was to make their beds. I don’t think I’d be okay with sending my 13yo daughter off to be by herself because I needed to go to Turkey to get laid.

Don’t forget, she is staying with her largely absent father who was too busy in another country to visit her for any significant period of time. What could go wrong?

• Like 4
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Don’t forget, she is staying with her largely absent father who was too busy in another country to visit her for any significant period of time. What could go wrong?

Not only was he largely absent and too busy, he’s also elderly at this point. What the hell would he know about life as a 2023 teenager?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Shekinah and Sharia (as in Muslim law?) are keeping the plastic surgeon knee deep in money.

I swear every time there is a Shekinah segment tonight, there's a botox ad after. TLC is over there subtly  confirming our suspicions about her face.

Could also be just my local cable advertising but, who knows...

Edited by Bees52
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Jesus Mary and Joseph , Mary has baby fever and that is her excuse for acting ‘crazy’ Jesus help us all 

Brandan should count his lucky stars that, in the throes of baby fever, Mary didn't try and get Bingbong, Gubgub, or Pittypat to knock her up. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Well, The Last Resort is a bridge too far for me. Not interested in Grangie’s sex toys. Have a great week, everyone. I hope you won’t have any new secrets or surprises that you’ll need to share with the group. Ciao for now.

Same here. In fact, I heard and saw too much  🤢 in the minute before I turned my tv off.

Alright, folks, we made it through the hour without an argument breaking out! 🥰💃🏿 Have a good week, and see you all next time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wayne looks like his face has been carved from solid granite. 

I knew I saw that profile somewhere! (Fortunately before it collapsed) 

IMG_4825.jpeg

4 hours ago, Doublemint said:

So, they left Mother Holly alone in the unsafe house while they went to a "romantic" dinner that Wayne can't afford.  OK.

They have left her there alone every time they’ve gone anywhere! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1