Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Game Over

• Start Topic

I didn't love the fake outs and double fake outs in this one.  I did enjoy seeing some familiar faces in the episode though.

So did the mom die in the house or that was just a fake as well?  I wasn't paying 100% attention the whole time.

• Love 1

This was beyond unnecessary and pointless.  I thought the first two episodes worked okay as a stand-alone murder house story that wasn't trying to engage in it's entire past and history. but now we're pretending instead that the rest of the ghosts (not to mention Constance, or Billie Dean Howard) wouldn't show up/voice an opinion on the house being burned down?  The video game aspect also could have been really good but fell flat.  I guess this is officially the end of murder house though, which is fine.  I just wish they hadn't used time travel in Apocalypse to destroy the somewhat happy ending it got there.  Also, I'm really sick of the cliche dumb straight couple that we keep seeing over and over again; it's not funny or interesting.   

Season 2 needs to be better then this. 

Edited by Glade
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

So did the mom die in the house or that was just a fake as well?  I wasn't paying 100% attention the whole time.

No, the mom didn't die, it was all part of the video game.

I kind of liked the episode and couldn't decide if it was the best or the second best episode of the series after Ba'al.

I am not sure how the mom knew about all the recent ghosts in the house if she was just basing her game off of what occurred on the TV show. Did the mom actually secure the rights from the TV show to make her video game?

I am not sure why Scarlett can come and go as she pleases since her skinny girlfriend Ruby should not be able to protect her from every big bad ghost in the house.

Why would anybody live near the "Murder House" if every Halloween the ghosts leave the house and murder everybody they can get their hands on in the vicinity.

Nobody seems to even care that people are pouring out of a house that is supposed to be empty.

I am surprised the "Murder House" doesn't have better security, like a fence around it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Nobody seems to even care that people are pouring out of a house that is supposed to be empty.

This was my thought too.

But overall, this one confused the hell out of me. I have so many questions. Why would the mom dying be a part of the video game? Who the hell would care about that besides her son? Why is the whole condo story line in the game, even as an ending? That would be boring in a game, I would think. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, WednesdayAddams said:

Why is the whole condo story line in the game, even as an ending? That would be boring in a game, I would think. 

Maybe so she can make the sequel?

I don't know why Scarlett won't go ahead and die already and make the world a better place.

• Love 7

This was just really confusing, and not in a good way. So AHS exists as a show in this universe, but is also real because we saw the ball at the end? Or did none of that happen at all? I am fine with this not being cannon so that the somewhat happy ending of Murder House isn't totally ruined, but this was just so confusing. I guess Murder House isn't actually gone if it just happened in the game, so then why was the ghost ball still there? Did the game bring the ghosts out of the house? The murder house video game had potential, but the weird meta stuff just made everything needlessly complicated and in the end I don't think it even matters because I don't think any of it even happened. Maybe. It at least explains the even more nonsensical than usual behavior of the characters and the fact that the rest of the ghosts had no apparent reaction to the house burning down. 

That video game looked terrible anyway, if the mom created a whole video game where she dies and her son burns the house down so that they can hang out she really is messed up. Or else who would care about any of this? It was fun seeing some familiar faces again, especially Ben Harmon, but this was mostly just a mess.

• Love 2

I live an hour away from Cleveland, and have never visited Franklin Castle. I wonder if visitors are allowed. I haven't visited a castle since we left England. I looked it up, and it isn't open to the public.

This episode started up after I watched the AHS premiere. I can't believe this was given a second season. I like Mercedes Mason, it's nice to see her. 

Weird doesn't equal scary or horror. This morning, my husband and I woke up with the same earworm. That is not the making of a horror story unless it's a Wrath of Khan type of ear worm. Why do I continue to disappoint myself with this show?

• Love 1

This episode is pretty pointless, I thought. The only part I enjoyed was seeing some of the cast from the original "Murder House" season like Jamie Brewer and Dylan McDermott, who incidentally has aged quite a bit since. I thought Noah Cyrus looked great and wanted to see more of her character. Otherwise, a really lackluster episode. I think this and the previous one "Feral" are the weakest ones of the season for me.

• Love 1