Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: A Wedding, No Funeral and a Baby

• Start Topic

That's just not how it works. At all. 

Mel's pregnancy makes absolutely no sense unless she was pregnant with Jack's baby before she went to LA. And then in that case, the clinic would have given her a pregnancy test before implantation to confirm that she wasn't already pregnant - and she'd know who the father is. Unless of course the twist is that she didn't go through with implantation but slept with someone else. Then I suppose the show would actually surprise me. But I don't know that it's capable of that...

Otherwise, the IVF process takes weeks/months, not less than 48 hours from the call to make an appointment to the positive pregnancy test. 

This show is so frustrating with the timing of everything. All that crap doesn't happen in just 3-4 weeks. Season 2 was even worse. 

• Love 6

I’m hoping this is the end of the Hope character. The most unlikable awful sour human ever. No disrespect to O’Toole, I get she was just playing what they wrote but ugh Hope is awful and Doc deserves better. The rest of the stories: meh, kind of stupid the whole “I don’t know if it’s your baby because I impulsively on a day trip to LA decided to impregnate myself”, I mean, c’mon? The Preacher story was just bad, this guy was a Marine? I knew it was a set up from the word go. Charmaine marrying an obviously controlling abusive asshole fits, I guess. Will I watch next season? Of course! Hahahahahhaha! Oh Virgin River I just can quit you. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

A really really bad soap opera. They've thrown in  every soap opera twist, girl from the wrong side of the tracks get pregnant to mess up the golden couple, the good girl doesn't know who the baby daddy is, cancer, teenage angst and even Who shot JR. Only good thing about this series is the scenery.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 8/4/2021 at 4:52 PM, 65mickey said:

A really really bad soap opera.

I finally worked my way through to the end (one way to avoid the endless Christmas movies everywhere) and sheesh, what a mess!  I honestly don't care what happens to any of them at this point.

On 7/19/2021 at 1:53 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Otherwise, the IVF process takes weeks/months, not less than 48 hours from the call to make an appointment to the positive pregnancy test. 

BINGO!  As someone who went through the loooong, arduous process of IVF, this is not how it works at ALL.  She was in LA for a day or two at most.  She’d have to have been on meds prior to transfer and monitored.  Jack just dumped her like a day or two before she went to LA, so they can’t just say that she had been being monitored in _____River or Eureka.  Vials of blood, ordering from special pharmacies, marking sure the embryos thawed, etc etc etc.  It took me out of the whole episode.  

Also, I definitely didn’t need a cliffhanger for every freaking person.  Ugh.  

• Love 4
On 7/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, sadie said:

I’m hoping this is the end of the Hope character. The most unlikable awful sour human ever. No disrespect to O’Toole, I get she was just playing what they wrote but ugh Hope is awful and Doc deserves better. The rest of the stories: meh, kind of stupid the whole “I don’t know if it’s your baby because I impulsively on a day trip to LA decided to impregnate myself”, I mean, c’mon? The Preacher story was just bad, this guy was a Marine? I knew it was a set up from the word go. Charmaine marrying an obviously controlling abusive asshole fits, I guess. Will I watch next season? Of course! Hahahahahhaha! Oh Virgin River I just can quit you. 

Annette O'Toole is completely capable of playing a loving, caring character (anyone who watched Smallville would know that) but that's not what they wrote here at all which is why it's bizarre they seemed to have been pushing her as a surrogate mother figure to Mel. Like, why? 

Another why- seriously, Mel is supposed to be okay with Jack having kids with another woman but it's dramatic if Mel managed to have an embryo take from her dead husband's genetic material? Like, why? I don't get it. I really don't get why this would even be framed as a problem because they already have had these twins gestating in a never-ending pregnancy.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:24 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Wait, I thought Doc never had kids? How does he have a grandson? 

Is he a Vietnam vet?  That seems to be another cliche that they could add here. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2021 at 8:52 AM, sadie said:

Agreed! So many opportunities to get rid of Hope and she's still hanging on. UGH!!! Whoever came up with the Hope character should be fired. Hope is awful in every way - GO AWAY HOPE!!! Much better scenario would be to have knocked her off in the storm or the crash and then have Muriel and a few new women move to town and vie for his attention once he completes his sufficient "grieving" (although why he would miss Hope for a second requires some serious suspension of disbelief). She's horrid!!! Anyway, with Muriel and the new female characters you give more opportunities to older actresses and there is plenty of fodder for hijinks to ensue for a much more interesting storyline MINUS Hope. What once was a lovely word makes me cringe now thanks to that character.

• Love 1