Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: An Occurrence at Randall Kirby's Sink

• Start Topic

I hadn't even planned on watching this show because I thought it would make me too anxious, but not only did I get sucked into binging the first 3 episodes, I've now subscribed to yet another streaming service so I could see the rest.

Anyway, the directing in this episode (by Jennifer Morrison!) seemed much flashier than in the previous 3. It didn't all work for me, but I did like the ending with the time lapse of the Duntsch file getting gradually buried at the DA's office cutting to a flashback of Duntsch leaving for his first day at Baylor-Plano.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/25/2021 at 8:37 AM, krankydoodle said:

I've now subscribed to yet another streaming service so I could see the rest.

Anyway, the directing in this episode (by Jennifer Morrison!) seemed much flashier than in the previous 3. It didn't all work for me, but I did like the ending with the time lapse of the Duntsch file getting gradually buried at the DA's office cutting to a flashback of Duntsch leaving for his first day at Baylor-Plano.

Oh yes, I subscribed too!  I was going to write the same thing that this episode definitely had a different feel to it.  Between the surreal function for Duntsch to the Dallas style opening credits for the move into the new clinic.  

We know the new PA ends up being beloved by patients but she is a bit of a firecracker as presented here!  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/26/2021 at 9:49 AM, Kiki620 said:

We know the new PA ends up being beloved by patients but she is a bit of a firecracker as presented here!  

Isn't she Meryl Streep's daughter?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2021 at 1:49 PM, Kiki620 said:

I was going to write the same thing that this episode definitely had a different feel to it.  Between the surreal function for Duntsch to the Dallas style opening credits for the move into the new clinic.  

Yes it felt a bit jarringly different, especially the Dr. Death montage in the middle followed by the pseudo-French segment introducing Kim. But I too liked the bit with the neglected file. It was very effective. 

At this point, even though I've listened to the whole podcast and know the general sequence of events, they're jumping back and forth in time so much that I'm having trouble keeping places and cases straight in my mind. 

I did enjoy seeing Samir from Office Space in the fantasy sequence. 

• Love 2
On 8/20/2021 at 11:11 PM, Melina22 said:

Yes it felt a bit jarringly different, especially the Dr. Death montage in the middle followed by the pseudo-French segment introducing Kim. But I too liked the bit with the neglected file. It was very effective.  

I thought I hit something on the remote but couldn’t figure it out!  I was just about to get my 20yr old to come fix it (and of course deal w/the “you’re so old, Mom!”) when it stopped. Weird direction choice. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I didn't understand that choice. The Kim we meet in the pool/French segment is really hard to reconcile with PA Kim and Deposition Kim. From the way it started I thought her character would be showing up in stilettos and minis to work and be kind of a femme fatale. Instead, she was sort of just a plain, little boring, professional. 

• Love 2