Type keyword(s) to search

The Honorable Eric Brady Thread

• Start Topic

In one of those early pictures, when he's being portrayed by the Supernatural guy, he's romancing Nicole but it looks like he's making out with his mother Marlena.

That was before Ben came along, of course.

• LOL 4

Funny you should say that because there was one poorly-timed gif of Marlena kissing Eric goodbye before he went to jail that really made it look like they were pulling out of a liplock. I chose not to include it 😄

...I also learned that Greg V and Ali Sweeney starred opposite each other in a romantic TV movie. Can't imagine how awkward it would be to watch that!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I also learned that Greg V and Ali Sweeney starred opposite each other in a romantic TV movie. Can't imagine how awkward it would be to watch that!

OMG - yes, it's on Hallmark channel.  GV played a firefighter in that movie. I didn't watch it, but saw the blurb on my channel guide. And I too thought that must have been strange for the two actors to portray romantic partners!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

OMG - yes, it's on Hallmark channel.  GV played a firefighter in that movie. I didn't watch it, but saw the blurb on my channel guide. And I too thought that must have been strange for the two actors to portray romantic partners!

It's happened before. Jane Elliott and Wally Kurth played lovers on this show as Anjelica and Justin and, naturally, even had a kid together. Then they went on to play mother and son on General Hospital. I remember reading in soap mags how squicked out some viewers were for a while. Now they have played mother and son for eons longer than they did lovers.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

That movie was filmed before he came on DOOL as Eric.  I believe that GV found out that he got the role of Eric while filming of the movie.  I remember AS saying that it was a good thing they shot the movie before the show because it would've been really awkward had it been the reverse.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

It's happened before. Jane Elliott and Wally Kurth played lovers on this show as Anjelica and Justin and, naturally, even had a kid together. Then they went on to play mother and son on General Hospital. I remember reading in soap mags how squicked out some viewers were for a while. Now they have played mother and son for eons longer than they did lovers.

Justin and Anjelica were hot and in a another life, they would have been perfect together as a couple. I never understood why viewers were grossed out since they are actors and they are meant to transform into another person.  I never saw Justin and Anjelica on General Hospital, they were always Tracy and Ned..

• Love 3

Any guesses as to when he'll be back?

I figured he'd return for the big finale if the series was canceled, but now that we've got 2 more years, I doubt he's going to come back for Nicole in the next few weeks....

On 7/14/2021 at 4:14 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

I never saw a shred of chemistry between Jensen Ackles and Ari Zucker. Their version of Ericole never caught on with fans, so they made Nicole a bad girl. That’s when she got popular.

I was a kid at the time. I was watching the show but don't remember those years as well. It's interesting that two of the best looking actors who've ever been on Days didn't have chemistry. 

If memory serves me right, both AZ and JA were romantically involved as Nicole and Eric were paired up back then. The interactions between the two characters often fell short of the show's expectations but their intimate scenes were the total opposite of "underwhelming presence". On the other hand, Jensen came alive when he was in scenes with Julianne Morris's Greta, and that pairing made him popular among the viewers. Given JM's acting experience and charisma and her excellent chemistry with Matthew Ashford and Austin Peck, JA probably has learned a lot from her. It was such a shame TPTBs never brought Greta back because many viewers were unhappy when she was let go. 

Thank you for uploading the two Sarah/Eric pics. Greg V and Linsey G were very believable as an striking couple despite the ill-fated writing. They did a lot of intimate and cute scenes during the short-lived romance, and the writers possibly realized the noticeable chemistry between the two actors but was too late for any change in their decision.

Here is one Eric/Sarah gif, hopefully you don't me posting in this thread. 

SorrowfulEarnestArgali-size_restricted.g

Edited by Guest

Of course not! 😃 The more the merrier!

I really hate how Eric was written out. This quickie divorce from Nicole is so not him.

I wish we could have seen more of Ericole celebrating holidays together. Their "Grease" inspired Halloween costumes a few years ago were fun.

I didn't get into Sarah/Eric. They were too same-y...but definitely better than Jeneric. They would have been a horribly dull permanent couple.

I never saw him with Greta. Was she a princess?

9 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Thank you for uploading the two Sarah/Eric pics. Greg V and Linsey G were very believable as an striking couple despite the ill-fated writing. They did a lot of intimate and cute scenes during the short-lived romance, and the writers possibly realized the noticeable chemistry between the two actors but was too late for any change in their decision.

I adored Sarah and Eric together and their baby girl should have lived.  Ron is such a hack..

Sarah and Eric were both moral, good people. GREAT in real-life, terminally boring on a soap. ESPECIALLY since Eric constantly seemed like he was trying to be a Pope. Each needed someone with some spice.

That's why I think Sarah/Xander worked well.

And, while I had no investment in them at all, why someone like Nicole livened Eric up.

So I'm not sorry Sarah/Eric failed. (Plus, IMO, I don't think GV/LG had any chemistry. But to each their own!)

• Love 5
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sarah and Eric were both moral, good people. GREAT in real-life, terminally boring on a soap. ESPECIALLY since Eric constantly seemed like he was trying to be a Pope. Each needed someone with some spice.

Two good people can be good together on a soap. Bo/Hope, Roman/Marlena were very good in their original stories.  

I think Eric needed a heroine to sparkle and not a villainess or an anti-heroine like Nicole..

Edited by Pearson80
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Two good people can be good together on a soap. Bo/Hope, Roman/Marlena were very good in their original stories.  

I think Eric needed a heroine to sparkle and not a villainess or an anti-heroine like Nicole..

But Bo had an edge. And even OG Roman wasn't pious like his son.

Sarah/Eric were both edgeless and zzzzzzzzzzz as a pairing, with Eric the more grating of the two. (To me.) So I'm not surprised they didn't last.

• Love 3

I’m still not over that ridiculous scene when Eric went to prison and told Roman he wanted to get back to being the man Roman raised. Roman “died” when Eric was an infant. (Not his fault of course.) Rojohn raised the kids until they were preteens. When real Roman returned, he sent the twins to Colorado after less than a year. Sami came home a few months later and got about a year with Roman as a teen, but Eric stayed away for years and didn’t see Roman again until he was about 20. Roman was there for less than a year of Eric’s childhood no matter how you measure it, and no matter how sympathetic you are to Roman for being a victim of circumstance.

There’s so much emphasis on Sami/Carrie’s relationship with John but Eric apparently lived an alternate childhood where Roman didn’t “die” and then vanish into the ISA abyss?

It would be interesting if the show linked Eric’s fear of commitment to Nicole and habit of running away to Africa to the childhood craziness he pretends never happened.

Edited by Panopticon
  • Love 4
On 9/22/2021 at 1:45 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Of course not! 😃 The more the merrier!

I really hate how Eric was written out. This quickie divorce from Nicole is so not him.

I wish we could have seen more of Ericole celebrating holidays together. Their "Grease" inspired Halloween costumes a few years ago were fun.

I didn't get into Sarah/Eric. They were too same-y...but definitely better than Jeneric. They would have been a horribly dull permanent couple.

I never saw him with Greta. Was she a princess?

Yes she was since shew as Princess Gina's daughter but they never revealed who her dad was. I also liked Greta she and Jack were a great friendship (also with Jennifer too) and I liked Austin/Greta they were sweet without being too saccharine.

Eric/Greta was the best pairing JA's Eric had but oddly enough I actually liked Eric/Nicole more when JA played him probably because his Eric wasn't as pious and didn't have illusions about Nicole despite being against most of her actions like GV"s Eric. I did think they had better chemistry when Eric cheated on Greta with Nicole though. Nicole at that point was a far better character than the chick who was a waitress at the Java Cafe with a past she tried to hide.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eric/Greta was the best pairing JA's Eric had but oddly enough I actually liked Eric/Nicole more when JA played him probably because his Eric wasn't as pious and didn't have illusions about Nicole despite being against most of her actions like GV"s Eric. I did think they had better chemistry when Eric cheated on Greta with Nicole though. Nicole at that point was a far better character than the chick who was a waitress at the Java Cafe with a past she tried to hide.

I love your post and it is so true.  The first Eric teamed up with Kristen to keep John and Marlena apart so he was not above scheming and lying to get his way.  It is why he and Sami worked as twins.  He loved Sami but was not above calling her out, it is why he teamed up with Carrie to expose Sami's lies regarding Will's paternity.  

I loved Eric and Greta, they had potential to be a supercouple, their chemistry was awesome, if only they had a writing team to write for them. I also loved Eric and Nicole but I never saw them as soulmates in their original run.  

9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I’m still not over that ridiculous scene when Eric went to prison and told Roman he wanted to get back to being the man Roman raised. Roman “died” when Eric was an infant. (Not his fault of course.) Rojohn raised the kids until they were preteens. When real Roman returned, he sent the twins to Colorado after less than a year. Sami came home a few months later and got about a year with Roman as a teen, but Eric stayed away for years and didn’t see Roman again until he was about 20. Roman was there for less than a year of Eric’s childhood no matter how you measure it, and no matter how sympathetic you are to Roman for being a victim of circumstance.

Eric had a bad reaction when he was told that Rojohn was not his father and that he had to go live with his "real" father Roman.  For some reason the show never likes to reference John's years as Roman and those were his best years in my opinion.  Rojohn was so much better than John who became an idiot in order to fall for Kristen's pregnancy lies.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It would have been so nice if Eric had stayed. Even if all he and Nic did was hang around town as a stable "dull" couple that would be refreshing. Salem has so few of those.

And now they're trying to make me think she's into Rafe 🙄

• Love 1