Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Devil's Deal

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, paigow said:

Holiday for The Batch... Hera had a really heavy accent when she was younger... she must have lost it hanging out with CalebKanan for so many years.

Its true to life. One of my favorite Rebels moments is when Hera's reunited with her dad and she and him and have an argument in private and her real accent slips out.

It was great seeing her and Chopper and I loved the scene where she and Omega talked.

• Love 5

Hera’s Mom! And now we know her name, Eleni! Quite the rebel herself. I loved her gently scolding Hera for spying and then giving up that she knew where she was and wanted to know what Hera saw.

I’m surprised by Cham and his willingness to making the Devil’s Deal with the empire. I’m guessing his arc is going to set up his Rebels arc and his fight against the Empire.

Loved seeing pre-Rebels Hera and Chopper. I can’t wait to see her take flight in the next episode, its totally going to be her and Omega in a ship. I wonder if we’re going to see The Ghost soon too?

I liked that this episode was set-up. Definitely love that we’re seeing Ryloth just moments before the Empire’s occupation of the planet. I was surprised that we got Kanan episode one, and now the Syndullas. Is 99 going to be on Lasan too (that one shouldn’t happen for awhile though)? The world’s smallest galaxy.

• Love 3

Hera!!! I don't care about all the rumblings about small galaxies and coincidences - it's Hera!!! I was hoping that Disney would switch her for Cara Dune in 'Rebels of the New Republic' and then it got cancelled. But this is just as good - we will definitely see her and Omega in a ship soon. It's probably too early for the 'Ghost' to make an appearance though. Of course the idea that flying can be a feeling is too much for poor Tech LOL!

Oh, Crosshair - if only you knew where that tracker of yours went and who it met!

I love how the show keeps providing backstory and fills out gaps on what happened after the Empire had been established.

And the shot of the clouds before the ship dived into the canyon was stunning!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Hera!!! I don't care about all the rumblings about small galaxies and coincidences - it's Hera!!! I was hoping that Disney would switch her for Cara Dune in 'Rebels of the New Republic' and then it got cancelled. But this is just as good - we will definitely see her and Omega in a ship soon. It's probably too early for the 'Ghost' to make an appearance though. Of course the idea that flying can be a feeling is too much for poor Tech LOL!

Honestly, if they did it well, a Mom Squad with Hera leading it would probably make the Star Wars fandom explode-finally a Star Wars show where the Moms survive?? Sign me up. Without going into a Rebel’s rabbit hole, I want her with Sabine and Ahsoka finding Ezra. If Disney’s plan for all the shows to crossover, then I agree, give Hera a show.

I thought the Ghost was from Ryloth, but Hera being wowed by Omega actually living on Havoc Marauder, I agree with you @MissLucas, its probably too early for The Ghost to appear. It seems like Hera has never seen a ship people live in before.

I actually love the smallest galaxy joke-gives me hope that we’ll see some of the crew of Ghost on Andor. I squealed so LOUD when I realized we were getting Hera AND Chopper. I just want more Rebels content.

Chopper, by the way, was credited as himself. That also made me laugh.

• Love 3
(edited)
29 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Sign me up. Without going into a Rebel’s rabbit hole, I want her with Sabine and Ahsoka finding Ezra. 

I don't know about Hera, but I definitely expect Sabine to show up on Ahsoka's show. She's still after Thrawn and the last time we saw her before the Mandalorian, she left with Sabine for the quest for Ezra. Sabine better still be around! 

I try to view this episode as someone who does not know Hera. I guess Omega is the key - the two bonding and geeking out over the marauder was such a great scene. Otherwise this episode must have been a bit odd with the main characters showing in pretty late and only being on screen for a couple of minutes. 

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

Honestly, if they did it well, a Mom Squad with Hera leading it would probably make the Star Wars fandom explode-finally a Star Wars show where the Moms survive?? Sign me up. Without going into a Rebel’s rabbit hole, I want her with Sabine and Ahsoka finding Ezra.

All the Sabine exposition in the Rebels finale made it clear that Hera was not helping to look for Ezra. If Hera got a spinoff, it would be a Modern Family sitcom as single Mom + Crusty Uncle Rex raising her Jedi son

• Love 1

Oh I know according to Sabine, Hera was off raising her son at the end of Rebels. Its just hard to believe after seasons of the Crew of the Ghost saving each other, they would just stop.

So Gobi called Cid and therefore 99 for weapons, I wonder who else knows how to contact for help. We might get Crosshair vs 99 again next week.

• Love 1

As someone who has seen most of The Clone Wars (just starting season seven) but none of Rebels, this episode was both confusing and boring. Who are these people? Why should I care about them? Where's the Bad Batch (and Omega/Omeega)? 

I hope this is a one shot and not an arc. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, j5cochran said:

As someone who has seen most of The Clone Wars (just starting season seven) but none of Rebels, this episode was both confusing and boring. Who are these people? Why should I care about them? Where's the Bad Batch (and Omega/Omeega)? 

I hope this is a one shot and not an arc. 

Cham Syndulla and Senator Taa showed up in Clone Wars, which had several episodes taking place on Ryloth in season one and three. Hera is one of the lead characters in Rebels and that is her origin story. They won't leave her plot dangling unresolved like this, so there's going to be an arc. But I doubt it's going to last for three episodes à la Clone Wars.

For better or worse Filoni likes to tie together characters from different shows/movies to create an interconnected narrative. Plenty of examples over the past episodes starting with the pilot. Granted none of these were given so much screen-time.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MissLucas said:

For better or worse Filoni likes to tie together characters from different shows/movies to create an interconnected narrative. 

Since Omega and The Batch were never mentioned in Rebels, there will undoubtedly be a sad reason why Omega & Hera never stayed BFF 

• Love 1

I admit I spent the first half of the episode squealing over young Hera while my son gave me strange looks. Then the Bad Batch showed up, and I remembered it was their show. Then I went back to squealing over Hera.

I should probably rewatch the episode. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It really is a small galaxy isn't it? I guess its...The Force? Is that not how The Force works? 

It was so cool seeing Hera and some of her backstory, plus some bonus Chopper! Its been so long since I saw Rebels, this actually made me think about doing a re-watch then see this one again. I really do enjoy the continuity that has been built throughout the various Star Wars shows, it does make it feel like a full universe. 

I can imagine that if you haven't seen Rebels this is a bit confusing, but even then I would hope you might like the stuff with Omega having a cute bonding session with some cool lady, like when Ahsoka showed up on The Mandalorian for an episode. I hope that any casual viewer would have followed things pretty well and liked her just fine as a guest character, while someone who has seen Clone Wars, like me, got a really big fangirl squee out of seeing her again. 

• Love 2