Type keyword(s) to search

BB Anticipation: New Season, New Houseguests

• Start Topic

First impressions:

• We have an America, a Red, a Blue, but no White? Oh, wait— that’s Cory. Vanilla as they come.
  • America wants to be Rachel so, so bad.
  • Hisam: Very intense. Relax, dude, it’s just a game.
  • Jag: Representing as the house’s first Sikh is great. Giving off major Paul vibes is not so great. A self described “charismatic” “secret genius” is not who I want to see. Next.
  • Luke: Looks like a Kyle, thinks he can win by playing a “himbo”. Only if he can last a few seconds more than the OG. (And leaves the white hood at home.) I’m not nearly as impressed with him as he is with himself.
  • Blue: Fills my insta pre-hate slot for the season.
  • Matt: Seems to be filling production’s Tyler/Travis spot, with a deaf twist. I liked Travis, so I’m not predisposed to hate. Let’s hope he can tell the difference between “six” and “sex”.
  • Red: Giving major Donnie vibes. Endearing or annoying? Too soon to tell.
  • Jared: My enduring love for Cirie will give him a generous pass. He also seems charming, so he may not even need one.
  • Bowie: I like the Aussie energy, but she is giving me BB24 Nicole vibes, so she’s almost certain to be a disappointment.
  • Felicia: Love the inclusion of a 60+ year old. Not loving the pre-cranky energy (“those messy kids are gonna drive me crazy!”). Also, news flash: to a 25-year-old, anything over 40 is ancient. Telling them you’re 50 rather than 60 is not going to make you look like a fresh and vibrant peer. You’re a mom figure, so be a mom figure. Just don’t tell them to clean their rooms.
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

So, we get a good glimpse of the house (sans bathroom). I will say, the house at least looks more interesting this time around. They also added another bedroom (I assume where the gym/lounge used to be?) so more places to sleep for the houseguests. 

Some new additions include a one way message chute from producers to houseguests, presumably to accommodate for Matt so he doesn't miss out on specific announcements (though for specific announcements, it's usually done via a written message so how is this going to be used in a way that makes sense?)

It seems like there could be a potential teams twist (the reiteration from Julie about split house/split lightning bolt entering another multiverse) but it's unclear.

Upside Down room looks cool. Comic room looks like it'll be a pain to sleep in because of the bright colours. I'm digging the hospital room, though.

HOH is about the same, but I will say that I love the half circle couch.

Cirie is my all time favorite Survivor US so I hope Jared inherited her game chops. Looking forward to another 100 days of whackadoodles. It better have been worth the wait. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lots of spec that Danielle/Brittany/Frankie will actually be playing and/or be coaches/team leaders. Personally, I despise this idea.

Yeah, Overwhelming No to that. I would enjoy seeing Britney as an embedded reporter in the house just so she can give us more fabulous DRs as she snarks on everybody else, but not as a factor in the actual gameplay. Throw in Frankie and that's a deal-breaker. Stop giving him oxygen, CBS! Let him be Ariana's problem alone.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lots of spec that Danielle/Brittany/Frankie will actually be playing and/or be coaches/team leaders. Personally, I despise this idea.

I’m fine with 2/3 of that idea.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

Throw in Frankie and that's a deal-breaker.

I can take Frankie for one episode, but if he's going to be a regular houseguest, I will have to rethink my plans to watch the show.  I can't take Frankie for another whole season.

• Like 3

I figured that the whole season would have former HGs showing up, either in person or via video, to host comps and events as a "twist". At least until they realize that no one cares and their twist fizzled like all the other twists before it and then they pull a Jaida Essence Hall.
24a8b08b2e4f9384ad0f5fd848d7cc58.gif

THEY PROMISED ME AN ALL NEWBIE CAST, DAMN IT. I HAVE A GIFT RECEIPT FOR FRANKIE GRANDE AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT! (He's only worth $1.25 CAD, it'll cost me more in gas to exchange him for a Mr. Pectacular.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Now the spec is apparently that Cirie is on. Which, please no. I've watched Cirie play 6 different reality TV game show seasons, it's enough!

I think it would be too much to have Jared AND Cirie on, so I hope it's more that she's just in the audience or something. 

It would also hinder Jared's game and paint a bigger target on his back if his mom is on. 

• Like 1

I love Cirie, but yeah, no, save her for the inevitable season where BB, Survivor, and Race do full cast swaps. 

Still enjoying the optimism of a fresh, interesting-looking cast, knowing that I'll hate several of them in a month and be bored to death in three. Also, the HoH bed has an angry face and I can't unsee it.

angryface.thumb.jpg.a39b0e7f0534bdd92414f15aea1a7a0a.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

I’m very excited for tonight; other than reading what people have said here I am going in blind.

I did hear about the three returnees (thanks to Janelle on Twitter X) and would be happy to never see Frankie OR Britney again.

For the premiere I am bringing ants, a healthy sense of self-loathing, and a watermelon.

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 2