Type keyword(s) to search

Cashing In: CSI: Vegas in the Media

• Start Topic

On 12/15/2022 at 12:18 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

😘😘😘

CSI: Vegas: Another Original Cast Member Set to Return in Season 2

TVLine has learned that original CSI cast member Eric Szmanda is set to reprise his role as Greg Sanders during the latter half of CSI: Vegas‘ current second season. His multi-episode guest stint will reunite him with his aforementioned former co-star Marg Helgenberger.

I think that this is great! 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

CSI: Vegas: Jay Lee Previews Chris’s Side Hustle & Praises Legacy Actors

Can you give us any hints on when Greg Sanders is coming back?

I probably can't say, but I will say that when Eric and I first worked together, it felt like a reunion from my past life, knowing that he and Jorja Fox have remained pals and are good friends.

Jorja and I go surfing together, and she speaks so highly of him, so it's good to meet him in person finally. But aside from that, I probably shouldn't reveal his return date.

How many more episodes of CSI: Vegas do we have?

We're going to have 21 episodes total for the season. So, this Thursday is episode 10. So we've got 11 episodes for the rest of this season.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 12/15/2022 at 9:18 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

😘😘😘

CSI: Vegas: Another Original Cast Member Set to Return in Season 2

TVLine has learned that original CSI cast member Eric Szmanda is set to reprise his role as Greg Sanders during the latter half of CSI: Vegas‘ current second season. His multi-episode guest stint will reunite him with his aforementioned former co-star Marg Helgenberger.

288FC2D1-183C-4400-ABAF-58A7D0CBA3F6.jpeg

This is great! I just caught up on the last two episodes, and Greg's name was dropped by CSI Chris. It seems Chris is a fan, so it's nice to see they will meet. I wonder what Greg is doing now.

Greg is one of the CSIs I liked from the original series. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

‘CSI: Vegas’ Boss Teases Season 2 Finale ‘Couldn’t Be More Personal’

Will this spring’s finale (airing May 18) similarly set up a multi-episode case for next year?

“It’s a little different,” Tracey said. “We’re going to ramp to a very personal place at the end of this season. It’s a little bit less a puzzle box and a lot of moody speculation about a big case and it’s a lot more with our characters. What you’ll find with the finale is it couldn’t be more personal.”

CSI: Vegas Season 2 Report Card: Best and Worst Storyline, Best New Addition, and More

Best Storyline - The Search for Grace

Worst Storyline - The Josh, Allie, and Serena Love Triangle

Best Episode - Tied between Koala (S02E04) and The Promise (S02E17)

Weirdest Case - Burned (S02E07)

Best Character Development - Josh Folsom

Character Who Deserved Better - Beau Finado

Best Return - Catherine Willows

Wasted Return - Greg Sanders

Best New Addition - Dr. Milton Hudson

Best Performance - Paula Newsome

CBS ‘Spoils’ 15 Premieres, Including Final Runs of Blue Bloods, Bob Hearts Abishola, S.W.A.T. and Young Sheldon

Premiere Date: Sunday, Feb. 18 at 10 pm

“The Reaper” – With their respected colleague Josh Folsom under arrest for the death of Kahn Schefter – the man responsible for killing Folsom’s mother – the CSI team combs through every crumb of forensic evidence to determine his innocence or guilt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15+ Broadcast-TV Series Have Yet to Be Renewed — Which Do You Most Want Saved? Vote Here!

CSI: Vegas (CBS)

The Case to Keep: For the first two seasons, we tuned in to catch up with a few old CSI pals. Now we’re actively watching because we care about Max, Josh, Aly and the gang.

The Case to Cut: Though the move to Sunday means its audience has never been bigger, it is still the least-watched drama on America’s Most-Watched Network.

Officially cancelled ☹️ I’m not surprised, but I was holding out hope that maybe they’d get another half season in the fall. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like we haven’t really gone anywhere this season and getting things wrapped up in 3-4 episodes doesn’t seem like it will be satisfying 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

I'm sorry it's been cancelled, but so far season 3 has been such a disappointment, I'm not as sorry as I would have been a year ago.  I just hope they haven't left it on another cliffhanger.

• Like 3

I haven't watched this iteration of CSI at all.  I stopped warching when Ted Danson came on board.  Like most of CBS shows, they're following the "new rules" and not surprised that this show has been axed. 

(edited)

Marg Helgenberger reacts to the cancellation and shares message for fans.

I’m gonna miss my partners in crime solving. CSI:VEGAS, unfortunately, has been cancelled.

Each & every person involved with the making of this series brought their A game each & every day. It was truly a pleasure & honor to work/play alongside such a fun & talented company of story tellers. Immeasurable thanks & gratitude to all for making this experience such a memorable ride. 

And to all the fans; we did it all for you. ❤️

image_6483441.JPG

Source - IG

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 4

Aww, this is too bad. I have the feeling it’s on the bubble after it was moved to Sundays, and with so many procedurals right now, it just didn’t stand out, even for nostalgia purposes.

Sad we didn’t even get to see what Nick Stokes is up to now. I know there was a throwaway line in S1 that he’s in LA(?), but at least make up a story that will bring him to Vegas.

• Like 1
On 4/20/2024 at 2:21 PM, Ceindreadh said:

I just hope they haven't left it on another cliffhanger.

I think they did. CBS released synopses of final episodes for all their series. Here's the one for CSI: Vegas (under the spoiler tag). May 19th. 

Spoiler

After an explosion in a bio lab, the CSI team races to determine which nerve agent left one of their own unconscious, while the others explore a dangerous underground tunnel to find another CSI who got kidnapped during the blast.

Certainly sounds like it can't be finished in the hour to me.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
(edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 11:40 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Ugh, out of all the things to “wrap up” before its finale, I have zero interest in the Josh/Allie storyline. They tried to recreate the Sarah-Grissom storyline and it just sucked! Allie was annoying, and Josh was too brooding. 

I’d rather see Penny and Jack’s wedding.

One of the previously unsolved cases, that I personally would like to see revisited, was that of Catherine’s ex-husband’s homicide. I thought that case would have been nice to actually get its own episode, rather than stashed with another Lady Heather case. The ending where Sara just sorts of throws her hands in the air and gives up seemed abrupt, and highly unusual to me.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 1

Well that's disappointing. Seems like a lot of the shows that I watch on regular broadcast TV are getting cancelled despite decent ratings. I know the networks complain that viewership overall is down, but when they keep cancelling shows that do decently in the ratings, it makes it hard to invest in new shows. It's like they are pushing us to streaming platforms or to just not watch at all. 

• Like 4