Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Encore

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With the Sidestep now in their name, Walker, Stella and August put their stamp on the place. Liam turns to Bonham for advice on a career move. Micki and Trey work through the aftermath of his injuries after the hurricane. Stella confronts Clint about Trevor and his response prompts Stella to make a dangerous decision that will leave a permanent mark on the Walker family.

Airdate: 05/06/2021

I don't think I'm into the whole Romeo and Juliet thing.  And what kind of father has his son beat up for being disloyal?  

I don't think I even understood the instrument stealing case.  And  Walker fangirling over the suspect was annoying.  the singer was a thief and now isn't?  Is that right?

And just trey and August finished the restaurant in time even though the original plan called for Walker, Micki and Stella to all be helping?

And Walker had his grand opening the same night Liam announced his candidacy?  Was that planned?  the other guy hough hey were going to endorse him, right?  

• Love 1

I was confused by the singer thing as well, but if I was understanding it correctly, she was likely behind the original crimes that Micki couldn't prove (thanks in part to her former asshole boss), but these current crimes were actually the singer's protege on his own?  And it sounded like by helping them out, she is no longer going to be potentially prosecuted for the original crimes?  Also, it sounded like her reasons where some kind of Robin Hood like "stealing instruments that rich people weren't using, so that they can be sold and help out the needy" thing, which is why Micki suddenly was coming around towards her at the end.  The whole thing was kind of a mess, but the actress playing the singer was fun at least.  Plus, I did find Walker fanboying over her to be amusing.  He can be such a dork at times!

You know, Clint, it's hard to sympathize with your whole "Walker took away my family!" thing, when you actually send men to beat the shit out of (or worse?) your son, simply because he fell for a girl and didn't want to go for your whole "Kill her father!" revenge plan.  That said, it is foolish of Stella to not clue in her dad about all of this and now run off with Trevor.

Holy crap, Trey is actually not completely 100% after that concussion episodes ago!  Can't believe they're actually not going to have him magically cured already.  Realism out of nowhere!

Liam is now running for D.A. and will be going against this Stan guy we've seen every now and then, which explains why they bothered to get someone like Jeffrey Nordling to play him.  Did like Bonham's support and, naturally, his atypical way of answering questions ("Hey, why did grandpa lose his governor race?"  "Well, son, grandpa was kind of crazy...")

Hoyt is already being released from jail?  He must have gotten one hell of a deal for helping out with the case.  Time for some love triangle drama, I guess.

• Love 3

I'm having trouble caring about either of the Walker kids at this point.  Neither one seems to have the sense they should have been born with.  Augie endangers his father by messing with stuff from an undercover case and then exacerbates it even more by supposedly confronting him.  Stella is a plain brat with delusions of Romeo and Juliet, getting her best friend in trouble and blaming everything on her father.  Someone forgot to explain to these kids that their father has a job that can be dangerous and that he can't explain everything to them.  I know that they want this to be a family oriented show but I'm very tempted to fast forward thru all of the idiot kid scenes.

When they were creating that wall of memories in the bar I couldn't help thinking that someone was going to steal some of it since none of it was secured in any way. 

• Love 3

Stella is an idiot. For sneaking onto the ranch and for confronting Clint. The man is dangerous. And where is this stuff about both parents having equal fault in "breaking" things coming from? Walker was just doing his job. What the hell is Clint's excuse?

I hope that in addition to the Liam running for DA story line they have him reconciling with fiancé as well.     

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, wlk68 said:

And where is this stuff about both parents having equal fault in "breaking" things coming from? Walker was just doing his job. What the hell is Clint's excuse?

And while Walker isn't father of the year, he doesn't beat his kids or try to get them to help him settle vendettas, or purposely put them in harm's way.

39 minutes ago, wlk68 said:

Stella is an idiot. For sneaking onto the ranch and for confronting Clint. The man is dangerous. 

So dangerous that they let him out to work on a ranch with no signs of guards anywhere around.  He's wearing chains, but he's on a ranch with tools and stuff.  Can he seriously not escape? He is such a slacker.  And then he basically tells Stella he'll either have her or her father killed if she tells her dad about this conversation because his reach is long.  If he could do that, why wouldn't Walker be dead already? Or heck, those aforementioned chains would work great for strangling Stella who is currently right in front of you.  

• Love 3

The Micki and Walker plot was fun, if a bit confusing. So I guess the singer used to lead a ring of young thieves who stole fancy instruments from rich people who bought instruments as a status symbol and not to play and she gave them or the proceeds from selling them to struggling artists and kids who didn't have access to nice instruments, but now that she is more successful she has retired? So she was behind the original crimes but not this one, and is now out of the business? Confusing, but I really like Micki and Walker solving a more low stakes case and the actress playing the singer was good and had a really nice voice. I found Walker going all fanboy over the singer to be really funny, especially after he has dealt with so much angst so far, its nice to see him really excited. His giant heart eyes whenever he was watching the singer and his over the top laughs at every joke she made were hilarious, what a goober. 

Stella is an idiot and a half, who goes off to confront the dangerous criminal who hates your family and sent his son to try and get an in with you as part of a revenge scheme against your dad? This is clearly a really bad guy, and she is off seeking him out? She is just super excited about this whole Romeo and Juliette thing, so excited that she is messing with very dangerous people and isn't telling her dad about the people who are out to get their family. Why are they running off again? Shouldn't they be talking to Walker and getting Trevor some protecting from his horrible father who is sending guys after him? Oh right, Stella wants her Romeo and Juliette fantasy so now Walker and Clint are both equally at fault for all of this, even if that is blatantly a false equivalency. While I don't think we really know the full details of what happened with Clint's wife, I am sure that he is greatly overselling how much Walker is to blame. Walker was doing his job bringing down a criminal ring, Clint is a sketchy as hell career criminal who uses his son in his revenge plots and tries to hurt him when he doesn't want to commit cold blooded murder. I think one dad is just slightly more to blame for the situation. 

Liam running for DA could be interesting, and I liked all of the talks between Liam and Bonham. Bonham isn't the sort to talk a lot about feelings, but its clear how much he loves and supports his family. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

. . . what a goober. 

He really is.  I personally wish they'd tone the gooberism down a little bit.  Most adults I know who work jobs with as much weight as a Texas Rangers have a lot more self-control.  It's kind of necessary.  Walker exhibits very little, except for maybe when he was undercover.

I'm with everybody else who is tired of Stella making such stupid choices.  I was surprised at how much I liked the character in the beginning when she was angry and fed up with her father.  Now I just want Walker to lock her in her room until she's 21.  

• Love 4

I don’t know... I’m so tired of Stella that I’m kind of hoping their Romeo and Juliet thing turns out the way Romeo and Juliet actually turned out. Then we won’t have to deal with her stupidity any more.

• Love 2

I was glad there was confirmation that Trevor didn't just get with Stella by chance. Because I'd been thinking that was too much of a coincidence.

It seems Clint is a coward and sends other people out to do the dirty work.

I don't think Liam running for D.A. and the opening of the bar took place at the same time. The candidacy thing looked like it was talking place in the middle of the afternoon., but it was at least daylight.

• Love 1

Another meh the episode to the point where it made me mad, especially the ending. 

Stella is STUPID, teenagers are dumb, but like what did she think was going happen by talking to Clint and went looking for Trevor BECAUSE HELLO CLINT IS A BAD MAN he LITERALLY THREATENED HER, Walker and the rest of her family, saying that he has FAR reaches, then more bad guys FOLLOWED her and had Trevor beaten up, I’m NOT about this whole Romeo and Juliet thing, especially when they know very little about each other, other then what happened between their dads and running away will NOT solve anything, it’ll make things worse! 

The case of the week was also meh, the kid Rex was easily caught, but Crystal Monee Hall aka Minnie James is a wonderful singer, and Walker was an utter goober around Minnie, but it was nice to see Micki and Walker working a case. 

I liked the conversation between Bonham and Liam, you can tell that Bonham loves his kids and also NO ONE likes a dude name STAN and I liked the SPN reference of Robert Johnson’s crossroads deal. 

The only realistic thing about the episode was that they didn’t brush off Trey’s injuries. 

Not a good cliffhanger, I’m glad Hoyt is coming back, and boy the justice system works quickly in Austin, I wanna move there! Lol *

Yes, the teenage angst is boring me, but I suppose the CW wants what it knows.  I enjoyed the originality of the Minnie Jayne storyline, and she is a fabulous singer.  What I would really love is a good, juicy crime to solve that lasts more than one episode (and doesn’t involve Emily’s death).  And Bonham is still my MVP 🥰

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Yes, the teenage angst is boring me, but I suppose the CW wants what it knows.  I enjoyed the originality of the Minnie Jayne storyline, and she is a fabulous singer.  What I would really love is a good, juicy crime to solve that lasts more than one episode (and doesn’t involve Emily’s death).  And Bonham is still my MVP 🥰

I’m over the teen angst, Stella is at fault for going to talk to a CRIMINAL in the first place, she can’t blame her dad who did his job as an undercover ranger, he hid his Duke persona for a reason, but again August and Stella shouldn’t of been digging into their fathers’s work stuff. 

I’m just having a really hard time overall with this show, and I want to like it because I like the actors, but UGH. 

• Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 9:03 AM, tennisgurl said:

The Micki and Walker plot was fun, if a bit confusing. So I guess the singer used to lead a ring of young thieves who stole fancy instruments from rich people who bought instruments as a status symbol and not to play and she gave them or the proceeds from selling them to struggling artists and kids who didn't have access to nice instruments, but now that she is more successful she has retired? So she was behind the original crimes but not this one, and is now out of the business? Confusing, but I really like Micki and Walker solving a more low stakes case and the actress playing the singer was good and had a really nice voice. I found Walker going all fanboy over the singer to be really funny, especially after he has dealt with so much angst so far, its nice to see him really excited. His giant heart eyes whenever he was watching the singer and his over the top laughs at every joke she made were hilarious, what a goober. 

Stella is an idiot and a half, who goes off to confront the dangerous criminal who hates your family and sent his son to try and get an in with you as part of a revenge scheme against your dad? This is clearly a really bad guy, and she is off seeking him out? She is just super excited about this whole Romeo and Juliette thing, so excited that she is messing with very dangerous people and isn't telling her dad about the people who are out to get their family. Why are they running off again? Shouldn't they be talking to Walker and getting Trevor some protecting from his horrible father who is sending guys after him? Oh right, Stella wants her Romeo and Juliette fantasy so now Walker and Clint are both equally at fault for all of this, even if that is blatantly a false equivalency. While I don't think we really know the full details of what happened with Clint's wife, I am sure that he is greatly overselling how much Walker is to blame. Walker was doing his job bringing down a criminal ring, Clint is a sketchy as hell career criminal who uses his son in his revenge plots and tries to hurt him when he doesn't want to commit cold blooded murder. I think one dad is just slightly more to blame for the situation. 

Liam running for DA could be interesting, and I liked all of the talks between Liam and Bonham. Bonham isn't the sort to talk a lot about feelings, but its clear how much he loves and supports his family. 

"And but thou love me, let them find me here.

My life were better ended by their hate

Than death proroguèd, wanting of thy love." -Romeo and  Juliet.

I think it is sweet, dangerous and thrilling. But, then, I adore Shakespeare and the 1968 Zeffirelli Romeo and Juliet.

The case was fun and Walker was adorable.