Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Walden Pond, a Staycation and the Axis Powers

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Didn’t Darlene say she took her work with her to this pool?  Even if hotel pools in Illinois were open ( trust me, they are not), having sat by the side  a few indoor pool areas, it’s pretty hot and humid.  Not the place to be working on your laptop. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
On 3/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, t7686 said:

One of them would have read Walden or at the very least not be acting like reading of any kind is the worst thing ever 🙄I hate all of them lol.

Not only did they profess not reading it, they reveled in the fact, they celebated being ignorant and uncultured.

As if the one thing they fear above all is doing somenting that is associated with some sort of elite, whereas they are supposed to be "typical" middle-class and reading a classic book is somehow un-American.

Which may well be how the writers really view working-class people.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Didn’t Darlene say she took her work with her to this pool?  Even if hotel pools in Illinois were open ( trust me, they are not), having sat by the side  a few indoor pool areas, it’s pretty hot and humid.  Not the place to be working on your laptop. 

pools in Illinois are open - of course not outdoor ones, but indoor ones are open with capacity levels.  They're allowed to be open, by IDPH, but many hotels have opted to just keep them closed so they don't have to monitor the capacity.

• Love 2

Y'all summed this up expertly, this show is really jumping the shark episode by episode. Covid is a prop in this show, and a terrible one at that. The acting is getting super rough as well, and character motivations are iffy at best. 

• Love 7

Darlene: "Oh, I am so stressed. The best way to unwind is to go to a humid germ factory known as an indoor pool and fall asleep in a chair."  How 'bout a walk in the woods or beside a lake? The writers keep trying to portray Darlene as intelligent, but I have yet to see her do anything remotely intelligent.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

Darlene: "Oh, I am so stressed. The best way to unwind is to go to a humid germ factory known as an indoor pool and fall asleep in a chair."  How 'bout a walk in the woods or beside a lake? The writers keep trying to portray Darlene as intelligent, but I have yet to see her do anything remotely intelligent.

We didn't actually see Darlene poolside.  Maybe she is cheating on Ben again and made up a cover story for when her hookup tested positive.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

On 3/25/2021 at 12:32 AM, Bastet said:

Seriously:  "My girlfriend has COVID, and my daughter may have given it to her"?  Yeah, as could any one of you, because you are all idiots; it's lucky you're not all sick.  I know losing Roseanne affects Dan's mindset, but this was some crap.

And when he knocks on her door with the groceries, the first thing he does is take his mask off...after saying at the restaurant that he'd be fine taking care of her because he'd be wearing a mask.

On 3/25/2021 at 12:26 PM, greekmom said:

Mark is suppose to do an assignment but expects his mom to read the book as well? I mean wouldn't it be more prudent to have Mark read the book and get some online assistance from his teacher and/or google?  What was Darlene suppose to do? Write his paper?

And he only had to write 500 words? That's...not a lot.

7 hours ago, MarthaEllisanne said:

Or she could just go home and take a bubble bath because everybody's at the restaurant!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, hurrrz said:

I really wonder how the writers room for this show is looking like. This is just sloppy writing at this point. 

When I think of the really brilliant writing on the original show and compare them to what we have now, I could cry.

• Love 8