Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Winner

Airing on March 2, 2021:

After a suspect escapes trial and goes on a murder spree, the team partners with his bail bondsperson in order to track him down. Jess continues to struggle with moving forward in his love life.

• Love 1

I liked this episode - it was a very interesting case with a lot of players involved, hard to keep track of at times but it was compelling, I liked that it wasn’t a straightforward case and it required a lot of investigation to get to the bottom of it, very good case to watch play out. 

It was interesting how there was no Clinton or Hana, and how the bounty hunter Jackie basically was the 4th team member tonight, it worked though. 

I don’t care at all about LaCroix’s love life or possibly dating the horse trainer, I don’t like the personal stuff.

• Love 3
(edited)

I can see Flora and Travis getting greedy but what was Addison's motivation to participate in this convoluted scheme? She's probably well paid as QC at Empire State Lotto to risk it.

Travis' first victim (Emily Holt) was already collecting payments. Why would she tell them she was going to turn them in to the authorities?

If Travis was so hell bent to get Kimberly paid, he could have just told her to go to his garage and grab some scratchers from the box. Was murdering all these people necessary? So she didn't get the $50,000 but had enough to work out 3 trips to get $60,000.

Since when does winning $20,000 or $50,000 get you this much TV exposure? This show made a good case for winners to never show their face after winning prizes.

Even with no Hana or Clint, Jackie is not necessary to fill their void (too much screen time). She is so annoying. Let's see Jess, Barnes, and Crosby handle this on their own.

How the hell did Flora kill Travis and have serious strength to carry the body to the trunk? When we last saw him alive, he was ready to deliver the final blow on her. What happened? Did she use her psychic abilities to turn the tables on him?

Jackie is so smart she places her car in harms way by Flora's car in front of the FBI's line of fire! Then she added more of her smartness by walking close to Flora (who has a gun) and disrupting the agents doing their job.

Shows like to trash on the chiropractor profession.

Did Jess leave Tali at the stables all this time to go on this case?

I'd rather see Jess with Sarah than Jackie.

Jess will probably request to the US attorney to add 15 more years to Flora's sentence because his move on Sarah didn't work!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

Ok episode but I can't stand Jackie the Bounty Hunter - annoying as hell, actually.  And another vote for leaving the personal stuff out of these crime shows.   I don't care about Jess' love life.  And I totally didn't get all the flirty-flirty from the riding instructor and then when he asks her out to dinner she turns him down.  Like, huh?   Mixed signals there, woman.   Jess is supposed to be a profiler, and now they're going to have him doubt himself about asking a woman out?    And OF COURSE the daughter is the most wonderful rider EVAH - because she is the most wonderful at EVERYTHING SHE DOES.   I wish this show would give THAT a rest also.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, mxc90 said:

So she didn't get the $50,000 but had enough to work out 3 trips to get $60,000.

You don't think it would raise suspicions that one person gets not 1, not 2, but 3 $20,000 scratch-offs??? Heck, why didn't Travis just redeem 1 for himself? In fact, how did this scam work---how did the 3 co-conspirators get the money? Did someone give the scratch-off to the fourth person saying "cash this in, take 25% and give me the rest" (which is split evenly amongst the 3 crooks, so everyone gets $5000)? Did the "psychic" say "here's a ticket. if you win, don't forget to give some to me", which is then split (every crook getting a few hundred, maybe a thousand each)?

14 minutes ago, illdoc said:

You don't think it would raise suspicions that one person gets not 1, not 2, but 3 $20,000 scratch-offs??? Heck, why didn't Travis just redeem 1 for himself? In fact, how did this scam work---how did the 3 co-conspirators get the money? Did someone give the scratch-off to the fourth person saying "cash this in, take 25% and give me the rest" (which is split evenly amongst the 3 crooks, so everyone gets $5000)? Did the "psychic" say "here's a ticket. if you win, don't forget to give some to me", which is then split (every crook getting a few hundred, maybe a thousand each)?

Of course.

Not one. Pass to other strippers or friends at different times of the year.  Who knows? He had plenty of scratchers for an entire town. The scam was too risky. Took one jealous fool to bring it all down.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:35 AM, mxc90 said:

I can see Flora and Travis getting greedy but what was Addison's motivation to participate in this convoluted scheme? She's probably well paid as QC at Empire State Lotto to risk it.

Travis' first victim (Emily Holt) was already collecting payments. Why would she tell them she was going to turn them in to the authorities?

If Travis was so hell bent to get Kimberly paid, he could have just told her to go to his garage and grab some scratchers from the box. Was murdering all these people necessary? So she didn't get the $50,000 but had enough to work out 3 trips to get $60,000.

Since when does winning $20,000 or $50,000 get you this much TV exposure? This show made a good case for winners to never show their face after winning prizes.

How the hell did Flora kill Travis and have serious strength to carry the body to the trunk? When we last saw him alive, he was ready to deliver the final blow on her. What happened? Did she use her psychic abilities to turn the tables on him?

Even well paid people get greedy. Reminds me of the people who set up the McDonalds Monopoly game who gave their relatives and friends the big money pieces to cash in and got busted.

She was going to turn them in once her accomplice started killing people. Its one thing to pocket some illegal cash that is hurting nobody (I mean somebody was eventually going to get that ticket and get paid) and another thing to kill people (a line she didn't want to cross).

The stripper gave him $25K in cash. Cashing in 3 $20K tickets would look suspicious as hell especially when she wasn't shown buying them plus you have to pay taxes on that money so you don't keep it all (25% to the feds before you see a dime). Even if the stripper got the $50K ticket she would not get double her investment back. 

People who win the Powerball or other big lottery have the option of forming some kind of trust and having that trust cash the ticket so nobody knows who you are. The whole point of the listing the winners is to show that the money advertised was actually paid out.  There are only so many winning tickets and customers need to know there are actually the amount of winners the lottery commision says there are.

Didn't Flora (the real actor) also play the wife on Big Sky that bashed in her husbands (Montana State Troopers) head with a hammer? Don't underestimate her.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, UnknownK said:

Didn't Flora (the real actor) also play the wife on Big Sky that bashed in her husbands (Montana State Troopers) head with a hammer? Don't underestimate her.

Yes.   In that show she was a law abiding clueless wife until then though.  I miss Clinton and Hana.  I like the actress that plays Jackie, but Jackie’s a little much.  Although her friendship with Jess appears to go back a ways. 
I like Talli and I miss her grandparents( on her Moms’ side).  Where has half the cast gone and why? 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, UnknownK said:

She was going to turn them in once her accomplice started killing people. Its one thing to pocket some illegal cash that is hurting nobody (I mean somebody was eventually going to get that ticket and get paid) and another thing to kill people (a line she didn't want to cross).

If she in your post is "Emily Holt". She was the first person he killed. That was why he had the court appearance for her murder and then bailed from the motel.

It was never properly explained why he killed her. 

7 hours ago, LisaM said:

How did Flora end up killing Travis and getting him into the trunk? He was ready to bash her head in with the glass orb. 

Flora: "Look! Your shoe laces are untied".........

And the rest of the writer's BS is history!

• Love 1