Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Next Level Rich People Shit

• Start Topic

Of course sexy mayor volunteers as a babysitter.

While I enjoy the show and its odd mix of stories, some things are just too easy. Is someone from the Nashville writing crew part of this?

The long messaging sequence was a bit confusing - you need to pay close attention and read fast.

I really like Joe and that they kinda know each other from way back. I hope he realises that at some point.

Edited by Aulty
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

I didn’t expect the reveal that Joe and Georgia met as teens. That was cute and I now ship them lol.

This ep brought me around a bit on Marcus. I still think he’s kind of an asshole though. Hunter kinda gives me the creeps. It’s his constant smile I think.

It’ll be interesting to see how the mayor responds to seeing the credit cards.

I’m really loving the music in this and I’ve never heard most of it.

• Love 5

I am weirdly hooked on this show even though I can see right through all of its carefully targeted machinations. Good cast, I think, which is helping. 

(It’s a bit of mindfuck to watch it right after watching season one of Euphoria, which is basically: “teens: the darkest timeline”. Maybe that’s another reason I’m enjoying this bit of fluff.)

Tonally, it reminds me of Teenage Bounty Hunters.

• Love 4

My biggest worry about this show is that like Teenage Bounty Hunters they're going to have a great season and set up a juicy Season 2 only to have Netflix crush us all with cancelation. Yeah, still not over Teenage Bounty Hunters getting the axe.

I really love the way they present the relationship between Ginny and her friends. It seems very authentic to me, even as someone who was never a teenage girl.

The more shady shit we see in Georgia's background the more intriguing I find her. Even though it was a little cheesy I did like the reveal of Joe and Georgia meeting as teens. I'm hoping at some point we get a pay off of him remembering.

Edited by Slade347
  • Love 5

What the what with the duct tape on the thighs? I thought it was going to be some kind of hair removal system, but apparently it’s some kind of super spanx?  Somehow I don’t think that’s a long term solution. 

Joe and Georgia meeting as teens was not something I expected. So did she come here inspired by talking to him years ago? 

I like the growing relationship between Ginny and her friends, it feels very real for teenage girls. I am glad that we got a bit more about why Marcus is so angsty, but I am still not a fan. His "my suburban existence is so torturous I'm too cool for school" vibes would get old real fast. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, SoMuchTV said:

What the what with the duct tape on the thighs? I thought it was going to be some kind of hair removal system, but apparently it’s some kind of super spanx?  Somehow I don’t think that’s a long term solution. 

I thought it was some kind of self scarring method. And then came the PSA message before the end credits. but that could have been for some other scene.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

Joe and Georgia meeting as teens was not something I expected. So did she come here inspired by talking to him years ago? 

I took it that what young Joe described to a poor, pregnant girl who had absolutely no resources and no idea of what a "good life" looked like embedded in her mind that being in this town meant a picture perfect childhood/teenage life.  And since she was pregnant, it was dually impactful -- "you mean this is what my life could have looked like?" combined with "I want my child to have this life."

I think it imprinted in her mind that living in that community was the ultimate achievement to prove she had "made it" and given her kids a good life. I think it wasn't until the yoga studio owner that she had access to any real money, so its not like that Texas life/community had any impression on her as an ideal life. 

She'd held the idea of that town as an ideal life in her head since she was 15/16 and she was going to make it happen. Even when reality sets in to mess with fantasy--as it always does--she did what she had to in order to make sure that image stayed perfect to her. 

For example, I held on to the idea of a guy I dated in my late teens and early 20s as the one I was meant to be with, my soul mate, the one that got away, etc., and compared every other guy I dated to the IDEA of that guy. Years later, in my mid-30s we reconnected. And boy did I find out that the reality was far, FAR, from the idea I had carried in my head for years. If you'd have told me in my twenties that I would feel lucky to have not ended up with him, I would have said you were crazy. After experiencing the reality, it is the biggest bullet I ever dodged! 😄

• Love 9
On 2/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I didn’t expect the reveal that Joe and Georgia met as teens. That was cute and I now ship them lol.

So do I. SO MUCH.

On 2/25/2021 at 7:50 PM, peachmangosteen said:
On 2/25/2021 at 7:38 PM, kieyra said:

Tonally, it reminds me of Teenage Bounty Hunters.

Ah, yes. Maybe that’s why I’m loving it. I’m still pissed they cancelled TBH!

Same! I loved TBH.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

His "my suburban existence is so torturous I'm too cool for school" vibes would get old real fast. 

With his floppy hair, Marcus an emo dream boy, LOL. I have to say, I like him better than Max, whom I find completely exhausting.

I like this show, despite some of it being very predictable, but I was genuinely surprised by the reveal of who Joe was. But I liked it. I totally get how Georgia would kind of imprint on the guy who was kind to her, and then go to the town he told her about, when she had the opportunity. I'm more curious now, about how he became the kind of person he is, since it seems to be different than who he was when they first met. I can't remember which episode revealed which detail about him (I binged the series), so this part is spoilered, just in case it wasn't shown yet by ep3

In the flashback, he struck me as a privileged kid, nice but headed for some wealthy ivory tower somewhere. His choice to run a farm to table restaurant vs being a captain of industry surprised me. And his use of illegal labor, which Georgia threatens to report him for, struck me as something that that I would not have expected from the dude at the rest stop. He seems to be doing it for financial benefit, not as part of a political statement (like providing sanctuary for undocumented people), so maybe he and Georgia being scammers together would work... thus I join the shippers, thinking he might be the best match for Georgia, of the prospects we've seen).

• Love 5