Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Better Is The Enemy Of Good

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Two weeks in a row with Dr. Abrams’ appearances! Yay! 😁 

Goodwin’s son is a spoiled brat.

Maggie didn’t seem very thrilled about Augie meeting his brother.

April has no business being judgey about what Halstead did. Oh, wait, that’s what she does.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Two weeks in a row with Dr. Abrams’ appearances! Yay! 😁 

Maggie didn’t seem very thrilled about Augie meeting his brother.

April has no business being judgey about what Halstead did. Oh, wait, that’s what she does.

I think Maggie is worried that the other couple will want Augie and since they have his brother they would be given priority to adopt. At least that is what I was thinking because it was kind of implied that they had been looking for Augie since they adopted his older brother.  And most of the time Social Services likes to keep sibling units together

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

I think Maggie is worried that the other couple will want Augie and since they have his brother they would be given priority to adopt. At least that is what I was thinking because it was kind of implied that they had been looking for Augie since they adopted his older brother.  And most of the time Social Services likes to keep sibling units together

Well of course that's what will happen. It's the One Chicago Trope....it happened to Gabby on Fire, It will happen here and sure as god made little green apples it will happen with Burgess on PD. 

I can accept that different shows on different networks borrow storylines from other shows but the fact that these 3 shows are in the same universe it's ridiculous.

Oh...and Natalie is becoming a bit of a bunny boiler...they way she watches Crockett is not endearing or cute, it's downright disturbing.

17 hours ago, jabRI said:

I know we've asked this before, but do they really expect us to believe that ER doctors operate on cancer patients??? really??? 

This has gotten completely out of whack as I also thought WTF.

In what universe does someone with serious cancer not get immediately referred to an oncologist for diagnosis and treatment. The patient wasn't a stupid person - he seemed to be exactly the type of person who would immediately seek out the best oncologist for an immediate appointment and go over all of the current available treatments including any experimental programs available.

And speaking of recycling Grays Anatomy did a major storyline years ago when Grey broke the AZ protocol for the Chief's wife. That is such a major major major breach of protocol that Halstead should be banned from any further programs. He already stretched protocol by modifying the patient's stats by diluting with an IV - the point of a program like this is to provide accurate results and NOT to provide patients with treatments per se. That is done when the treatments have advanced to the next stage and there are "mercy" exemptions given to provide treatment. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, jabRI said:

I know we've asked this before, but do they really expect us to believe that ER doctors operate on cancer patients??? really??? 

Well this is the hospital that tries to revive a patient for like a whole 30 seconds before they call time of death, so of course they don't call an oncologist. 

On 2/18/2021 at 5:59 PM, Guildford said:

Well of course that's what will happen. It's the One Chicago Trope....it happened to Gabby on Fire, It will happen here and sure as god made little green apples it will happen with Burgess on PD. 

Crap, I forgot about Gabby. I really like Burgess and the little girl and now I'm going to be waiting for that shoe to drop!

Does anyone remember when Choi was a rock star in the hospital? I do. They've completely ruined the character the last two seasons. 

• Love 1

Choi is a mess. I prefer the version of him that had that parrot.

Any time there is a situation where Halstead considers doing something wrong and doesn't do the wrong thing that instant, you know he'll go ahead and do it by the end of the episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Does anyone remember when Choi was a rock star in the hospital? I do. They've completely ruined the character the last two seasons

Well getting with April would be enough to drag anyone down.  I hope he gets with that clinical trial doctor, she'd be good for him.  I like that she's very professional and calm at the same time.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2021 at 2:13 PM, jabRI said:

Well getting with April would be enough to drag anyone down.  I hope he gets with that clinical trial doctor, she'd be good for him.  I like that she's very professional and calm at the same time.

Considering that she then accepted Will's offer to dinner, I smell a love triangle that won't end well for anybody. But in true One Chicago form, expect Ethan and Will to act like immature children and bring their issues to the workplace.

The Auggie storyline is going to be as predictable as the sky is blue. I already know Maggie's going to give him up to the legitimate foster parents in California to let him grow up with his brother. A repeat of the Gabby storyline. And I fully expect the same thing to happen with Kim in PD.

I'm just waiting for Will's storyline with the trial to crash and burn, which is going to happen.

Ethan has devolved into a joke. Even the strongest military man will not return to work immediately after having their body cut open in the morning. You'd expect someone like Ethan, who was Sharon's #1 choice for Chief Resident, to be way smarter than this.

And of course, let's have Manning and Crockett work another case together. And another cancer surgery. That's not what a trauma surgeon and an ER doc handle. It also makes no sense that Crockett is constantly in the ER, as a surgeon, making rounds with the other doctors. A trauma surgeon is brought down to the ED for consults if someone needs surgery. Not to help with ER intakes. That's what Choi, Will and Natalie are for, along with the nurses. And also very curious to know what happened to Rhodes' hybrid ER? Nobody's mentioned it since he left early last season.

And this show really needs to pick a lane in regards to COVID. They can't be one foot in and one foot out. Having paramedics where masks when they bring patients in, constantly saying so-and-so is COVID negative, and also one of Will's patients be so scared to come in because of COVID, but then being well within 6 feet of patients and not wearing masks. Either go the Grey's Anatomy route and be fully invested in COVID, or go the Good Doctor/Resident route and put a disclaimer that they've moved into the future where COVID was cured.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

I'm just waiting for Will's storyline with the trial to crash and burn, which is going to happen.

And of course, let's have Manning and Crockett work another case together. And another cancer surgery. That's not what a trauma surgeon and an ER doc handle. It also makes no sense that Crockett is constantly in the ER, as a surgeon, making rounds with the other doctors. A trauma surgeon is brought down to the ED for consults if someone needs surgery. Not to help with ER intakes. That's what Choi, Will and Natalie are for, along with the nurses. And also very curious to know what happened to Rhodes' hybrid ER? Nobody's mentioned it since he left early last season.

Just what every Pharmaceutical company wants, compromised drug trials so they can ditch ten of millions of bucks worth of research that've they have already spent to get it to phase 2. 

Wasn't Natalie initially introduced as a Paediatrician? I mean she seems to kill a lot of kids so we know she wasn't good at it, but I thought that's what she was supposed to be...like a pathetic, watered down idiotic Chicago Med version of Doug Ross. 

• Love 2
On 2/18/2021 at 12:44 AM, LittleIggy said:

Honestly, when she mentioned that there were apparently a number of hospitals Michael could have been placed at and he ended up at Med, I was shocked. Surely someone might have realized the director has the same last name as him and asked if there was any relation?? Even if Michael weren't being so bratty, under the best of circumstances it still looks pretty bad to have the person in charge's kid working in their hospital. It just totally smacks of nepotism, even if it isn't actually.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:23 PM, WinJet0819 said:

The Auggie storyline is going to be as predictable as the sky is blue. I already know Maggie's going to give him up to the legitimate foster parents in California to let him grow up with his brother.

They aren't more "legitimate" than Maggie and Ben; they just got their foster child sooner, while Augie apparently bounced between homes. I find it hard to believe that social services would have allowed them to be split up, then seemingly lost all records of them being family. Yeah, sometimes there are reasons why bio siblings have to be placed in different homes; but for the most part social workers make sure they keep in touch.

And while it's a nice idea to let Augie grow up with his brother, the reality is that ship kinda sailed. If the brother is four years older, he's about 14 compared to Augie's 10 or so. They last saw each other when Augie was only 1. So basically they already lost a lot of their key bonding years. At this point, IMO it would just be better to let each boy remain with the parents they've each bonded with, and then make sure they get to visit and chat online a lot and all that. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

They aren't more "legitimate" than Maggie and Ben; they just got their foster child sooner, while Augie apparently bounced between homes. I find it hard to believe that social services would have allowed them to be split up, then seemingly lost all records of them being family. Yeah, sometimes there are reasons why bio siblings have to be placed in different homes; but for the most part social workers make sure they keep in touch.

And while it's a nice idea to let Augie grow up with his brother, the reality is that ship kinda sailed. If the brother is four years older, he's about 14 compared to Augie's 10 or so. They last saw each other when Augie was only 1. So basically they already lost a lot of their key bonding years. At this point, IMO it would just be better to let each boy remain with the parents they've each bonded with, and then make sure they get to visit and chat online a lot and all that. 

In real life, Maggie and Ben do not get a foster child as fast as they did, when they themselves have only been together for a little over a year after meeting during chemo, and neither has parental experience. There's a number requirements that prospective foster parents must fulfill before they're ever allowed to foster a child.

In Illinois,

To ensure your success as a foster parent, prospective foster families are required to: 

Participate in a home inspection and social assessment; 

Complete 27 hours of training focused on foster care and the needs of children who are in foster care; 

Complete a criminal background check of all household members; 

Be financially stable; and 

Complete a health screening that includes verification that immunizations are up-to-date.

Just because TV made it seem like Ben and Maggie were a perfect match for Auggie doesn't mean they were legitimate. They skipped virtually every step. Their only claim was that they would be there for Auggie, since he didn't have anyone else. That's nice, but that doesn't automatically make you a foster parent.

It's the same thing we saw when Dawson got Louie.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

In real life, Maggie and Ben do not get a foster child as fast as they did, when they themselves have only been together for a little over a year after meeting during chemo, and neither has parental experience. There's a number requirements that prospective foster parents must fulfill before they're ever allowed to foster a child.

Oh yeah, I know this - I just mentioned this on the Chicago PD boards, in reference to Kim getting Makayla (another situation that wouldn't happen, as she is a single person working long and erratic hours, in a dangerous job where she could be killed literally anytime). By "legitimate" or not, I just meant that they too have every right to apply for Augie, in the same way the other people did for big brother. I had interpreted your comment to mean that those people had more right to get Augie simply because they already had one of the siblings officially - my apologies if I understood you wrong.