Type keyword(s) to search

Home Economics in the Media

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Wow. It's terrible. Much better shows have been cancelled. 😥

I actually kind of like it so I'm glad it's been renewed.  It reminds me of a lot of sitcoms I enjoy that took a while to find their way - many first years are uneven to say the least!  I definitely see room for improvement so hopefully getting the green light on a second season will give them the chance to check out the criticisms of the show and see where they can improve.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

Really thrilled that this has been renewed, especially since 1/2 the shows I watch have been canceled. 🙄 I enjoy this one a lot.

I wasn't too thrilled with the sibling dynamic and its negativity in Season 1, but I think the show as a whole really got better and funnier in Season 2

• Love 1

Just a correction on the show’s schedule for mid-season. I missed that the season ends on February 1 and then new show “Not Dead Yet” takes over the slot on Feb 8

Edited by DanaK

I'm really confused.  I just got into this show this year and am liking it a lot.  But what does it mean that the season is ending so soon?  Has it been canceled or is it like Rules of Engagement with wonky runs where you never really knew if it was on the air or not!

• Like 1
On 1/8/2023 at 2:42 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I'm really confused.  I just got into this show this year and am liking it a lot.  But what does it mean that the season is ending so soon?  Has it been canceled or is it like Rules of Engagement with wonky runs where you never really knew if it was on the air or not!

It hasn’t been canceled, at least not yet. The short season is probably either due to wanting to broadcast another show midseason or because the ratings don’t support more episodes. A few shows that are past their first season have gotten shorter orders than usual lately, though I can’t name them at the moment; it might all be Covid-related in terms of the disruption the pandemic has caused

ETA: "The Resident" on Fox is another example of a veteran show only getting 13 episodes for this season and it will be having its season finale Jan 17. NBC's New Amsterdam only got 13 episodes for its final season and will be having its finale on Jan 17 as well and The Flash on the CW also got 13 episodes for its final season and its finale will be in May. La Brea on NBC only got 14 episodes for its second season but that was on purpose since it's a scifi show with special effects and lesser episodes were easier to produce; its season finale will be in Feb

Edited by DanaK
  • Sad 1

I'm sad it got canceled. I don't know why the network held onto their contracts so long. Maybe because the actor's strike isn't over yet, they decided not to wait any longer?

16 minutes ago, Laura Holt said:

Oh this is too bad!  I didn't get into this show until last year and I really liked it.  

Pretty much the same here. At first I was just kinda-sorta watching because it was on before or after or between something I liked, but it started to grow on me. 

Fans of Connor can ease their pain by watching Jimmy Tatro in a very bro-ey role in the movie Theater Camp on Hulu. 

• Like 2