Type keyword(s) to search

Cycle 21 Anticipation Thread

(edited)

Cycle 21 premiere date moved 22 Aug to 18 Aug:

The CW Network has moved up the premiere date of cycle 21 of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL to Monday, August 18 (9:00-10:00pm ET), rather than the previously announced date of August 22.

Original episodes of TOP MODEL will air on Mondays for six weeks, with encores airing Fridays (9:00-10:00pm ET). Beginning October 3, original episodes will move to the Friday (9:00-10:00pm ET) timeslot.

Edited by milkyaqua

C21 premiere epi description courtesy broadwayworld.com:

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL
"The Boyz R Back" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE GIRLS...AND GUYS ARE BACK - Cycle 21 kicks off with girls AND guys back in the competition to take home the title of America's Next Top Model. 31 potential contestants rock the runway to see who can take the best selfie. The semi-finalists square off in a bowling alley to reveal who makes the first cut. Host Tyra Banks, welcomes Miss J back to the judging panel, along with fashion public relations maven Kelly Cutrone (#2101). Original airdate 8/18/2014.

As much as I dislike Cutrone, I actually found myself agreeing with much of what she said, especially the things that contradicted the terribly homophobic Rob. She's awful and harsh and not in a funny way, but I'd prefer her to someone who constantly tells the gay contestant that he's not a man.

• Love 2

Episode two description; courtesy Futon Critic:

MONDAY, AUGUST 25

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Gets a Second Chance" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

AND THE FINALISTS ARE... - With only one week left to determine the Cycle 21 contestants, the semi-finalists tackle a rigorous Los Angeles subway challenge to model various seasons in a limited amount of time. World renowned photographer Yu Tsai is introduced as the cycle's photo shoot creative consultant. Later, things get steamy during a nighttime photo shoot at the beach, where the final 14 are selected by Tyra Banks and the judges from the portraits taken (#2102).

I can't wait. Just wish they'd cool it with the ridiculous photo shoots and challenges (walking down the front of a highrise comes to mind). And can we have someone other than Tyra manage the makeover decisions? I'm not sure if it's her desire to create drama like someone else suggested, or if it's pure cattiness ("You might be prettier than me... I'll fix THAT!")

Hopefully, Bryan Boy fell down a well or something.

Yes, no Bryan Boy this cycle nor Wujek.  Miss Jay is back instead and new "Mr. Jay" is Yu Tsai.

I'm pretty sure I'll be pissed by the winner so I'm not wasting time rooting for anyone.

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to Miss J's return. I hope the runway challenge/teach episode is back. Someone always falls.

I really, really, really enjoy it when someone falls.

Like Alexandra who fell not once, but twice.

Episode three description; coutesy Futon Critic:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 1

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who's a Player" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ANYTHING BUT SILLY STRING - The final 14 contestants move into their new home, just in time for tempers to flare and relationships to ignite. Models compete in a revealing runway challenge where the wardrobe consists only of silly string. Host Tyra Banks gives a behind-the-scenes look on how this cycle's rain-themed intro was put together (#2103). Original airdate 9/1/2014.

Unfortunately Kelly Cutrone is still a judge, so the show is still shit to me. At least Johnny Wujek, Rob Evans and Bryan Boy are gone. Yay for Miss Jay! They need to fire Kelly next cycle and bring back Janice Dickinson.

They need to fire Kelly next cycle and bring back Janice Dickinson.

Don't see that happening even if Janice did apologize to Tyra.

Unsurprisingly, ratings are down from last year, according to TVLine:

America’s Next Top Model returned to 1.2 mil and a 0.5, down 25 and 17 percent from its double-episode year-ago opener (which aired on a Friday).

I'm still thinking about that fantasy judging panel consisting of Tyra, Janice, Miss J, and Gordon Ramsey. Out of all four judges, Tyra probably would be the kindest and that's not saying much.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3

@Surrealist,

Oh, can we sub Joe Bastianbitch for Gordahn, please? Gordahn has gotten almost positively cuddly lately....

That's actually a pretty good idea. I like Graham, but he's a sweetheart. How about Joe and GorDAHN?

Edited by Surrealist

Episode four description; coutesy Futon Critic:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Gets a Beard Weave" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

IT'S OFFICIALLY MAKE-OVER TIME - With a love triangle brewing in the house, not all models bring their A-game to an optical illusion photo shoot. The eagerly awaited make-over day arrives, and one model to unveils a never-before-seen look while another suffers a breakdown (#2104). Original Airdate 9/8/2014.

Episode five description; courtesy Futon Critic:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Starts a Fight" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

RULES ARE RULES - Tyra teaches the models the three steps involved in making love to the camera to prep them for a sexy black widow-themed photo shoot. An unexpected chemistry occurs between two models just before a hair-raising challenge on stilts. Later, a night of partying in the house quickly turns dramatic when one of the models breaks a major house rule (#2105).

Episode six description; courtesy Futon Critic:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Got Five Frames" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

NICK CANNON GUEST STARS - The models are tasked with mastering the ultimate hair whip for a wind-blown photo shoot while one pays a penalty and is allowed only five frames to capture the perfect image. Special guest Nick Cannon gives the models a chance to be the face of his new ad campaign (#2106).

Episode seven description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Wears Heels" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

COLD WORDS, HOT OPPORTUNITIES - Models test their acting chops to compete for a walk-on role on a scripted television series. A frozen photo shoot turns icy after hurtful comments are overheard at the house (#2107).

Episode eight description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Says it's Over" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ROBOT DNA - Models team up to for a photo shoot challenge with judge Kelly Cutrone resulting in two models recognizing the need to put their personal relationship on hold. The models then discover their common ancestry links when heritage comes into play as the styling concept for a futuristic sci-fi photo shoot that features a special guest posing as a robot (#2108).

Episode nine description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Wows Betsy Johnson" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

RUNWAY RUNAWAY - Miss J offers select models a private runway session in order to give them a leg up on Style Fashion Week, where the models are challenged to book fashion shows with different designers, including Betsy Johnson. Models pair up for a hair product photo shoot that results in harsh words and flaring tempers (#2109).

Episode 10 description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl with the Bloodcurdling Scream" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE COMEBACK KID - A model is brought back into the competition after fans cast their vote via social media. A challenge to keep their composure in the dark at a former slaughterhouse with a dark and gruesome history gives models the chance to win a special treat. Later, at a "no glove, no love"-themed fashion shoot that focuses on awareness of HIV/Aids, Tyra Banks acts as makeup artist to the models donning a variety of ornate gloves. (#2110).

Recap episode description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"What Happens on ANTM Stays on ANTM" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

READY FOR A RECAP - Catch up on the first ten episodes of Cycle 21 which pits guys versus girls in order for one up-and-comer to take home the title of America's Next Top Model. What started off as 31 potential contestants is narrowed down to seven remaining models. Host Tyra Banks, welcomes Miss J back to the judging panel, along with fashion PR maven Kelly Cutrone and photo shoot consultant Yu Tsai to monitor all the on-camera drama (#2116).

Episode 11 description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy Who Parties Too Hard" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SEOUL REHABILITATION - The seven remaining models pack their bags for Seoul, Korea and find themselves challenged to a group dance photo shoot judged by Korean pop sensation BtoB. However, one model finds that a bad habit limits the potential for success during a photo shoot with a luxury brand; a problem that does not go unnoticed by Tyra Banks and the judges (#2111).

Episode 12 description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Girl Who Gets Caught in a Lie" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

LYIN', TIGERS AND BEARS - The models race to various locations around Seoul for a timed challenge, where one finds herself isolated from the rest of the group after getting caught in a lie. Later, a model offends photo consultant Yu Tsai after she confronts him for calling her a panda bear during a head-to-toe photo shoot with Jinny Kim shoes and accessories. Kpop singer and actor Jay Park guest stars (#2112).

(edited)

Episode 13 description; courtesy Futon Critic:

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21

AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL

"The Guy with Moves Like Elvis" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

SUDS AND DUDS - The five remaining models perform a bilingual scene with Korean soap opera actors before tackling a night-time photo shoot that has them dressing up to recreate iconic images of the King and Queen of American pop culture: Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe. But history comes back to haunt the models when each is asked to confront demons from their past. Tyra Banks hosts. (#2113).

Edited by milkyaqua