Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Welcome to the Property

• Start Topic

When Calvin discovers a member of the community plans to sell to greedy developers, he vows to find a buyer closer to home instead. However, the Butlers and Johnsons soon realize that the dilapidated property will require more work than they expected.

Airdate: 01/25/2021

I thought the old guy was very funny, it would have been a better story if the old guy sprained his ankle and had to stay a couple of days with the Butlers until he could return to his home. The oldster was lighting Calvin and Tina up.

I'm a little sad to see the older gentleman go because he was hilarious. However, I think it could be interesting to have Marty and Malcolm living next door. It could open up more storylines for the two of them, and they're so different, it could be hilarious to watch. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I wondered if Walter (was that his name?) actually had the other buyer or was just playing them, but either way I think it makes good sense to move the sons next door.

Maybe Marty doesn't have downpayment money? Or a credit history? He has a good job, but he's pretty young and who knows how much he's saved? 

I'm tired of Calvin pretending to not like Dave. I thought they had gotten past that.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

Maybe Marty doesn't have downpayment money? 

That was my thought. He's young and this is LA - his rent is likely high. Remember Malcolm was going to move out and share a place with six people. 

I like the idea of odd couple roommate shenanigans with the brothers. I shared a place with my brother as adults and we have a line from one of our arguments that has become an inside joke.

• Love 2

Funny, cute episode, though I find it hard to believe the neighbor (Walter?) would have let his place get that bad (though cluttered I can believe). I also had trouble understanding how far Walter lived from the Butlers. It sounded initially like he was a few doors down, then later across town.

7 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I find it hard to believe the neighbor (Walter?) would have let his place get that bad (though cluttered I can believe).

So my parents are crazy hoarders, like legit the kind you see on that TV show, and honestly it kind of sneaks up on a person. You don't wake up one morning with the house like that. It's a little bit here and a little bit there and suddenly it is overwhelming. I could see that happening to Walter, especially since he seems to live alone and they don't indicate if he had any family visiting regularly.  He was two doors down from the Butlers and moving across town to a retirement community. 

• Love 1

The ending was inevitable--buying the house for the kids to live in--but the journey was fun.  I about spit out my wine at Calvin's "organ" joke.  I wonder how many takes they had to do to get that line?  Not to mention Tina's reaction to criticism of her cooking...I'll bet there's plenty in the blooper reel from both those scenes that were funnier, but inappropriate!

• Love 2

For me, this was the funniest episode this season. I laughed out loud so many times, Richard Gant is just comedy gold. TA's line read of Tina just about to be Tina was hilarious.  Didn't see the ending coming, you just know Calvin is going to be the worst landlord ever and I can see the boys taking him to court or something.  Good use of Grover.

• Love 2