Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: We're Not Worthy

• Start Topic

I'll believe that they plan to actually write for Rafael... When its not him just suffering or worrying about Landon when I see it.... The track record for this show has me weary.... I'm sad about chad I liked him... If I'm Hope's friend and I hear she was just gonna give up on life because Langsty Kirby had died I'd have to have words with her... Overall I did enjoy it... I'm cautiously hoping to see what's done with this royalty subplot... But they may  just kill him off next epi so who knows 

• Love 2

Let me find out they might actually do something with Rafael this season, that will keep e interested. I t was nice the he saved the day this episode.  I'm also looking forward to the evolving relationship between MG and Lizzie.

Ok let me get this straight last episode Hope was against kissing 'sleeping' Josie to wake her up as that would be nonconcential but this episode the only way to wake her up was with a kiss. I missed the first half of the episode so maybe there is more to it than that but really seems contradictory messages. 

Raf could have an interesting story but that is wait and see. Like the switch of roles where Lizzie seems to be getting her life in order and Josie is the one needing help. Liking how they are going with MG and Lizzie. Wish I could feel the same about Landon and Hope. They are cute and all but I feel they have been doing the same thing with them since season one. Honestly feel the actress playing Hope has chemistry with almost everyone paired with her that I want to see those other dynamics explored. 

5 hours ago, Kmr said:

Honestly feel the actress playing Hope has chemistry with almost everyone paired with her that I want to see those other dynamics explored. 

I feel that way for both of them... I love Landon when he's hanging with the dudes or taking crap from Lizzie... I even Enjoyed his little life with Jo... But its like the minute it comes to Hope... Some outside force puts a " you're in an uber-epic teenage romance" battery in his back and he gets way way extra... As for Hope.. I just never saw it... She doesn't really need to be with anyone.. And she always had more spark with RAF ( but the show quickly and firmly took that option of the table) and now the two of them just feel like a fait accompli,  tho nothing about the pairing does much of anything for me... 

• Love 3

It was great to see Rafael get some actual material, and an intriguing storyline for the season. I had a feeling he would be the one to pull Excalibur out the moment Nimue said that only a worthy competitor could beat the Knight. I'm glad I was proven right.

It was nice to see everyone working together. Poor Lizzie really tried to help her sister out, even by taking several steps back in her progress to become a nicer person, but Josie rightfully said that she shouldn't be forgiven that quickly. It's good that she recognized that earning people's forgiveness was on her, not her sister. 

I do get the sense that they ARE heading down the Lizzie/MG path. I like both characters a lot, and they even may be my two favourite characters, but I'm not feeling a romantic vibe from them right now. Then again, this show hasn't done romance well for me yet.

Hope/Landon was weird this time around. Hope not waking up because of Landon being dead? Landon kissing Hope to wake her up? Come ON. These two characters needs stories separate from each other because they're better off. When they're together, it's frustrating to watch. I like both characters, as well. Landon's scenes this episode were great with Raf. And I liked that he was holding his ground on his sacrifice...because he was 100% right.

• Love 5

All I have to say is that Raf was working those jeans in the scene where he killed the green knight. More of that please! And more Raf-centered storylines (although I won't hold my breath on that one).  I also would have really enjoyed Landon as the Ghost Wingman; sort of like a CW take on Casper. 

• Love 2

I am really hoping that the sword in the stone means that Rafael is finally going to get a good subplot where he isn't tortured and miserable or stuck being everyone else's sidekick, I want him to get some good material. I was hoping he would be the one to save the day from the latest monster, and I was happy to be right. 

Nice start to the season, they dealt with the fall out from last season alright, while moving quickly into new plots and gave lots of characters time to shine. I am glad that its taking students a bit to get over what happened with Josie, even if she wasn't totally in control at the time, she did screw up big time and its going to take a minute for things to go back to normal. Lizzie being supportive was nice to see, but she was probably right that Josie needs some time away. 

Landon trying to sell Rafael on being his ghost wingman was hilarious, and in general I loved all of the interactions between Rafael and Landon. I could understand why Landon thought that him staying a ghost was the best thing for everyone, but I enjoyed Rafael telling him over and over that his whole "I must heroically sacrifice myself" is being ridiculously dramatic and that him being dead isn't what anyone wants. Even if having a ghost wingman would be cool. 

I don't quite know why, but Landon/Hope just never fully connects with me. I like Landon, and I like Hope, and they have lots of nice moments and there is nothing wrong with them as a couple, they just don't have that much chemistry. I actually think they both have better chemistry with just about everyone other than each other. I still think that Josie/Landon and Rafael/Hope worked much better romantically, and honestly one of my favorite character pairings is Landon/Lizzie, not romantically but they have really fun banter. Hope and Landon almost become more generic when they get together, like they turn from Hope and Landon, actual likable characters, to Hope and Landon, Romantic Teen Couple. 

Poor Chad. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

want him to get some good material. I was hoping he would be the one to save the day from the latest monster, and I was happy to be right. 

Same here.. I was just scared the show woulda had RAF take out the  sword... Only for us to find out it was Landon in his body... That's how scarred I am by this show and this whole universe's treatment of its black characters... I was actually expecting them to have that Tone-Deaf of a plot point... "Long suffering black sidekick saves the day.. But  wait its really the soul of the white guy who's just living in a black body that was forfeited so the main white couple can be happily ever after" I'm glad I'm wrong.. But I'd bet my whole Jordan collection a few writers/ Powers that be were ok and prob pushing to let Landon live in Raf's body.. Prob oblivious to how problematic it woulda been

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, UnoAgain said:

Same here.. I was just scared the show woulda had RAF take out the  sword... Only for us to find out it was Landon in his body... That's how scarred I am by this show and this whole universe's treatment of its black characters... I was actually expecting them to have that Tone-Deaf of a plot point... "Long suffering black sidekick saves the day.. But  wait its really the soul of the white guy who's just living in a black body that was forfeited so the main white couple can be happily ever after" I'm glad I'm wrong.. But I'd bet my whole Jordan collection a few writers/ Powers that be were ok and prob pushing to let Landon live in Raf's body.. Prob oblivious to how problematic it woulda been

That's where I thought this was going too! Glad to be wrong and hopefully this is a sign that they'll be treating Raf a little better as a part of the ensemble.

(edited)

Awwww, RIP Chad! I loved that cheerful mofo. And his necromancer imitation was hilariously spot on.

Yay, Raf finally gets a win! Please don't turn this into some weird plot about how the sword is actually cursed and Raf has to somehow sacrifice himself.

I enjoy Landon so much more when he isn't with Hope, so I wish she had stayed asleep for a few more episodes. I loved Landon trying to convince Raf how great it would be to have a ghost wingman. I like their friendship so much more than his relationship with Hope. And it was nice to see the other students figure out how to defeat the MOTW without the benefit of a tribrid and a phoenix to help them. I'm glad Wade got to help again.

So Hope woke up just in time for Josie to leave? I know there are a lot of people in the cast but I hate that we are always down one of the main kids. Realistically I think it's a good idea for her to spend some time with Caroline. I have two sisters and even though I never felt neglected or unloved, sometimes it was hard to get some good quality mom time. I can't imagine how much harder it is to be a twin whose mom is constantly out of town. Under normal circumstances, it would be a good idea for each of the girls to spend some alone time with Caroline but I think Josie definitely needs some nurturing now, even if it's just a few weeks of eating ice cream while binge watching garbage shows with her mom.

I am undecided how I feel about Alyssa becoming the new acolyte. On the one hand, I love keeping the necromancer around so if this is what it takes to maintain some interaction with the other characters, then great. And Alyssa will probably be a lot more interesting working for him than just hanging around making bitchy comments about Josie killing her (just imagine the arguments that Alyssa and the necromancer will have!).* But no one can replace Chad!

* Not that I blame Alyssa for being mad that Josie killed her. Of all the petty high school bickering we have seen, this was not some imagined slight. Josie freaking killed her!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

To be fair it's hard to take Alyssa's side either since Josie only killed her under the influence of a lot of dark magic that Josie would never have been under if Alyssa didn't send the twins to the prison world. Which I wish Lizzie had used instead of the parents. 

Something has to happen and one of the main characters has to die because they really cheat death too much on this show. Since the next episode is still supposed to have been part of last season I think either Alaric or Raf are going to die. There needs to be a price. 

• Love 1
On 1/22/2021 at 7:00 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I do get the sense that they ARE heading down the Lizzie/MG path. I like both characters a lot, and they even may be my two favourite characters, but I'm not feeling a romantic vibe from them right now. Then again, this show hasn't done romance well for me yet.

Hope/Landon was weird this time around. Hope not waking up because of Landon being dead? Landon kissing Hope to wake her up? Come ON. These two characters needs stories separate from each other because they're better off. When they're together, it's frustrating to watch. I like both characters, as well. Landon's scenes this episode were great with Raf. And I liked that he was holding his ground on his sacrifice...because he was 100% right.

I really like Lizzie and MG as friends, they are 2 of my favorite characters as well. But I think a romance will ruin their friendship because we know how relationships go on shows like this.

So Hope is Snow White now and all she needed was a "true love" kiss to wake her, give me a break! I agree they need stories separate from each other. I want Hope's vampire jean to be activated, lets see how she handles that, lets see if she becomes a bad ass like her mom.

No wonder Lizzie and Josie are a little jealous of Hope their dad always finds a reason he has to stay/help Hope instead of spending time with them.

RIP Chad!

• Love 2

I must have missed something, but is Landon alive again or is he just a ghost that people can see? I know that he didn’t let RAF sacrifice himself but then it skipped to Raf saving the day and pulling Excalibur out and Landon kissing Hope. I felt that I missed a scene.

I still like Landon and Hope. Hope is always bad ass and saving the day so it’s nice to see her vulnerable and in love. I’m sure there will be some more drama so the two of them being happy is short lived, but I am enjoying them.

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the Black Gay YouTube pop music star Todrick Hall ; however,  the 🏳️‍🌈 Representation is Empty Azf!!! 

Lizzie is Farr to XTRA to not have a Xtra Loud Gay Best Friend in ANY HIGH SCHOOL - THE WRITERS NEED TO Review the Mean Girls Paradies on YouTube & Elsewhere because they clearly MISSED THE POINT.- Sailor Treehugger ♻️🌍🚲

Catching up:

- Ghost!Landon could be so much fun!

- really thought Pedro would be The One to take Excalibur

- the Lady of the Lake was the CHEESIEST of characters. Yikes.

- Josie was kind of mean to Lizzie, while Lizzie deserved it, it was hard to take

- Field Day had no teacher supervision, apparently, and that allowed Alyssa and Lizzie be horrible people

- here for exploring Lizzie/MG, don’t feel it yet, but I like Lizzie trying

- Alaric needs to admit that parenting both girls AND running the school is too much without Caroline (and I don’t even know her)

- Josie & Hope needed a scene before Josie left

- I hate this for Alyssa, she deserved better