Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Overdue

• Start Topic

The NCIS team's murder investigation of a man who sold military information leads to the abduction of a doctor whose cutting edge neurotechnology could be developed into advanced weaponry. Team members are interviewed by FLETC to see if Deeks would make a good NCIS agent. Callen tries to have an important talk with Arkady.

Wow! That was awful! It was so boring I lost track of what was going on. And forget the excuse about the COVID situation. I watch other shows filming now, and they're not nearly as dull. The writing is so inconsistent. There was a lot I liked about "Fates." That the NCIS interviewer didn't interview the leader of the team was stupid. Can Beale get any more annoying? Last ep he was starting a nonprofit AND a business and now he's bored? I guess I missed the punishment Deeks got for killing Boyle. Was that "punishment" being assigned to NCIS? Even Rountree was obnoxious at the beginning. What makes him think that he and Fatima are such hot sh*t? The best scene for me was the final scene between Callen & Arkady, but it was tough to watch because Callen's been kicked so many times already.

• Love 3

I need to know this. Should I make a poll? DOES THE WARDROBE DEPARTMENT HATE RENEE FELICE SMITH?????

I liked the Deeks/Sam moment.

They need to dial Eric waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the eff down. They've taken his usual brand of annoying and pumped it up to eleven.

• Love 4

What the hell was that I watched?  That was not NCIS: Los Angeles.  This show needs to either get new showrunners and bring it back to what it's about or cancel it immediately.  Hetty is basically gone, Nell is running the place without any real promotion except a say so from Hetty,  Everyone seems to be living in an alternate reality where Covid doesn't exist.  No one wears a mask.  Callen and Sam never seem to team up anymore.  In fact, no one does.  The less said about Nell's outs, the better and Eric needs to be punched out ASAP!  What an obnoxious jackass!  I used to love this show and it's characters.  Now, I can barely watch it.  It's a horror show.

• Love 4

Oh Wow, it's hitting an all time low. All 7 seasons of the Gilmore Girls were better than this one.  Even the episodes where Lorelei got with Christopher and wasn't with Luke!  Eric's mustache looks absolutely stupid and I don't think a single line he said was even relevant to the episode. Are they trying to make Eric sound like he belongs on stage speaking only in a Shakespearean tongue? He sounds like a stupid whack-job.

The lack of face to face working time for the team is driving me nuts.  Did anything actually happen in this episode? 

The wardrobe department needs a lot of work.  Deeks looks amazing, from the shoulders down, I wish she said he needed to tidy up more though, but the rest, wow.  Nell looked semi-decent last episode, but this week we were back to frump central.  Callen looked like he was going fishing, and has for a while now.  Roundtree looked even more unprofessional that Deeks does usually with a hoodie under a coat and Fatima, I don't know what to say about her outfit.

Deeks' interview, seemed really strange for him. humble, yes, and very short. 

Nell sounds so panicky when she gives Hetty-style orders. 

• Love 1

So we have confirmation that Deeks gave Eric money for his business/inventions/designs 8 times. Eric even told the interviewer.  Between this and Érica new attitude really make me think the writers want us to hate him. That or they are going for an epic fall for Eric.  

that be said, Eric needs to give Deeks shares of his company or at the very least pay him back all the money he gave him. I hope some

one points this out to his while also saying he has become a giant jackass

• Love 4

Honestly, after looking at older posts on Renee Felice Smith's Instagram, I'm beginning to believe the wardrobe department is actually catering to her personal style or preferences. She seems to favor oversized coats, high necks, and loose-fitting boho and prairie, granny chic dresses. Oh, and hats. It's such an odd choice for tv, I wonder if she's actually expressed a preference for being dressed in a way that's comfortable for her.

I also was too bored to keep track of what was happening with the main case. It's pretty sad because after not originally watching the show (I assumed it'd just be another NCIS with the main lead and subordinates), it became my favorite NCIS iteration after watching repeats on ION. Even putting aside any challenges due to Covid, the writing just doesn't hold up.

• Love 1

I haven't watched since way before Deeks and Kensi's wedding.  I find it hard to watch on a Sunday and with football I need to DVR the whole evening in order to get the show on there.

WTH happened to Eric?  God..so annoying.   No Hetty and they made Nell into a Hetty with the tea drinking and outfits.  I so agree with the other poster who said Deeks looks good from the neck down.  My goodness...he looks so dirty!  

I enjoyed the first episode When the Fates Allow but this one... not so much.

• Love 1

I'll give them a pass on Hetty missing. We live in Covid times and Linda is 80.

But for God's sake quit with the 'post-pandemic' thing. Keeping them very separated would make a lot more sense *during* the virus, not after.

• Love 1
On 1/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, anna0852 said:

I'll give them a pass on Hetty missing. We live in Covid times and Linda is 80.

But for God's sake quit with the 'post-pandemic' thing. Keeping them very separated would make a lot more sense *during* the virus, not after.

They mentioned that it was Christmas 2020 in the previous episode, so I guess, it's not after the virus but filmed during a time when they maybe assumed things would look differently by now? Or maybe they look differently in their universe? Which makes little sense since things don't look differently in NCIS New Orleans and while I don't believe LA and NO have crossed over yet, characters from the mothership have made an appearance in both cities, so they're one universe.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who lost track of the case. Admittedly, I was doing other stuff while watching but when did it become a kidnapping case?

Why do they continue to keep Callen and Sam apart? Are either of them ever going to reappear at the "office" let alone appear there together?

I agree, Deeks did look good in that suit! And again, I agree, it was weird that Callen wasn't interviewed. I get that they didn't want to do it because of Covid but would it have killed them if one of the scenes they filmed with Callen had included the line that he was heading to or from the boatshed before or after the interview?

I really enjoyed the scenes between Callen and Arkady. That was some nice banter (and something I'm missing between Callen and Sam). My heart was breaking a little for Callen at the end; I don't really care if it's Anna or someone else, I just think he deserves some happiness and love in his life and I hope that he still proposes. (And that they're not going to draw it out until the end of the season).

• Love 2

If someone just provided you some valuable information you couldn't get anywhere else, why would you turn around and kill them? You just wasted a potentially valuable source of future intel since it was established that he had files on other high value targets. Either Covid has killed all the competent Chinese spies, or the writers overstuffed this episode with so much personal story crap that they forgot they needed to establish a motive for the murder.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2021 at 11:34 PM, ymeagain said:

Can Beale get any more annoying? Last ep he was starting a nonprofit AND a business and now he's bored? I guess I missed the punishment Deeks got for killing Boyle. Was that "punishment" being assigned to NCIS?

I can't figure out what the writers are doing. Do the writers of episodes even know what happened in the previous episode? This Beale seemed so much more extreme than in the previous one (I hope I'm not getting used to his behavior). Why would he hang around especially if he and Nell aren't a couple anymore. They aren't, are they? And Deeks' little speech was nice and all, but can someone say "hypocrite." I don't get it: he kills a fellow cop (yes he was a bad guy), lies about it during two IA investigations, and his "punishment" is getting to do undercover work on his own (he said that in some earlier episode) and then getting to be the NCIS liaison. Say what? In what world is that "punishment" because it seems really unfair that Anna isn't living in the same world. lol

On 1/6/2021 at 4:38 AM, CheshireCat said:

And again, I agree, it was weird that Callen wasn't interviewed.

Seriously, the chick interviews Beale--who doesn't even work for NCIS anymore and was never really a field agent--and doesn't interview the team leader? Is seems like the writers are just shoving Callen out of the way. Like, why doesn't Callen ever work with Rountree in the field? Callen is a former FBI agent. What's up with that?

On 1/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, laugard said:

Honestly, after looking at older posts on Renee Felice Smith's Instagram, I'm beginning to believe the wardrobe department is actually catering to her personal style or preferences.

Same and in my opinion they shouldn't. She's not Renee; she's Nell. They're NOT the same person.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:40 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Callen looked like he was going fishing, and has for a while now.  Roundtree looked even more unprofessional that Deeks does usually with a hoodie under a coat and Fatima, I don't know what to say about her outfit.

I actually like Callen's look, but the department does have a thing for plaids, and I don't see a lot of plaids in L.A. Rountree is way casual (street clothes), and most of Fatima's headscarves look pretty, but they'd be a problem in the field because they'd either get in her way or someone could grab a hold and yank her off her feet.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:05 PM, Aliconehead said:

Deeks gave Eric money for his business/inventions/designs 8 times

I rewatched the episode where Deeks talks about this with Eric and Deeks is adamant that he's NOT "investing" in anything, he's giving Beale loans. I don't think the writers know what happened--or maybe don't care what happened--in earlier seasons or episodes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, 123BP said:

I can't figure out what the writers are doing. Do the writers of episodes even know what happened in the previous episode? This Beale seemed so much more extreme than in the previous one (I hope I'm not getting used to his behavior). Why would he hang around especially if he and Nell aren't a couple anymore.

Because the actor signed a contract and they screwed up his arc? That's about the only explanation I can find. 😛

2 hours ago, 123BP said:

Seriously, the chick interviews Beale--who doesn't even work for NCIS anymore and was never really a field agent--and doesn't interview the team leader? Is seems like the writers are just shoving Callen out of the way. Like, why doesn't Callen ever work with Rountree in the field? Callen is a former FBI agent. What's up with that?

I know he was a CIA agent. (I caught a few reruns from S2 and 3 over the last couple of weeks and boy, do I miss the old days when they remembered that and also remembered that he was the team leader and the one who reported to Hetty and led the team). Was he an FBI agent was well?

I'm not a fan of Roundtree so I don't mind that they're not working together. But he's almost always isolated from the rest of the team. Does the actor belong to a high risk group and they keep him that isolated because of that?

2 hours ago, 123BP said:

I rewatched the episode where Deeks talks about this with Eric and Deeks is adamant that he's NOT "investing" in anything, he's giving Beale loans. I don't think the writers know what happened--or maybe don't care what happened--in earlier seasons or episodes.

Which is often the case with procedurals and one of the things that frustrates me about them. I get that it's about the money and entertainment and not a book but they're characters and stories they created and brought to life. Don't they care about them, at least a little?

On 1/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, Rambler said:

If someone just provided you some valuable information you couldn't get anywhere else, why would you turn around and kill them? You just wasted a potentially valuable source of future intel since it was established that he had files on other high value targets. Either Covid has killed all the competent Chinese spies, or the writers overstuffed this episode with so much personal story crap that they forgot they needed to establish a motive for the murder.

This episode was so memorable, I don't remember someone getting killed 😞  and it was so poor, I don't even want to rewatch it to clarify.  

I see the end is nigh for NCIS LA, just hanging in there as I have been there from the beginning and my OCD of seeing it all is not allowing me to walk away now.