Type keyword(s) to search

John Pringle: Not the Potato Chip

• Start Topic

A seventh-generation Charleston native, John attended the University of Georgia, where he became good friends with Shep, and remains an avid Bulldogs fan to this day. After college, he left for NYC to learn the family commodity business firsthand. His life in the city inspired his passion for songwriting, which led to the release of his first LP “Strange Points of View.” John went on to record two EPs – “Midnight Mass on the Williamsburg Bridge” and “Simple Act” – and toured extensively behind them. Though his music led him down a transient path, John feels his life truly began in Los Angeles with the birth of his first son Quinn and younger son Asher, who arrived 16 months later. Though his marriage to ex-wife Heidi was short-lived, they remain friends who co-parent to the best of their abilities. New opportunities bring John back to Charleston this year, as he looks to return the family business to the place where the Pringles have long-thrived. He still enjoys playing music and hopes to perform live shows now that he is home.

Joined Southern Charm in season 7. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I just saw that the spoiler thread is closed to comments and I didn’t see one dedicated to Pringle, so, I’m bringing this here because I was so impressed with it.  I had zero interest in Pringle until I read about his musical interest and found this on you tube. He’s recorded a couple of albums.   He looks quite different, but it is Pringle, right?  I hope we’ll see him perform on the show.  That would be much more entertaining than his current actions.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I like him, and not just because he annoys the everlasting shit out of Austen, but because he seems decent from what I can ascertain from his social media. I still continue to believe that his romancing of Madison is mostly producer driven. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I just saw that the spoiler thread is closed to comments and I didn’t see one dedicated to Pringle, so, I’m bringing this here because I was so impressed with it.  I had zero interest in Pringle until I read about his musical interest and found this on you tube. He’s recorded a couple of albums.   He looks quite different, but it is Pringle, right?  I hope we’ll see him perform on the show.  That would be much more entertaining than his current actions.

Big deal, another would be musician that couldn't cut it in LA moves to Charleston to be on a reality tv show.  How original.  Thank you next.  😶

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Big deal, another would be musician that couldn't cut it in LA moves to Charleston to be on a reality tv show.  How original.  Thank you next.  😶

I mean he was born and raised in Charleston so people aren’t allowed to move home?

• Love 5
On 12/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Probably true, but I can't blame him. I'd move to be on the show too. 

On 1/14/2021 at 6:15 PM, Babyfoot said:

I like the guy....so far. It takes a few seasons to really see a few more sides of the people on these kinds of shows, but for now, I like what I see.

• Love 4

Ok so after the past couple of episodes I gotta admit I kinda like him too.  I can't really explain it but I guess seeing him talk about his kids leaving or his attitude towards this whole Leva vs. Katherine thing....IDK I can't explain it but he is growing on me.  He's not like my favorite person on S.C. but I would be ok if he came back next season (if there is a next season)

Call me converted! 😃

• Love 8

Apparently he has tried to have a music career, so it's interesting that we did not see him playing and/or singing with Whitney at the party, even for a couple of minutes. I'm wondering if he hopes this show is a gateway to promoting himself. He seems rather shy actually, not the type to push himself. I do not see him coming up with some sort of product to sell.

6 hours ago, nexxie said:

Will we hear Pringle and Whitney play music together?

And what happened with his ex? Interesting parenting situation, where they stay with each other to see the kids.

I know divorced people who stay in each other's homes when they travel to pick up, drop off, or visit the kids. I think Pringle said that he and his ex have a pretty good relationship. It's better for the kids than animosity.

• Love 3

Poor Pringle is so normal that this is a very short thread. LOL. He's grown on me a lot; I think he adds to the show by reacting normally to all the oddness around him. His expressions are pretty hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I’m liking Pringle better this season too! Maybe he’s better off in short doses. His every-dude normality is oddly endearing when paired with these other 3 fuck-boys.
I honestly don’t get why he and Madison aren’t even cast-members this season yet we’re forced to endure Shep’s boring pregnant cousin(or niece?) and Austen’s boring blonde girlfriend, but whatever. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1