Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Arrivals and Departures

• Start Topic

Flight crew don’t get their passports stamped. If they did, they’d need a new one every month. They have their own special line they go through at customs. No stamp. Unless they want one.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

There are two good reasons: 1) she has dual citizenship or 2) she has two because she would have difficulty in certain countries with stamps for other countries. I think 2) is most likely. For example, if you fly to Saudi Arabia and have a recent stamp from Israel, you isn’t be denied entry. See https://traveltips.usatoday.com/new-passport-traveling-israel-102567.html

That sounds right, but why would the director and camera person and editors make a point of showing 2 passports? I mean, it’s not like there was some Middle East connection to the story. 

They made the hitman BRITISH? Come on. Oh, the other guy is British, too. Gaslighting SOB.  I've just realized that Buckley "what a stupid name" was in The Purge. That's where I'd seen him before, 

13 hours ago, Anela said:

They made the hitman BRITISH?

Spoiler

In the book he (as well as Miranda/Elena) was Russian, and grew up in an orphanage. Russian orphanages are horrible places where a lot of children are victims of abuse, so harming animals somewhat made sense in that context. But making him British and keeping the cat story just makes him a deranged psycho.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2021 at 10:51 PM, chaifan said:

One thing I'm hoping someone can help me with...  I was certain there was going to be something that came out of the fact that Cassie had 2 passports in her drawer.  Both were current (not expired - neither was hole punched), had the same recent looking picture, and, if I remember right, she was on her way to the airport when Miranda broke in, so that meant she had a 3rd passport on her.  Miranda had a bit of a raised eyebrow when looking at them, and then mentioned them in a later episode.  So what was up with that?  I figured it would tie in with her every handy alter ego/alias of Alessandra Ricci, but nope, nada.  Does anyone have a theory here?

I answered this in a different episode thread but since you asked, I think in this case the cigar is just a cigar and there was no extra significance behind them showing those extra passports.  Flight attendants are allowed to have more than one passport because due to the frequency of their travel they wouldn't be able to wait while visas were being processed before traveling again.  Since you have to send your passport to a consulate you often have to wait days or weeks before you get it back.  I was an EA to an executive that traveled a lot and even though we had a passport/visa processing agency working for our company and they actually sent someone in person to the consulates, it often took a few days before we got the passport back.  Same for passport renewal, although if you go in person to the right office you can sometimes get same day processing, but again flight attendants are often too busy to take the time to have that done so it just makes more sense for them to have more than one valid passport. 

Also as I mentioned in the other thread, some countries don't require that you get a new visa put in your new passport so if the visa is still valid past the passport expiration date they tell you to hold on to your old passport and just bring it with the new one when you visit their country.  And if you still have valid visas in your old passport they don't punch a hole in it, probably for that reason.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Also as I mentioned in the other thread, some countries don't require that you get a new visa put in your new passport so if the visa is still valid past the passport expiration date they tell you to hold on to your old passport and just bring it with the new one when you visit their country.  And if you still have valid visas in your old passport they don't punch a hole in it, probably for that reason.

Yeah, some countries issue multi-entry visas that are valid for 10 years, so those could definitely outlast a passport.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Can someone remind me who was looking at the multiple passports, and did he already know Cassie was a flight attendant, and/or did he suspect her of being a spy or criminal/killer?

Edited by shapeshifter
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Can someone remind me who was looking at the multiple passports, and did he already know Cassie was a flight attendant, and/or did he suspect her of being a spy or criminal/killer?

It was Miranda as she was trying to track down Cassie and kill her.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

It was Miranda as she was trying to track down Cassie and kill her.

Thanks! But didn't it turn out she wasn't really planning to kill Cassie, or something like that? 
--which could give a different meaning to the passport-perusing scene--
Maybe seeing the passports clued Miranda that Cassie really was just a flight attendant??

I assumed Feliks was russian but spoke English with a British accent.

did Enrico survive? Because he’s hot and fbi is shes luminous. And his Nonna is awesome.

in retrospect there were tons of clues Shane was a bit…. Observant. He spoke Russian. He asks Megan, you have a friend jn Rome?

I just binged tbis over a few days and I would have given up after two episodes until I read spoilers for the end! I didn’t want a whole series of ditzy drunk nobody believes.

I don’t understand WHY they wanted to kill Alex. 

Totally late to it but I really loved this series. It didn’t try to be more than it was, yet did it well, with just the right number of episodes. And I thought KC was really great in it. The Megan plot line did seem disjointed at times but in the end I bought that the CIA was on to her for awhile. Looking forward to a second season.

• Love 1