Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/07/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Joy was on fire during the first block she had me rolling with laughter and I agreed with every word.

Katie is just too damn awesome for words and she is a progressive who does not suffer fools gladly.  She is often under the radar taking down people with her white board that Sunny referenced when she was chatting with her. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Please, Whoopi, shut the fuck up!!!  She monopolized the first two segments saying the same things over & over, only louder.  Blech!!!

I missed the first 20 minutes because for some reason I was thinking it was Saturday when I first woke up. If she was that bad, I don't feel I missed anything now. (Especially since Whoopi shouldn't even be there today.)

• Love 6

How many VIEWers were as happy as I was this morning because they cut the intelligent and informative conversation with Katie Porter, just so we could watch another Rakutan Infomercial hosted by Rakutan's spokesperson Elizabeth Werner? I really hope the show is getting enough kick-back revenue to turn itself into a HSN commercial.

• Love 5

Sunny was right that people are comparing the two elections and saying exactly that.  It’s kind of difficult to cut those people out of your life when they are family 😟. Even if I disagree was glad someone brought it up.  

• Love 7

Omg if they come out with a Donkey Kong Jr arcade game, I'm done for!  Wakka wakka snerk.  Loved Katie as well, why haven't i ever heard of her?  lol like that's the end all be all. Hope to see more of her. Happy Friday y'all!  Darlene next week!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

How many VIEWers were as happy as I was this morning because they cut the intelligent and informative conversation with Katie Porter, just so we could watch another Rakutan Infomercial hosted by Rakutan's spokesperson Elizabeth Werner? I really hope the show is getting enough kick-back revenue to turn itself into a HSN commercial.

Im not sure, was in the bathroom lol

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Joy was on fire during the first block she had me rolling with laughter and I agreed with every word.

Katie is just too damn awesome for words and she is a progressive who does not suffer fools gladly.  She is often under the radar taking down people with her white board that Sunny referenced when she was chatting with her. 

I was going to ask about the whiteboard...

Re: Sunny and the legal notes, i think she was playing off Whoopi for that one, but yes they are getting a tad rediculous.  

• Love 3

Is Katie Porter aware that Sunny is a lawyer, which is why she can read legal decisions so well?  😉

Were all those VYDs set up in Whoopi's house?  Free gifts for all her relatives.

Yesterday Sunny was doing some coy, smirking tea-sipping a couple of times when her cohosts were speaking. It seemed rude and unwarranted since the cohost wasn't saying anything stupid or controversial. Maybe she is hitting the sauce early.

Edited by deirdra
4 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

It really did sound like Sunny was giving credence to what her friends said.  I found it absolutely bizarre she was basically agreeing that thinking Russia helped Trump was the same as thinking Biden rigged this election.   I can only speak for myself but if I had friends that thought the way Sunny's friends think I would find new friends.

I noticed it too.  I swear each day Sunny seems to be acting out of character.  The Sunny we are seeing at home doesn't seem like the Sunny we would see on the stage.

I didn’t take what Sunny said as agreeing - just recognizing another perspective and her friend’s right to their opinion- but I felt she was surprised that someone whose opinion she generally respects differs from hers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And something else I've noticed since resuming watching this show. Whenever Sunny reads a legal note, she now looks at the camera like she's some moron and reads the note pedantically/sarcastically. Whereas in years past, she would read them more seriously, if that makes sense. Her tone implies she doesn't believe a word of what's being said. Now the notes from those that are laughable, I can understand, but those that aren't?

Shut up, Sunny.

This has bothered me for some time. She only does it when she has to read a legal note defending(?) the republican party. She doesn't read it sarcastically when its about something she believes in.

And the tea-sipping....🙄....so sarcastic and disrespectful, too.

5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the first 20 minutes because for some reason I was thinking it was Saturday when I first woke up. If she was that bad, I don't feel I missed anything now. (Especially since Whoopi shouldn't even be there today.)

All you missed was how unfair it is that she and other Americans aren't being given Remdisivir because "we" aren't celebrities.

C'mon, Whoopi, you know you're not one of "us." You're one of them.

2 hours ago, sandymck said:

I didn’t take what Sunny said as agreeing - just recognizing another perspective and her friend’s right to their opinion- but I felt she was surprised that someone whose opinion she generally respects differs from hers. 

That's exactly how I took it.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And the tea-sipping....🙄....so sarcastic and disrespectful, too.

A few days ago during one of Sunny's long rants, Sara appeared to be mimicking the smirky tea-sipping for a couple of short seconds. It was funny and well deserved.  All the other hosts should do it at the same time to give Sunny a dose of her own medicine.

You'd think ABC's lawyers would insist that legal notes be read in a neutral manner by an adult, not someone acting like a 12 year old who got her law degree from a cereal box.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

A few days ago during one of Sunny's long rants, Sara appeared to be mimicking the smirky tea-sipping for a couple of short seconds. It was funny and well deserved.  All the other hosts should do it at the same time to give Sunny a dose of her own medicine.

I noticed that!  lol

47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

You'd think ABC's lawyers would insist that legal notes be read in a neutral manner by an adult, not someone acting like a 12 year old who got her law degree from a cereal box.

Yes! Neutral.

However, if they would ever tell her anything I bet she'd deny being biased. She'd say she's reading it with a straight face and reading the cards verbatim, but WE know better.

• Love 4

They should make a game of it.  Today the legal notes will be read by.....Spin the Wheel! Click click click...(insert cut to Wheel with all the current panelists pix) you get the idea.  Spin the wheel, and its your job to read them for the whole ep.  Seriously tho, not like a clown.  We aint no sideshow Flo.  Lol

I dunno. How long do you think it would be before that game got old.  2 days?  Instantly? Lol

• Love 1