Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Prison Break

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Bull assists Chunk as he represents a convict from his law school’s legal aid clinic, a woman accused of killing a guard while trying to escape during a prison transport. While the prosecution alleges the woman shot the guard as she tried to flee, Chunk argues that she is being falsely accused by a guard who attempted to sexually assault her during the transport.

Am I crazy for wondering how no one seem to care who killed the second guard? No attempt to disprove that the prisoner did not do it or investigation as to if the guard who did shoot he did so recklessly while the second guard was hidden in the tall grass and then got rid of the gun?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, meira.hand said:

Am I crazy for wondering how no one seem to care who killed the second guard? No attempt to disprove that the prisoner did not do it or investigation as to if the guard who did shoot he did so recklessly while the second guard was hidden in the tall grass and then got rid of the gun?

Nope.  This was me the whole episode.  I was screaming at the TV "The guard was shot with a shotgun!  The gun lying there was a pistol!  Everything I've learned from CSI and NCIS and Quincy tells me the wounds are very different!  Not to mention the fact she won't have any powder residue on her hand.  It's so obvious she didn't do it!  Why are we going on and on about the sexual assault and her imminent release and looking for holes in the guard's story and inspecting prison vans and talking about the stolen jewelry when the most obvious evidence is showing a clear hole in the case!  Gaaaaaah!"

That said, I love how serious Chunk is about doing the right thing and standing for truth, justice, and the American way.

(Though I do think he went overboard with the jury tampering! drama...)

• Love 8
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Nope.  This was me the whole episode.  I was screaming at the TV "The guard was shot with a shotgun!  The gun lying there was a pistol!  Everything I've learned from CSI and NCIS and Quincy tells me the wounds are very different!  Not to mention the fact she won't have any powder residue on her hand.  It's so obvious she didn't do it!  Why are we going on and on about the sexual assault and her imminent release and looking for holes in the guard's story and inspecting prison vans and talking about the stolen jewelry when the most obvious evidence is showing a clear hole in the case!  Gaaaaaah!"

That said, I love how serious Chunk is about doing the right thing and standing for truth, justice, and the American way.

(Though I do think he went overboard with the jury tampering! drama...)

Exactly!

Also, why is her accomplice getting out earlier than she, if all did was drive the getaway car?

• Love 5

Rubbish as usual.

They ignore the issue of who shot the other guard in order to play with a #metoo plotline... for which they required two (not one, but two) Deus Ex Machina events to complete their case.

1. The mysterious Sea-Turtle-Study Camera, located (for some reason) up in a tree and (strangely) not pointed at any portion of the ocean or the foreshore thereof. 
  2. The revelation of a another van, which must have had some sort of arousing effect on the guard, because that is the only van he ever used to to engage in his 20+ molestations... right up until he decided that he would switch to a different van because his 'favourite' had been taken out of service.

I know that Deus and his Machina plays a frequent part in the resolutions of TAC cases, but twice in the same episode is ridiculous.

(Why do I watch this crap?)

• Love 4

How did the camera not catch the guard SHOOTING the other guard? With a different gun than a hand gun! Forensics anybody? This programme jumped the shark long ago. Not to mention that Marissa must be one of the worst written characters on television. And Chunk lost about 50 IQ points from the last series. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Not to mention the camera apparently not catching the guard coming out of the van with his pants to his ankles.

If Benny goes to the DA office, will we see competing teams of mirror jury pools for every trial?  Because TAC would certainly be able to afford a better class of juror, that's for sure.  Or maybe Benny will subcontract to TAC when the prosecution needs a win.

Plot twist in tonight's case.  The client shows up to TAC 6 months from now, and pays the standard fee in gemstones.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It seems implausible to me that Chunk would have had to be told by Bull not to let the prosecutor's hypothesis stand unchallenged, about how the woman ran away so that she could get to the jewels.  Debunking extremely damaging assumptions seems like it would be Lawyering 101.

Also, IIRC, when Bull was a brand new show, wasn't part of Benny's backstory that he had been somehow disgraced while being a prosecutor, and that Bull was really taking a chance on sort of rehabilitating him?  Wouldn't whatever that was about, come out and be used against him in running for DA?  [As a side note, for some reason the other day I was remembering how Tony's character on NCIS turned down the promotion to lead his own team in Rota, Spain, and I think the reason was basically because of his love for his NCIS team...so if Benny wins, I wonder whether a similar outcome will occur?]

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Also, IIRC, when Bull was a brand new show, wasn't part of Benny's backstory that he had been somehow disgraced while being a prosecutor, and that Bull was really taking a chance on sort of rehabilitating him?  Wouldn't whatever that was about, come out and be used against him in running for DA? 

Objection, Your Honor!  The poster is injecting logic and continuity into the series!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Something else annoying...when Bull, Chunk, and Benny went to visit the woman in her house, we saw them wearing masks as they walked into her house, then removed them once they got in.  Huh?  If anything, the place they might not need them is outside the house, but once they got inside the house, they would need them.  It doesn't make any sense even from a show production perspective, since I'm pretty sure we saw Chunk wearing a mask when he interrogated witnesses, and we saw all of them wearing masks in the judge's office, and we as an audience were able to handle that.  So it's not like the producers think the masks need to be off in order to proceed with the show, so it just didn't make any sense. 

• Love 3
On 12/7/2020 at 10:43 AM, LuvMyShows said:

IIRC, when Bull was a brand new show, wasn't part of Benny's backstory that he had been somehow disgraced while being a prosecutor, and that Bull was really taking a chance on sort of rehabilitating him?  Wouldn't whatever that was about, come out and be used against him in running for DA?

My guess is that we will see the campaign/election, but Benny's opponent will defeat him. This may be the reason. It will be a dramatic last minute reveal situation.

I was wondering about forensics too. It was a different type of weapon and wouldn't they able to tell the angle that the shot was fired from?

Edited by Sarah 103