Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E07: The Battles Part 2

• Start Topic

This show really does not know what it's fans/audience want.  We want to see/hear the singers.  They seem to think that is a minor part of the show.  Again we got montages of battles.  We see multiple recaps and sob stories.  They also like to show coming up next clips that give away what is going to happen.  If they cut back on all that filler we could actually hear all the singers do their battles.  What a crazy idea.  Fans have been complaining about this for years.  But they do not listen.  I fast forward everything but the singing.  It sure makes it quick to watch the show.   

• Love 9
13 hours ago, LakeGal said:

This show really does not know what it's fans/audience want.  We want to see/hear the singers.  They seem to think that is a minor part of the show.  Again we got montages of battles.  We see multiple recaps and sob stories.  They also like to show coming up next clips that give away what is going to happen.  If they cut back on all that filler we could actually hear all the singers do their battles.  What a crazy idea.  Fans have been complaining about this for years.  But they do not listen.  I fast forward everything but the singing.  It sure makes it quick to watch the show.   

There is absolutely no excuse for giving us what - three? - full performances in an hour.

• Love 3

I agree with what everyone said about the show.

I liked both the really tall guy and the other guy he sang with. It's too bad the tall guy didn't get saved, I don't think anyone at that time had any steals left.

Are the battles over?

I laughed when the other coaches were daydreaming about Usher's return and Blake was thinking about unicorns.

I don't know what it says about the show but this forum is crickets.

• LOL 1
On 11/12/2020 at 7:17 AM, foxfreakinmulder said:

I don't know what it says about the show but this forum is crickets.

It says a lot. There's no reason to torture the (few?) viewers who still watch this crapfest with all of the stupid, childish banter among judges, sob stories from the contestants. More crap during the battle rounds, such as all of the judges giving their 2 cents worth on who they would pick...even though it's not up to them to decide. 

And for the love of god, buddha, mahanta and all that is sacred, can we please STOP with the Gwen Stefani fringed ice skating costumes with fishnet stockings/pantyhose.

If your legs still look great at 50 (or whatever the hell her age is) then don't wear pantyhose at all. Bare legs are a common thing in So. California (which is where Gwen is from). 

Sorry, I just had to get the Gwen thing off my rant list. Thank you for letting me share! Lol.

I have a few favorite contestants but i don't remember their names. I really don't care who wins because we'll probably never hear from them again. The next season will be coming up in a few months in 2021. Zzzzzzz

• Love 5
On 11/11/2020 at 8:45 AM, LakeGal said:

This show really does not know what it's fans/audience want.  We want to see/hear the singers.  They seem to think that is a minor part of the show.

Maybe name of the show "The Voice" doesn't refer to a singing voice but all the yak yak talking voice. Hate they don't let us see all of the battles. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MaryPatShelby said:

Wow, after reading all these comments I feel stupid for enjoying the show (after taking several seasons off). I find it to be a great thing to have on while working at home.

No need to feel stupid at all. I can see how it would be a pleasant distraction, and obviously a few of us are still watching, even if my own experience is completely overshadowed by frustration over what I think the show could have been. 

• Love 1

I ff through most of the guest coach/coach coaching of the Battle contestants so I can just enjoy the actual performances. I thought the two separate boxing rings for the contestants actually was a good idea and still allowed them to perform with each other. I enjoy the blind auditions far more than I enjoy the rest of the season. So much padding. I think it really helps to have the virtual audience. I thought about dropping the show a few years ago, but it's a pleasant enough diversion, especially this year, and nothing stops me from ff which I do a lot (I was doing that a lot with American Idol before I finally quit watching the show after ABC's first season). The coaches seem to get along fine. I wonder if Gwen was chosen to coach this season partly because she and Blake are living together and it was felt that it would be safer that way (or it was easier to get her than someone else). The in-jokes about them being together and jokey competition between them are getting kind of annoying, as is Gwen trying to prove she knows country because of her time with Blake. I like several of the contestants but don't remember their names yet. I do not watch this show hoping someone becomes a huge hit; I wised up about that early on. Truth be told though, American Idol couldn't get their artists to be big stars in its later years either (on Fox or now on ABC).

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MaryPatShelby said:

Wow, after reading all these comments I feel stupid for enjoying the show (after taking several seasons off). I find it to be a great thing to have on while working at home.

As others have posted, no reason to feel stupid for enjoying this show. It's still on twice a year so lots of people are enjoying it. I still enjoy the 20 minutes (by fast forwarding) of the blind auditions.

So please come back here and post your opinions and likes/dislikes about the show There aren't many of us here so we welcome you!

• Love 3

Just chirping in to say that one of my favorite things in music is a great duet. So, I sit up and pay attention during the "battles".

Why do they have to use that term? I get that a winner is chosen, but the contestants do have to cooperate/sing together/make each other look good for the performance to succeed - that's the whole point.

Anyway, over the years I have heard some wonderful duets on this show.  And I don't really care about the rest.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Love 2

In regards to a coach using a save to keep a contestant, I kind of wish they would do that upfront and save us all the minutes of agonizing of which one to keep. Did they say a saved contestant has to do some kind of face off with some other contestants or did I mishear?

On 11/15/2020 at 4:08 AM, DanaK said:

Did they say a saved contestant has to do some kind of face off with some other contestants or did I mishear?

Yes that's right. The 4 saved contestant will then go into a 4 way battle. I think it was last season or the season before last that they started it.

Do we (the audience) get to vote? How do we vote (with no live audience due to covid or toll free numbers to call/vote?)

And how much of the judges votes are counted to determine the winner? 

I guess it's obvious I haven't been watching a lot of this season!

• Love 1
On 11/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, chenoa333 said:

Do we (the audience) get to vote? How do we vote (with no live audience due to covid or toll free numbers to call/vote?)

And how much of the judges votes are counted to determine the winner? 

I guess it's obvious I haven't been watching a lot of this season!

The studio audience doesn't vote; it's the home audience that does. The audience votes via whatever methods they are using nowadays (you can tell I haven't voted on this show)

• Love 1