Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Hit & Run

• Start Topic

I loved the show the first season but it had "clues" it would tank. The producer said it would be a serious show about suicide then turns it into a horrible soap (his words re soap) He knew people who died that way, well he did them no service except for the 800 numbers flashing on the screen.  No one cared why he jumped really, no one went to his apartment for months, his office? No lets look at computer or phone records or ask his neighbor at the apartment how often he came or was he with someone? Nothing, if it wasn't for his daughter, the apartment would stay the same. I know Delilah didn't love him, wanted Eddie, but still. Never said she was saying goodbye to him that day and the LONG done many times,lovers baby. blah.  My husband watched 2 episodes out of boredom and said "No one can google? " Who lives in this house? they'd wonder.. I don't know google the address and tenants and owners come up. Check things out the way people do in 2019.  And why didn't Jon have one relative? He hatched?

Now someone said the paralysis is about another friend or relative. Maybe so, but it wont be realistic. And we talked the dog thing to death last year, but any writer that says he had such a great story and had to wait for internet on a hike, and it was that, switching a dog, stealing it and it involved magic marker....well you can't expect much.

Even my only favorite part with Jon was corny and they can't keep throwing him in like that. I'll enjoy your snarky and informative posts but will skip unless the preview says something really interesting. Luckily you can watch it anytime and not stay up until 11

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

They should get DIVORCED! Rome, there are plenty of women out there who would have beautiful babies with you.

AGREE.  They are not on the same page about anything!  In fact now I’m trying to recall if they ever have seemed happy.  Series starts with Rome on the verge of suicide because he is suffering from depression so bad and his wife has no clue?  Then she goes to blow up their lives with a new restaurant. And the sexual assault from her past surfaces.  Like did these 2 never talk before marriage?  About anything?  I understand that things come up in life, but if you can’t turn to your partner for support and confide in them over and over and over....it’s time to let it go.  Divorce is OK.  These 2 just seem miserable and always at odds.  It’s exhausting.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, geauxaway said:

AGREE.  They are not on the same page about anything!  In fact now I’m trying to recall if they ever have seemed happy.  Series starts with Rome on the verge of suicide because he is suffering from depression so bad and his wife has no clue?  Then she goes to blow up their lives with a new restaurant. And the sexual assault from her past surfaces.  Like did these 2 never talk before marriage?  About anything?  I understand that things come up in life, but if you can’t turn to your partner for support and confide in them over and over and over....it’s time to let it go.  Divorce is OK.  These 2 just seem miserable and always at odds.  It’s exhausting.

Then add in Rome's parents who were pretty much a mess and his brother who was always the screw up while Rome did all the "good stuff" and they kept giving his brother every inch they could. Then add in Regina's own mother was also abused at even though being in her 60s just can't face it and not only doesn't want to talk about it, but acts like it will be a GIANT SCANDLE if she even admits it outside of her own daughter and son-in-law. Then again, look at the mess that was John, NO ONE KNEW about his life before they call met him. Suffering from 9/11 survivors guilt. His kids were named after people he argued with at the terminal who didn't let him "die on the plane." Some asshole firefighter who was like: "Oh I know you feel guilty about your friend's son never knowing his father, because you didn't die with him, but give us $74K FUCK YOU!" "Plus, let's just let him think I'M HIS FATHER because you know, it will be too hard to know his real dad died on the planes!" Um... how many other kids who weren't born yet lost parents in 9/11. The writing on this show is horrible and the characters not only don't communicate, but live in their own fictional world. 

Now, we got the father who runs over the guy he "thinks killed his daughter" because said sister came out of the woodwork and one call where the girl's sister told him blankly on the phone: "My parents are doing really, really bad, especially dad, this will kill them." Yet he magically can stalk said person outside a bar and then hit him at 5 mph to paralyze him and then goes: "oh shit, I better call 911." Huh?

• Love 1
On 12/4/2020 at 8:02 AM, Brookside said:

I'm all for natural hair, but Gina looked like Sponge Bob.

Yvette Nicole Brown has been pointing out that Black actresses often have to do their own hair for shows because the hair person isn't experienced in textured hair. With covid restrictions added, I vote we give Gina a break on her hair. There's a really good chance the hair professionals only work on the non Black actresses to limit the number of people on set. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Yvette Nicole Brown has been pointing out that Black actresses often have to do their own hair for shows because the hair person isn't experienced in textured hair. With covid restrictions added, I vote we give Gina a break on her hair. There's a really good chance the hair professionals only work on the non Black actresses to limit the number of people on set. 

They seriously don't have anyone who can deal with natural or black hair? I find that hard to believe but even when they do, it's not always done well. But then there is Delilahs mess, no excuse there. ; )

Edited by debraran
  • Love 1

Maybe Regina just doesn't care about perfect hair.  She's a chef. Have you seen Top Chef or pretty much any show with pro chefs? Haven't seen many that seem to prioritize how their hair looks at any given moment. Messy hair, don't care. She is still a beautiful woman. 

Edited by gonzosgirrl
My inability to create content without a typo
  • Love 3
On 12/6/2020 at 6:28 AM, debraran said:

They seriously don't have anyone who can deal with natural or black hair? I find that hard to believe but even when they do, it's not always done well. But then there is Delilahs mess, no excuse there. ; )

Hair AND Makeup. It's a huge problem because of the unions. About 40 of the most well known Black actresses hopped on Yvette's twitter to chime in that they also have this problem too. I can't find the thread! But here is a pre-covid article 

Delilah's hair is not great. Maybe only Katherine's hairstylist is working on all three of them.

• LOL 1

Maybe why Andre Walker (Oprah's) does other things but is on her hot line. ; )  Looking at the awful wigs, some hair styles, etc. she could do better on her own. My daughter went natural with her black hair and had some love and some "Oh, I don't know" from a couple of people. Funny, I guess white friends will say that to friends about hair but when you are black and your own natural hair is not accepted, it does hurt. Finding people to work on curly hair in general is hard too, but luckily she found a stylist that works on all curly hair.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, debraran said:

Maybe why Andre Walker (Oprah's) does other things but is on her hot line. ; )  Looking at the awful wigs, some hair styles, etc. she could do better on her own. My daughter went natural with her black hair and had some love and some "Oh, I don't know" from a couple of people. Funny, I guess white friends will say that to friends about hair but when you are black and your own natural hair is not accepted, it does hurt. Finding people to work on curly hair in general is hard too, but luckily she found a stylist that works on all curly hair.

Being someone who hates fussing with hair, I find the natural look (on all people) the best look. Not that there aren't beautiful styles, but it is just my preference, and I enjoyed seeing Regina in a natural style.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Being someone who hates fussing with hair, I find the natural look (on all people) the best look. Not that there aren't beautiful styles, but it is just my preference, and I enjoyed seeing Regina in a natural style.

THANK YOU. I LOVED Regina's hair! I mean, to each their own, but I will take natural over hair beaten into submission and gooped with product any day. Natural Black hair is beautiful.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Maybe only Katherine's hairstylist is working on all three of them.

Uh, Katherine’s hair isn’t anything to brag about either.  Most the time it looks like she went to bed with a wet head and then rolled out of bed and didn’t bother to comb it.  Always in her face, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1