Type keyword(s) to search

Forgotten Storylines and Plot Threads

(edited)

On IMDb, user sticksstoneswwiv started a thread for UtD with the same title.

I've pulled a few of the best to start one here, because inquiring minds want to know:

What Ever Happened to...?

• Norrie's father (visitors day)
  • Military looking for Barbie (so they don't care now...?)
  • The fight club, and what about the food there?
  • The pink stars, are we done with that??
  • The monarch?
  • An investigation into who really killed Peter, Maxine, Maxine's mom and Dodee.
  • The 4 hands seeing visions if they touch the dome?
  • Where's the hipster skateboarder Asian kid?
  • Where's the dog?
  • Norrie's other mom: Have we seen her since the house fell on her?
  • What was the significance of Angie's butterfly tattoo? Mark of death??
(The last two are mine.)

ETA one more.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Barbie seems to have forgotten that the town tried to lynch him.  Shouldn't he be a little bit vindictive.

And, yeah, the fact that no one in town seems to care who killed the people from last season bugs the hell out of me.

• Love 2

Barbie seems to have forgotten that the town tried to lynch him.  Shouldn't he be a little bit vindictive.

And, yeah, the fact that no one in town seems to care who killed the people from last season bugs the hell out of me.

He should but seeing as how the writers only made him out to be just a good looking bland main character and nothing else, it's not surprising that it's yet another forgotten moment in this series.

The writers obviously don't have a bible for this show but I'm feeling the need for something like one for myself. Wouldn't it be nice to have a wiki or something where we can record show canon somewhere. There are so many dropped plot points and changes (the changing size of the dome and its moving center is just one that irritates me) that it would be convenient to have in one place. (Unless something public already exists and you can point me to it?)

• Love 1

10.Norrie's other mom: Have we seen her since the house fell on her?

We saw Carolyn last in this season's premiere. Carolyn had fallen down due to the Dome Noise/"Birthing Sounds", then the McAllister house went plooey due to the Dome's proximity and magnetization. Near the end of the episode, Carolyn was sitting in the Sweetbriar with The Kids, when Big Jim offered Maison Rennie for them to use for the duration. The kids were snarky, but Carolyn accepted for them graciously. After Big jim left, she trotted out the line from The Godfather about friends close/enemies closer. Then? Nuttin' afaik. As for the dog, Truman, and Joe's buddy, Ben, I don't believe they've been seen. They'd have to be paid, the characters remembered, and thought put into what the characters could do now. So unless something more apocalyptic happens, I'm betting they aren't seen until the season ender. (If we don't wonder too much, maybe Carolyn will be taking care of them at Big Jim's and we can see them once in a blue moon?)

2.Military looking for Barbie (so they don't care now...?)

This I am curious about. Big Jim and Dodee heard The Military say they wanted Big Jim out of any power position (thus why he killed the late, lamented Dodee- she of the 3 credits shy of her Masters(? or was it PhD? I think Masters. Anywho... .) So, while the rest of the town seems blissfully unaware of sporadic Internet access, The Military can't find a way to contact Barbie? (I use "The Military" because other than people in khakis saluting Barbie, we haven't seen/heard which branch is taking point on this. I figure there should be a black ops team or two running around, but they're going to be sneakier than Fight Club Maxine and Drunkle Sam and God-fearing Lyle. Also, we don't know, in series, which branch Dale worked for previously- or do we?) If Barbie can talk to outside Military folk, then he might get to do something other than make sad faces at Julia! He can feel conflicted over whatever his orders are or whether to even get roped into Military business in the first place! Crazy talk, I know.

• Love 1

I know Sam said he killed Angie, but has this actually been confirmed by the actual characters? Other than the elimination of Drownsie/Melanie, and the tease of Sam almost, sort of wanting to murder Junior? Yeah, Yeah, Sam said he did to Dale, in the cave ( with the candlestick!), but have other people confirmed this? I'm seeing the norm is happening to Sam, now that he is somehow back inside the Dome. The norm= no one acts like anything has happened ever, except this pesky dome thing.

Does anyone outside of Julia, Dale, and Jim know what actually happened to Dodee? I don't think DJ Phil was enlightened, which is not cool, Show. (Unless Phil has somehow survived the pointy thing I saw?) Was Junior let in on the non-murderous acts of Barbie in this season's premiere after Linda was released from Big Jim's thrall?

5.The monarch?--Has anything been done about this supposedly major plot this season? Or has it been all Pauline's Art and Chaos Triumphing?

Lastly, where is the coffee coming from?!

• Love 3

I dunno, canon for this show is kind of pointless --my hat's off to anyone who could take the time and trouble to create a wiki/bible but I must wonder what's the point when there's no rhyme or reason for anything other than DOME. My pet theory is they had a new crop of writers for S2 and told them to never mind any of those supposedly critical plot points from S1. Thus, Under the D'oh! can continue in perpetuity.

• Love 1
Does anyone outside of Julia, Dale, and Jim know what actually happened to Dodee?

I haven't watched this week's episode but I don't remember Julia and Barbie finding out Big Jim killed Dodee.  I thought they just know Big Jim framed Barbie even though he knew Barbie had nothing to do with it.  The fire would have removed all evidence of how Dodee actually died.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure they had a body double showing her back in the episode with the dust storm.  She was in the diner.

She's lucky if she doesn't show since she'll be cannon fodder before long if she appears too often.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

I haven't watched this week's episode but I don't remember Julia and Barbie finding out Big Jim killed Dodee.

I haven't watched in a bit, but I thought immediately after the Dome Magnetism killed Linda, there was a big blow-up between Dale and Jim and Junior finding out that Dale did not in fact kill however many folks Jim claimed. I may be wrong, but I thought Dodee's name came up.

I haven't watched in a bit, but I thought immediately after the Dome Magnetism killed Linda, there was a big blow-up between Dale and Jim and Junior finding out that Dale did not in fact kill however many folks Jim claimed. I may be wrong, but I thought Dodee's name came up.

The whole 'Barbie killed Dodee' nonsense was a conclusion jumped to by DJ Phil (he wasn't a sheriff yet at that point) based on the fact that the radio station was broadcasting info that Barbie was a fugitive that Big Jim just played along with (since the evidence was SO overwhelming against Barbie it was hanging-worthy).

Big Jim is the only one that knows he killed Dodee -- and it's not liked he blabbed about that fact to anyone as far as I can tell.  Since Barbie has been exonerated from Dodee's murder, her death has been relegated to death in a accidental fire at the radio station (Dodee also did NOT get an Angie-style funeral).

Just like they let Sam walk around after killing Angie, Barbie knows that Big Jim killed Max and Max's henchman (at the very least), but seems to be ok with that.

The frustrating thing with not revealing Big Jim murdered Dodee is they basically threw away the ONLY possible payoff for killing off Dodee, who was one of the few intelligent characters early on.

What they could have done is - Phil finds out clues throughout this season (after all, he should have become a cop for an actual reason) and finally, he figures out the real murderer is Jim.  He confronts Jim right after he had taken the egg from Joe and Norrie, and Phil grabs the egg and throws it off the cliff to thwart Jim's plans (before Jim could get Junior and Pauline), but in the process of the struggle, Phil falls off the cliff, or Jim pushes him off but not before Phil leaves behind investigative notes that other characters could find in a future episode.  Why put the effort into making Phil and Dodee into characters you wanted to root for (in the bomb explosion episode), when they're just cannon fodder?  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
Thank you, otto!  I do appreciate the facts. There have been so many neat characters who could have been interesting to follow, yet....

No kidding.  They have made these characters so buffoonish it's almost getting to the point where it's no longer fun to make fun of the scripted antics.  Almost.

I'm beginning to think that Joe's dog and Skater Boy probably froze to death, and at some point while the Dome is contracting their corpses will be found amongst the debris as the Dome plows towards the center of town.

I also like that Junior never told anyone about the fact that Angie's dead body was covered in Monarch butterflies when he found her.

Rebecca's studies of Drownsies's blood to figure out who/what she is has been completely forgotten.

With all that super cold weather, no one has mentioned the fact that all the crops are now dead, and all the leaves on the trees froze and will fall off creating a premature fall (what will Rebecca think about that ?).

Something else that has been completely forgotten -- the scientists that were testing the Dome and found that water vapor could pass through it.  No follow up by the scientists or any of the Chester's Millers.

I starting to think that they left DJ Sheriff Phil's body down in the tunnel.  He didn't get a funeral either.  I wonder if the Dome has an auto-clean function.

• Love 1

That's what I thought originally as well.  But with the new backstory, it makes no sense.  I guess it doesn't matter since no one would ever think of rewatching episodes with this show.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

I starting to think that they left DJ Sheriff Phil's body down in the tunnel.  He didn't get a funeral either.  I wonder if the Dome has an auto-clean function.

Maybe that's what all this turning and contracting or whatever is?

• Love 1
This may be something that I've forgotten rather than something the show has forgotten, but whatever happened to the mini dome?

Remember in the Season 1 finale, the Scooby Doo gang put their four hands on the mini-dome and it shattered, so they could get the mini-egg and drop it in the lake.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2