Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Graduation

Yay for more Cooper! I adore his character and his dudemance with Oliver.

The plot with the principal was oddly sweet, so I was OK with it.

I don't mind the new actress, but I did think she was trying to speak like Julia Butters, and it was a little distracting. I'm sure she'll settle in after a bit.

Just glad the show is back - not sure if it's on tonight, but I could sure use a lighthearted distraction.

• Love 3
On 10/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, Bulldog said:

I guess when you've starred with Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, an ABC sitcom just doesn't cut it anymore. 

I get that the actress wanted to move on, but I'm not liking the way they decided to turn Anna-Kat into a a whole different personality. 

On 10/29/2020 at 1:50 PM, MaryMitch said:

I always like weddings, and this was a cute one.

I'm glad we'll be seeing more of Cooper.

I love Cooper and Tripp and Franklin too for that matter. The friends of the kids are more interesting than the kids themselves. 

• Love 8
On 10/29/2020 at 5:57 PM, Snow Apple said:

I'm also ok with them ignoring Covid. I'm burned out and just want some laughs. I don't know if they'll address it in future episodes though. I would hate for that awful assistant isolating with the family.

The new Anna-Kat is cute but she needs to relax and say the lines her natural way instead of trying to copy the original. I was never fond of Anna-Kat so the change didn't bother me.

A little late to the party here... Please I hope they stay away from Covid.  I left one board already because of Covid talk and the moralizing that was happening, I'd hate for it to bleed over here too.

So happy to see more Cooper, he's definitely one of my favorites and makes every episode he's in a little brighter!

• Love 5
On 10/29/2020 at 2:11 PM, Eataton said:

Yeah. That intro was kind of a shock to me. I'm sure she's a fine actress and all but she'll take some getting used to. It seemed too obvious to me that she's acting. When she said "Quiet You!" to her dad, it came off as mean instead of a funny bitchy little quirk that's the result of being Katie's daughter. I guess that's my problem, it's just that Julia seemed like a natural daughter to Katy. Other than that and Lonnie the show was pretty good so I'll give Giselle a chance.

The actress was absolutely adorable & fun to watch when she was younger but she’s now in that phase where you really have to have “something” and it doesn’t seem like she does.
 she really does just look like she’s ACTING, and it’s not natural. I’ll give her a try & hopefully she improves. Every time she was I really took me out of the show. 

• Love 2
On 10/29/2020 at 10:20 AM, Phishbulb said:

I guess this show is really going to take place in an alternate reality where the pandemic isn't an issue.

I live in CT, where we have been mandated to wear face masks in public since April, so even if this episode was supposed to be set in May or June, there was really no way for them to justify nobody wearing one.

Then again, the Ottos live in a CT where lawns are vibrantly green all year long, so I can't really say this surprised me.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

I live in CT, where we have been mandated to wear face masks in public since April, so even if this episode was supposed to be set in May or June, there was really no way for them to justify nobody wearing one.

Then again, the Ottos live in a CT where lawns are vibrantly green all year long, so I can't really say this surprised me.

Plus, the fact that college admissions only go to the kids and NEVER EVER the parents too. Plus, EVERYONE's houses are great and the Ottos are constantly told their house is a dump. Outside some nicer entertainment equipment and heated floors. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!

12 minutes ago, readster said:

Plus, the fact that college admissions only go to the kids and NEVER EVER the parents too.

Wait, this part is normal. I mean, normally the parents would see it because the mail is all one house, but if the kid got the mail before the parents did, this part isn't dubious.

• Love 1
On 11/27/2020 at 6:34 PM, SnarkySheep said:

I'm more than fine with this.  COVID is a constant presence with the related safety measures practically blasting on loop over loudspeaker, I'm perfectly fine having an opportunity to get away from it via my escapist TV. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

I'm more than fine with this.  COVID is a constant presence with the related safety measures practically blasting on loop over loudspeaker, I'm perfectly fine having an opportunity to get away from it via my escapist TV. 

The problem is, the show is trying to not only act like COVID isn't a thing in this world. Yet, the situations, where the characters, ect ARE related to COVID. I mean they decided to throw Anna-Kat and Franklin into remote learning and "quarantine" together because Franklin's parents are in a cult (jab at current politics). Doris is constantly, constantly on Facetime some place, because: "I can't be in town right now." They show most of the kids doing more online learning and less face to face, since they can't put that many people together. It's either make it believable, or just acknowledge this is going on in the world. You can't have it both ways. 

I found it totally credible that Franklin's parents are on some retreat somewhere. Weren't they always like that? But their portrayal of kids iwth mono is totally absurd. Mono lays you flat out, and the kids are acting totally normal.

But I think it's fine for the show to do what they have to do to make production safe, and if they don't want to write the pandemic as a reason, I'm fine with these little excuses, like Doris being on perpetual vacation, and Cooper moving in because he prefers a family that pays attention to him. None of that is really out of character.

• Love 4