Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E30. Fareed Zakaria, John Leguizamo, Noah Rothman, John Avlon.

• Start Topic

The fact that Bill doesn’t see the issue with having three white men discuss anti-black racism is part of the reason this show is no longer a must-watch for me. It’s not that three white men aren’t allowed to discuss racism, Bill —it’s that a discussion about racism shouldn’t only include white men. 🤦🏾‍♀️

• Love 17
On 10/17/2020 at 7:39 AM, link417 said:

The fact that Bill doesn’t see the issue with having three white men discuss anti-black racism is part of the reason this show is no longer a must-watch for me. It’s not that three white men aren’t allowed to discuss racism, Bill —it’s that a discussion about racism shouldn’t only include white men. 🤦🏾‍♀️

I think what he meant was 3 white men can certainly talk about racism, as long as you don’t ALWAYS talk about it with only white men.

• Love 5

The fact that Bill doesn’t see the issue with having three white men discuss anti-black racism is part of the reason this show is no longer a must-watch for me. It’s not that three white men aren’t allowed to discuss racism, Bill —it’s that a discussion about racism shouldn’t only include white men.

To his credit Bill was actually pointing out the irony of this.

I've never heard of Noah Rothman before but it seemed like he was talking out both sides of his mouth. Half the time I didn't understand what the hell he was trying to say.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I've never heard of Noah Rothman before but it seemed like he was talking out both sides of his mouth. Half the time I didn't understand what the hell he was trying to say.

He was also talking like he was filibustering, fast without emphasis on any key words or points, changing the subject and blustering on with no pauses. The whole point of Real Time is to have discussions, not segment-long monologues.

• Love 1
On 10/18/2020 at 8:07 AM, Tara said:

I think what he meant was 3 white men can certainly talk about racism, as long as you don’t ALWAYS talk about it with only white men.

That’s the point that I was making — he did his usual thing where he mocked the assumed reaction of liberals, and said of course 3 white guys can discuss racism. Like, Bill, no one said they couldn’t; the only thing people object to is when it’s a panel of only white men, with no other perspectives.

• Love 1